R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   losing my rear end???? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/245989-losing-my-rear-end.html)

jun_1.8T 10-05-2008 08:36 PM

losing my rear end????

hi there people.....im running a TA05 IFS-R right now. very new to electric but had been racing nitro for a few years now. i took the car out today and was having this problem. everytime i come out of a turn and accelerate...i would loose the rear end and the the back will just slide. for the life of me i couldnt figure it out. tried different shock positions....different shocks...swaybars...etc. the only i did not touch are the diffs. front and rear are both setup the same tension. im running on a parking lot using foams. what do you guys suggest??? how do you guys setup your car?? i would do the same things i do with my nitro cars(which always work) but will not work with this car. aren't they the same setups??? thanks!

reenmachine 10-05-2008 09:03 PM

Running in a moderate-grip situation like that I would highly recommend installing a spool (solid front axle) up front. That'll pull right out of those corners like nobody's business. This simple mod made a world of difference to my TA05.

Make sure your front diff is working properly. The little bolt that runs through the center and holds it together is prone to breakage, leaving you with RWD and crazy oversteer on throttle exiting a turn.

In the absence of a spool, run the front diff tighter than the rear.

SammyZ 10-05-2008 09:24 PM

also check for looks/broken parts

Trips 10-06-2008 06:48 AM

Like reen said, run the front diff tighter than the rear. Don't run the rear diff any tighter than it has to be to avoid slipping under power.

Also, if you're softening the rear springs to gain traction, make sure you're not going soft enough to allow the rear of the chassis to touch down... if there are any scrape marks on the sides or rear of the chassis you're losing traction every time the chassis touches toe surface.

jun_1.8T 10-06-2008 11:03 AM

ok thanks.....it's probably the diff thats causing my spin outs because that is the only thing i didn't bother touching. now what will be better to do....tighten the front diffs or just loosen the rear diffs??

thanks again

joe of loath 10-06-2008 12:36 PM

the stock TA05 setup has 1 degree positive camber on the rear. change this to one degree negative, and it should help alot.

tc3team 10-07-2008 03:10 AM

I think the ta05 in any form, out the box comes with 1 deg rear toe in.

Ive found 3 degrees rear toe in,2 deg front toe in and a spool really helps the car on carpet, as long as the suspension and droop are good too.

Aside from that, I can only suggest what others have. Hope the new car doesnt bug you too much! :)

jun_1.8T 10-07-2008 07:28 AM

what droop you guys suggest????