R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #301
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 63
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflow View Post
Aint it bothering that the rear dogbone/cvd are too angled that it chews up the outdrives faster?
Yes, my dogbones end up getting jammed up inside the outdrives quite a bit, causing wear and tear on it, if I don't catch it soon enough. I've tried getting keeping the dogbones from moving much by using fuel tubing inside the outdrives, which helps, but doesn't eliminate the problem entirely. I'm considering the cvd's, but no one's has told me that it helps.
rody63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #302
Tech Rookie
 
GlennJapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gotemba (MT. Fuji) Shizuoka Japan
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody63 View Post
Yes, my dogbones end up getting jammed up inside the outdrives quite a bit, causing wear and tear on it, if I don't catch it soon enough. I've tried getting keeping the dogbones from moving much by using fuel tubing inside the outdrives, which helps, but doesn't eliminate the problem entirely. I'm considering the cvd's, but no one's has told me that it helps.
I just installed the CVDs, "53792 Assembly universal Shaft TT-01-TA04"

These are a perfect drop in replacement and takes up all the slop that the dogbones had. (39mm shaft)
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glenn's Xtreme Radjicon BAKKA PROSHOP
RC Helicopters and CARS
Mt Fuji Japan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GlennJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #303
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,299
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Cvd are a good addition. I have front and rear. They're still in good condition after 3 years of use
__________________
TRF419X USGT, Roche F1 '16, M06 Pro M Chassis
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #304
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

Hey guys.

I am running a DF03ra chassis and i want to upgrade my shocks. In the manual, they show part #42102 TRF shocks as an upgrade. Would these work well on the chassis? Are they the same length as the stock shocks? I dont want to lose ride height or ground clearance.
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #305
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,299
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
Hey guys.

I am running a DF03ra chassis and i want to upgrade my shocks. In the manual, they show part #42102 TRF shocks as an upgrade. Would these work well on the chassis? Are they the same length as the stock shocks? I dont want to lose ride height or ground clearance.
42102 will work great
__________________
TRF419X USGT, Roche F1 '16, M06 Pro M Chassis
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #306
Tech Fanatic
 
Airflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

For the long term DF03RA users:
What needs to be upgraded/hopped up/mods ASAP?
What part/s wears out the most?
Can it handle 10.5T and below brushless setups?

Thanks
Airflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #307
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
42102 will work great
Will it affect my ground clearance or ride height?
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #308
Tech Rookie
 
Modified23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 16
Default

Yeah, I just putted around with mine tonight and from what I've been reading the dogbones are a problem. As soon as I press "reply" I'm off to the interweb super hi-way for some CVD shopping... Also, does anyone run shock limiters? I tried some in the front just putting around and, if you are.. Do yourself a favor and take them out. Fun little car though.
__________________
Speed=Good. Lightpost=Bad
Modified23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #309
Tech Rookie
 
Modified23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 16
Default

I ran across this on a DF03ra search.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-c...ed-df03ra.html

Can anyone tell me how he got sooo much extra ground clearance?! The front shock tower doesn't look stock, that and he doesn't say what kind it is. I'd love to get that little bit extra! I really didn't feel like joining another RC Forum, so I'm hoping either someone else is a member with a DF and can ask him, or someone actually knows the guy haha! I ended up ordering 2 sets of CVDs (Tamiya#53792) from a place called Tamiya-model.com. Also, what are you guys running for shock pistons and shocks? I almost was thinking about running some AE B4 front shocks all the way around. But, I think they would be much too long.
__________________
Speed=Good. Lightpost=Bad
Modified23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #310
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,299
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
Will it affect my ground clearance or ride height?
Depends if want it too or not. You can build the shocks with a spacer inside the damper, either by adding an o-ring under the piston. For the DF03 I didn't bother since it will be offroad

You can also adjust that by the shock end caps.. the plastic pieces you thread on to the bottom of shaft that attach to lower suspension arm. There are two lengths on those, the longer ones will give you greater clearance.
__________________
TRF419X USGT, Roche F1 '16, M06 Pro M Chassis
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #311
Tech Regular
 
Theibault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 432
Default

Just saw this thread. I love my DF-03Ra and I run it about once a month. Here's a really old video I have of mine. It was stock then, running brushless now.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Theibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #312
Tech Rookie
 
GlennJapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gotemba (MT. Fuji) Shizuoka Japan
Posts: 19
Default

Had some fun with my DF-03ra today. New paint scheme for all my cars this Year.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya DF-03Ra-dsc_0162.jpg  
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glenn's Xtreme Radjicon BAKKA PROSHOP
RC Helicopters and CARS
Mt Fuji Japan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GlennJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #313
Tech Apprentice
 
alien rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of France
Posts: 77
Default

Hello guys,

Just discover this thread and I can say, I'm happy to find some people running the df03ra...

To protect my chassis in my dirt's run, I have done this soft protection which is light, easy to put on and off and let the Air flow to cool the ESC...

This is only a prototype at this time but it will be soon ready to run !!!



__________________
FB : ALIEN R/C
www.alienracing.fr
alien rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #314
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modified23 View Post
I ran across this on a DF03ra search.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/non-c...ed-df03ra.html

Can anyone tell me how he got sooo much extra ground clearance?! The front shock tower doesn't look stock, that and he doesn't say what kind it is. I'd love to get that little bit extra! I really didn't feel like joining another RC Forum, so I'm hoping either someone else is a member with a DF and can ask him, or someone actually knows the guy haha! I ended up ordering 2 sets of CVDs (Tamiya#53792) from a place called Tamiya-model.com. Also, what are you guys running for shock pistons and shocks? I almost was thinking about running some AE B4 front shocks all the way around. But, I think they would be much too long.
Great find!

I am curious about the Traxxas wide hexes he is using. Does anyone know what part # those are?
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #315
Tech Regular
 
Theibault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennJapan View Post
Had some fun with my DF-03ra today. New paint scheme for all my cars this Year.
Love it! Nice and bright. I may have to pick up a Lancia body and paint it something bright like this.
Theibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya DF-03 type tom_chang79 Electric Off-Road 1048 01-17-2016 10:06 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
R/C Stuff Selling Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 45728 09-09-2009 08:19 AM
IMPORTANT: New Product Arrival Alert! (July 2008) rcmart rcMart.com Mega Online R/C Marketplace 55 07-31-2008 12:32 AM
IMPORTANT: New Product Arrival Alert! (June 2008) rcmart rcMart.com Mega Online R/C Marketplace 53 07-16-2008 03:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:21 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net