R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2003, 07:01 PM   #31
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

seriousre - Buy her a used TC3, you can get them cheap like $80 or less. But if you do intend on restoring/racing the car in the pics, go all out. As mike_Webb said fabricate the parts from graphite and replace the front end with the l2 or l3 setup. You could get it to be sweet but it would require a fair bit of work and cash. The website below has sheets of graphite(you'd have to check the thickness), they also can cut them out for you for a charge of course. You'd probabely spend more restoring it then you would on a TC3.

http://www.macqc.com/raceplates/newProducts.htm
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:24 AM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Default It's a Hyperdrive for sure

This is an old Hyperdrive for sure. Here are the tip-off's:

1. Look at the white plastic spacers under the T-Plate rails and the side shock cross brace.

2. Look at the quad mono ball setup (2-T Plate, 2 Rear Pod) I hated these but Stan Bracket loved them!

3. A lot of cars had beam front ends but only hyperdrive had the small tray that screwed to the beam to mount the servo on the front beam and turned around backwards from the way we mount them now on the Chassis. The flat spot is there but the tray is missing.

By the way can anyone tell me what has been modified
on this front end assesembly?

Anybody notice the front tires are installed backwards to widen the front track??

BT
rc4less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 12:08 PM   #33

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
seriousre - Buy her a used TC3, you can get them cheap like $80 or less. [/url]
Yeah, thatís the best idea. Even if you get it viably running again, a Pan Car isnít really the best place for a novice to start out (I say that even though Iím usually shamelessly promoting the class even).
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #34
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default Hey Bruce`

I can tell whats been modified!! The beam has been cut on the left side so you can adjust castor for each side. The original one has the castor split at 3 degreees I think.

eric a
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 03:05 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Default Close Close Close

The split front beam was a factory option. Not sure if this cut is factory or not but you are on the right track. Look at the right side front beam mount. Since it's not split for a clamping grip someone drilled & tapped a set screw to keep the beam from turning. That didn't work on mine either as one hit and you would be racing with 20 degrees caster and you couldn't be sure if it was positive or negative after the wreck.

bt

Hey Eric, get off the phone so I can call you,

BT
rc4less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 05:36 PM   #36
Tech Apprentice

I got a guy who should be getting me some graphite sheets for a good price, I may also change my mind to go aluminum on the chassis.

Right now it looks like it will just be dissasembled and I will slowly make the new parts, part by part from scratch.

I have access to alot of metal machining tools i.e. bridgeport and such, so I shouldnt have a problem making new parts from scratch.

I was just looking for the easy way out to get the car up and running, but it look like it will be a long project instead.

oh well I just bought this one for her instead for now

i bought everything pictured

I wanted a pan car for her because I want to run 8 cells with an 8 or 9 single, and because she wants a truck real bad so I have to keep it cheap until we can afford a traxxas e-maxx

should be pretty insane when its all done.
seriousre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 06:05 PM   #37
Tech Addict

seriousre,

If you still need parts for I have some. I've got a new split front beam with all of the parts (axels, king-pins, springs, split clamp and hardware). I also have upper and lower rear pod plates and the other piece that the body mouts/upper links attach to. I have two of the lower pod plates: one has a kick-up and helps protect the spur and looks kinda like a diffuser/rear bumper. I think I also still have a couple of the 'L' arms and some pivot balls as well.

I used to run a Lynx and forgot about the spares when I sold the car...back in the early 90's.
buddhatechraceservices @ gmail . com
BuddhaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 06:32 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by seriousre
I got a guy who should be getting me some graphite sheets for a good price, I may also change my mind to go aluminum on the chassis.

Right now it looks like it will just be dissasembled and I will slowly make the new parts, part by part from scratch.

I have access to alot of metal machining tools i.e. bridgeport and such, so I shouldnt have a problem making new parts from scratch.

I was just looking for the easy way out to get the car up and running, but it look like it will be a long project instead.

I wanted a pan car for her because I want to run 8 cells with an 8 or 9 single, and because she wants a truck real bad so I have to keep it cheap until we can afford a traxxas e-maxx

holy smokes! a pan car with 8 cells and a 8 or 9 turn single? yeee haaa!! hang on dude!
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:15 PM   #39
Tech Elite

seriousre - Scrap the aluminium chassis idea, you'll bend it with the first hit.

With the money you've spend on the pan cars you could have bought another TC3 that would have been much easier for your girlfiend to drive....
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 10:04 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
seriousre - Scrap the aluminium chassis idea, you'll bend it with the first hit.

With the money you've spend on the pan cars you could have bought another TC3 that would have been much easier for your girlfiend to drive....

So you think,

Not to brag but here is what I got and what I paid

1 TC3 fully buit RTR with upgraded electronics
1 Airtronics radio
The pan car in the first set of pictures
A box of extra parts
The 200mm conversion kit for the tc3
Some aluminum dog bones
1 Speed gems orange motor
1 P2k Pro motor
Novak rooster reversable ESC
A bunch of rims and tires
some bodiesand I think thats about it

ALL FOR $130 SHIPPED

The pan car in the second set of pictures I just bought with EVERYTHING you see and more for $40.00 SHIPPED

Thats $190 for everything I own so far, I havent even came close to the price of one RTR TC3 yet, and my TC3 will kick a rtr TC3's ass like a radio shack car

heres some pics

and yes I know the pieces of the sides of the car are broken, I broke them because I was too lazy to remove all my electronic to unscrew them so my body would fit

and I also know the rear of the car is 200mm and the front is 190mm, I will convert is all over to 200mm when I get my aluminum Blue screw set.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:22 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

BTW this forum ROCKS,

and that other r/c universe or whatever BLOWS

glad I found this place, I couldnt put up with any more of those damn pop-ups @ r/c universe
Old 09-22-2003, 05:17 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

seriousre,

Those chassis protectors (" pieces of the sides of the car are broken") are meant to go at the rear of the car. They are doing nothing at the moment!
yobbism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 11:20 AM   #43
Tech Elite

guys the first pancar pictured as per my oldschool magazine r/c encyclopedia's
i was origionally wrong by saying it wasnt a hyperdrive.
in fact! it is !
a hyperdrive h10Lx i didnt recognize it because there are a couple pieces missing off the fromt end there are suppose to be two stiffening ribs comming from the front axle mounts and attaching to the upper deck to the front screws.
they also made like 2 or 3 different variations of the car.
as for that big buy that srious guy is a composite craft lynx oval car. was the king at lake whipporwhill in the early 90's probably the first none t-plate car of the eara.

guys if you have other pics post them and ill look int my mags and try to give you a reply!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:03 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 PM   #45
Tech Apprentice

Default WOW!!

Quote:
Originally posted by seriousre

Man, I haven't seen one of those in a while! I had a friend who was still racing his as of '98 or '99, but parts were getting hard to come by. I always thought it was a cool car, but fragile...at least more fragile that my old 10 and 10LSS.
Brolzy is offline   Reply With Quote