Wiki Posts
Search

USVTA Great Lakes Super Series

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just thought I'd let people know....

I've had questions about if were going to have a rubber touring class. Not a separate one, I talked to our locals, they don't care if rubbers run with them, so we'll run the (2) together.

Please feel free to ask any questions,,

Seeya'll in a couple weeks.

Aaron
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can someone please post some photos of the track? Looking forward to coming up there next weekend.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Can someone please post some photos of the track? Looking forward to coming up there next weekend.
http://www.michianarc.com/index.php?...mid=48&catid=5

Here you go....
Old 11-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

RACE 3 JANUARY 24 RC PERFORMANCE
Madison WI

The final date has been set, let's go racing
SUNDAY!
SUNDAY!!
SUNDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!

AT MICHIANA RC.......BE THERE, WE'LL SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT,BUT YOU'RE ONLY GONNA NEED THE EDGE!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you'll be racing in the series, and you have a team ready to go, drop me an email at [email protected] with the team name and it's members. If I can have an idea on who will be part of the team competition ahead of time, it will cut down on the craziness at the race.

Thanks guys!!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Cant wait for the first race this Sunday.....The team racing idea is cool too.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Michiana RC is Locked and Loaded for this weekend's Series Race!

Be there!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

3 of us should be there from Indy Slots!!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Cars are all ready to go. Keith and I will be there, and it looks like I'll be running 1/12th stock, too. wOOt! Can't wait. Haven't run 1/12th in a LONG time.

I'll have USVTA Tees with me, too, if anyone wants one. Stop by and see me. Look for the ApexSpeed and Gulf Camaros.

doug
Old 11-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any news on today's racing?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From everyone at Michiana RC- THANK YOU ALL that attended the first leg of the USVTA Great Lakes Super Series! We hope you had as much fun as we did!

We ran a 12th Scale Novice & Advanced class as well- congrats go out to Zac Donathan for taking the Win in Novice, and John Kissel for taking the win in Advanced!

In VTA- Brad Johnson TQ'ed and Won, with Kevin Kane in Second, and Crush in third!

We'll have all the results posted online soon, stay tuned!!!

Seeya at the next one!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Todd and Everyone at Michiana RC you guys did a great job with the race and everything was very well run and went off with out a hitch. I had a great time and Im looking forward to the next time I get to make it back over there for race.

Here are the points Standings so far.....

Im Guessing that Crush=Greg Carlson???
Also Kris, Greg and Bob I didnt have a Team Name so I just called you guys TEAM INDY....if you would like to give me another one I will change it for you.
Attached Thumbnails USVTA Great Lakes Super Series-vta-great-lakes-points2008-9.jpg  
Old 11-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Whooo hooo!! I'm not last!

Thanks to Todd and the GLSS gang for putting on a fun day. Can't say for sure whether I'll make Ft Wayne or not since it's such a hike, but we'll see. If not, someone else will need to step in and be the resident crash test dummy.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What a wonderfully run race. I was home watching the Blackhawks game by 6:30. It was great to meet as many new faces as I did yesterday, and we had a great time. I wish I was able to race more so that I wasn't so rusty picking up a wheel every time I do. Still a great day, though. Congrats to all who participated.

Just a quick note on the battery issues and concerns that arose yesterday. I want to express my apologies to anyone who was upset about the packs that happened to be used around the T/A pits. Let me assure you of a few things...

One, the mAh exceeding packs in question that happened to be used in qualifying by a handful of drivers were new packs that were just acquired and were not knowingly used to cheat the rules. When the issue was brought to the attention of the racers in question, they were promptly removed for legal LiPos and apologies were issued. I honestly believe that it was purely an accidental oversight and that it was not the intent of those racers to "cheat."

Having said that, the mAh rating of a LiPo pack has NOTHING to do with it's performance, and would have not added anything to those racer's performance. With any LiPo pack, the mAh rating is the duration of the power provided, not the amount of power. Those racers who used them would have done the exact same times with a 3200 or a 2400 pack.

The reason there is a mAh limit in the USVTA rules is solely to limit the thought (mistakingly) by racers that they always need the biggest and baddest of the newest LiPos. We could have just as easily limited it to 3200 packs and the performance of the cars would not change at all.

Again, I'm sorry to any of the racers that were upset by the rules infractions and you can be assured that all questionable cars were legal before and after the mains. As we all saw, the results didnt change one bit from qualifying.

Once again, cheers to he MRCR crew for a fantastic event. It's a shame we didn't see more travelers from Illinois and Wisconsin this weekend, as it wasn't much further of a drive than many Illinois guys make to go to Trackside.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I had a gret time yesterday at the race and had some good battles in the 3rd qualifier with Doug and then a 3 way battle for the B main win with Jacob , Todd and myself.

There were a few guys asking for the USVTA Stickers and i am sorry i forgot to come looking for you guys later in the race day , as i was chasing my car all day and actually building half of the car at the track in the morning. Jad to say it was pretty dang good at the end of the day and amazing for the first time ever with the car.

*** For anyone intrested in the USVTA Logo Sticker Sheets and or Pre Numbered USVTA number sheets i do have a bunch left and if you want them please PM me and i will see if i have a number you would like.

They are $5 for the numbered sheets and $10 for the full sheet of USVTA Logos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.