Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Speed-T

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM
BM1
Tech Initiate

Default Losi Speed-T

I picked up a Losi Speed-T tonight. I also picked up 3 of the Losi LiPo 11.1v 3-cell 3,200mAH batteries and a Losi charger.

Is this a pretty good truck? I had too many frustrations trying to get my Jato 3.3 running correctly to the point it wasn't fun any more.

I smashed that thing into the pavement and broke it. What a waste.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It will be faster than the jato (65+ mph), and it will get to that speed in a fraction of the time the jato takes.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:39 PM
BM1
Tech Initiate

Is there such a thing as a better differential for these trucks? People are saying the stocker will go eventually.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Query

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me, I have been into Nitro for about 3 years now and never really considered electric. However now I am seriously considering buying a Losi Speed T, my only problem is the run times. I'm not a racer, I just have a few friends who join me in thrashing our cars in empty car parks now and again.

*What sort of run times do the 11.1v 3200mAh lipo batteries give?
*Can I use this battery? (A 10000mAh cell, what run times would these give?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/11.1V10000mAhLip...20010011r12501

*How fragile is the Losi Speed T? I've heard electric rc cars have very sensitive electrics, is this true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 10-03-2008, 09:14 AM
BM1
Tech Initiate

I run Losi 3200mAh 11.1V LiPo packs in my Speed-T, and I've gotten at least 15 minutes on the full power setting in the ESC. The ESC in the unit supports up to an 8000mAh LiPo pack, so you shouldn't try to use a 10,000mAh pack.

Mine has been pretty tough. I broke the differential gear the first time out, but I replaced that with their stronger replacement piece (white in color instead of the stock black one) and also changed the pinion gear to a 17T from the stock 20T. I've been beating on it since with no differential gear failures. My top speed is reduced, but it pulls harder all the way up to its top speed due to the lower gearing.

I like mine a lot. I used to have a Jato 3.3 and this thing is faster and more fun with less headache.