Search

Trinity lies again! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Trinity lies again! LOL

Here is what they have on the EPIC website about the "new" cell :

"EPIC has teamed with Gold Peak to produce our own custom made & hand picked cell which boasts the highest voltage and biggest capacity in R/C! The new Monster Metal is 3300 mah plus is made with the latest Ni-MH technology and has a recipe tweaked for maximum R/C performance."

Now look what GP says (at the bottom of the page):
http://www.gpina.com/consumer/hobby/index.htm

GP does make custom shrink for people but thats it. Wonder how many people will fall for this one as Trinity tries to mis-lead again?
Old 10-07-2003, 06:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Trinity lies again! LOL

Originally posted by promatchrcr
Here is what they have on the EPIC website about the "new" cell :

"EPIC has teamed with Gold Peak to produce our own custom made & hand picked cell which boasts the highest voltage and biggest capacity in R/C! The new Monster Metal is 3300 mah plus is made with the latest Ni-MH technology and has a recipe tweaked for maximum R/C performance."

Now look what GP says (at the bottom of the page):
http://www.gpina.com/consumer/hobby/index.htm

GP does make custom shrink for people but thats it. Wonder how many people will fall for this one as Trinity tries to mis-lead again?
pretty much what i expected from trinity..nothing good comes out from that company! totally rip off! just by sticking their big fat name on everything they touch, the price tripples!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Dunno . . .

about Trinity and their partnership with GP.

But I e-mailed GP months ago and asked about the difference between the GP3300 and GP 3300sp. Because I thought the ones from Eagle Model are a newer batch from the rest.

But its all a matter of the Company's process of zapping, enriching the cells.

Anyways, here is the reply that i got.

Dear Mr. Pia,

Regarding the different versions of GP3300, there is no difference at all between GP330SCHR(rainbow colour sleeve), GP330SCHC(green and orange sleeve) and the S.P. versions, in terms of cell construction and performance. To our knowledge, they are all of the same professional grade cells.

Nevertheless, we understood the cells might fall within a range of
voltage, and whether how the matchers pick and boost the cell voltage even further to promote their matched cells, that would be entirely their own business.

Also, one of the rumours in the thread about GP provides the customers in Asia with the new and better cells ahead of those in the States is totally untrue. We have a great sales network and distributors all over the world, and the worldwide customers are equally valuable to us.

I hope the above information we are providing is clear. If there are any further queries, please do not hesistate and kindly let me know.

Thank you very much for your great support in racing with GP batteries.

Best regards,
Josephine Tam
Quality Engineer, GP Batteries
Old 10-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Looks like Trinity playing with words rather than lying. The GP cells are in a customer specific shrink wrap therefore ARE custom made for Trinity. Even though the cell's internals are identical.

Stretching the truth is probably a better description.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Call it what you want but saying a cell has been custom made is NOT the same as having your Shrink wrap for them custom made. They are still not being up front with their customers.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Thumbs down BOOOOO!!!!

Whether the "truth" was strectched or not, Trinity won't be seeing my $$$......Too many other companies out there that put out better products with the "regular" cells (just click the link in my signature).

Buddha
Old 10-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Stretching the truth is probably a better description.
True, but still just as bad. They aren't claiming to do a better job zapping and matching, they are claiming that they are getting different cells and that is not true. Typical Trinity move.

Who's up for a class action lawsuit? Let's sue them into honesty
Old 10-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Another mistake I have seen by "T" is in the advertisements for the Monster Stock motor. The picture of the motor: its is clearly visible that the armature in the can is a Tri-Rotor design, like the Green Machine, However, as we know, its a designe much like the Core Stock, and MVP arm. I am refering to the pic in RCCA, rather than their web site.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

i almost fall for that
thanks for clearing things up
Old 10-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

If you look around GP's site, you'll see that in order for them to sell to you directly you need to be buying 100k worth of batteries a year... Obviously Trinity has that money to do so... So, trinity gets their own custom label out of it and 100k worth of batteries to sort through and pick the best cells matched for each other... They're just playing with words here... Some people will fall for it, probably enough to make it worth their while...

Is one matchers battery pack truely better than another matchers??? They're all using the same settings to get their results and you can only zap a battery so much... as I se it, a 1.17 battery is the same no matter whose machine it came from, so long as the macine is calibrated...
Old 10-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Different matchers DEFINITELY produce different product. You can very easily kill a cell by zapping it too hard. Some matchers produce tons of 1.185+ cells, and the numbers will back up on your discharger for the first wo or three cycles, then the cells will go straight down the tubes. The best advice I can give is this, find a company or two who provide you with consistent and reliable power, and buy only their stuff. I have brand X 1.16 packs that run stronger than alot of guys brand Y 1.18's. Matchers are different, Zappers are different, plain and simple.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Good old Ernie, what a guy.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Can that be seen as false advertising?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

well.
it is false advertising

since they say custom made cells and not custom made SLEEVES

From GP

DISCLAIMER: GP Batteries does not manufacture custom cells nor participate in any exclusive agreements to make available special cells for any company in the hobby or race car industry.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

It's marketing gentlemen. Almost like the bait and switch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.