Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs NEW 5300 mAh 28C Hard Cased Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I would like to thank Damon for sending me the email from the Chinese Lipo manufacturer claiming that they do our cells when in fact they don't. This seems to be normal business practice from Chinese cell manufacturers.
Thanks Danny for clarifying that info... I only go by what I am told and I see that I was lied too, not surprising coming from China...
Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

were cool bro...we both know that danny does not play games with batteries..it is his life..well except maybe pool...lol

your going to find that soon the consumer will be looking for numbers to decide what pack to buy...it was alot easier with nimh cells there were only one or two to choose from and most of the time the cells were close in numbers..with lipo's it's all over the board and alot of fake C ratings and lipo's with huge MAH ratings fitting in a very small case dimension...the GFX will be your best friend at the hobby shop...no one will care what the case says..just the little label that says 660 sec RT 7.80 volts and 4.2 IR you will sell alot of those!

and i wish you the best of luck with your packs...peace out bill
Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MOTHER FOCAR
were cool bro...we both know that danny does not play games with batteries..it is his life..well except maybe pool...lol

your going to find that soon the consumer will be looking for numbers to decide what pack to buy...it was alot easier with nimh cells there were only one or two to choose from and most of the time the cells were close in numbers..with lipo's it's all over the board and alot of fake C ratings and lipo's with huge MAH ratings fitting in a very small case dimension...the GFX will be your best friend at the hobby shop...no one will care what the case says..just the little label that says 660 sec RT 7.80 volts and 4.2 IR you will sell alot of those!

and i wish you the best of luck with your packs...peace out bill
Right on... I know all about #'s, I know all about the GFX

Gonna post some 35amp #'s soon for all you # fanatics
Old 10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Danny, gonna edit those posts since we found out that they have been posing!

talk with you later...
Old 10-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cant wait for the numbers!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I would like to thank Damon for sending me the email from the Chinese Lipo manufacturer claiming that they do our cells when in fact they don't. This seems to be normal business practice from Chinese cell manufacturers.

I don't know how the conversation between you two went but unless you both disclosed your suppliers to each other then Damon could be getting smoke blown up by ass by you instead of the lipo supplier. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're lying but it's in your best interest that (as far as everyone knows) only you have that supplier.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
I don't know how the conversation between you two went but unless you both disclosed your suppliers to each other then Damon could be getting smoke blown up by ass by you instead of the lipo supplier. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're lying but it's in your best interest that (as far as everyone knows) only you have that supplier.
None of the numbers mean much when it comes to LiPo's IMO. There are too many different ideas and not enough standards when rating. The above statement is possible, but who really cares about who makes them anymore. Whats good today is old hat tomarrow. Proofs in the pudding, when these begin to hit the street, they get the real numbers...consumers will decide. I've worked with Damon in the past and trust they have a good product they are putting their name on...so why dont some people cut them some slack and give time for the consumer numbers to decide.

I have yet to wear out a lipo because "something better" comes out to try or to run. I just bought 2 of the new style SMC's, they are good packs, and I'll propably get one of these to try too.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Kevin, what it is homie

Ok got some 35 amp #'s.. Remember this is from 1 pack and 1 cycle..

Runtime: 549 secs
Average Discharge Voltage: 7.22
Internal Resistance: 8.7
Capacity: 5292 mAh

Im not cycling anymore packs, so please dont ask

Damon
Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the info
Old 10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

With all these lipo packs in market the last months it's hard to believe that some Chinese cell manufacturer sells only to one company.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Diggity
Hey Kevin, what it is homie

Ok got some 35 amp #'s.. Remember this is from 1 pack and 1 cycle..

Runtime: 549 secs
Average Discharge Voltage: 7.22
Internal Resistance: 8.7
Capacity: 5292 mAh

Im not cycling anymore packs, so please dont ask

Damon
For a 2S2P pack with this "ture" capacity, you need to make each cell with 2700mAh capacity in order to discharge out 5292mAh at 35amp. So each cell's thickness need to be over 6mm to have the cell's capacity that reach to 2700mAh. 4 cells thickness will be over 24mm.

My question is how your Lipo manufacturer can manage to fit this 2S2P pack (with a thickness over 24mm) inside the hard case. Even the Lipo manufacturers from Korea can't make a cell with 2700mAh at the thickness of 5.5mm. You can easily find out the information from either Enerland or Kokam website.

Also,it really doesn't make any sense that it will hurts the performance of packs by doing cycling. We are actually doing cycling when we discharge and charge the packs race after race.

I also wonder why your run time was dropped from 620 seconds to 549 seconds while the discharging capacity still at 5292mAh.

One last question, do you buy the Lipo from different manufacturers? It is really odd that the average voltage and IR is very various according to your test result (voltage 7.21V-7.33V, IR7.7-10.2).
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by O'Brain
For a 2S2P pack with this "ture" capacity, you need to make each cell with 2700mAh capacity in order to discharge out 5292mAh at 35amp. So each cell's thickness need to be over 6mm to have the cell's capacity that reach to 2700mAh. 4 cells thickness will be over 24mm.

My question is how your Lipo manufacturer can manage to fit this 2S2P pack (with a thickness over 24mm) inside the hard case. Even the Lipo manufacturers from Korea can't make a cell with 2700mAh at the thickness of 5.5mm. You can easily find out the information from either Enerland or Kokam website.

Also,it really doesn't make any sense that it will hurts the performance of packs by doing cycling. We are actually doing cycling when we discharge and charge the packs race after race.

I also wonder why your run time was dropped from 620 seconds to 549 seconds while the discharging capacity still at 5292mAh.

One last question, do you buy the Lipo from different manufacturers? It is really odd that the average voltage and IR is very various according to your test result (voltage 7.21V-7.33V, IR7.7-10.2).

First #'s were the average from 4 packs cycled at 30 amps... The top #'s were 1 pack cycled at 35 amps..

the capacity of this (1) pack was higher because we balance charged before we cylced, which we did not do the first 4 packs..

5292 mAh is the true reading, the packs are just at maximum height, I had one apart and it was jammed into the casing... dont know how the Chinese are doing it, but they did it!

I still dont recommend cycling your Lipo's...

Buy one, check it out, you might be surprised!!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default lipo

have you got approval yet from roar cuz i would really want to try a pack
thx rick
Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedster53
have you got approval yet from roar cuz i would really want to try a pack
thx rick
Hey Rick, ROAR recieved them on the 8th and the guy that does the testing told me it would be 2-3 weeks, so I would say next week sometime hopefully!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just ordered 2 packs a few days back and would like to thank Damon on the awesome price. I will post feedback after I run them.

Killer looking packs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.