R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #91
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Visiblity from track level is great. No poles anywhere and low profile barriers make the cars easy to see.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #92
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I havent been a ROAR member for years... and havent competitively raced in that same amount of time. Im going to read through the rules in the handbook, but figured i could ask a few quick questions that might not be covered.

I know the tires are a control tire, Jaco "blues" i understand. Is this for all TC classes? Can they be purchased prior to the event if we were to come up for a weekend to run?

Can brushed/brushless and NiMh/LiPo be mixed and still be legal?

I have been to The C before... i remember pit space being limited. Has this changed?

Thanx!


BTW from what i remember the racing surface was awesome... and i had a great time there. Im looking forward to seeing old faces, and rubbin fenders with you guys that might remember me.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #93
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
I havent been a ROAR member for years... and havent competitively raced in that same amount of time. Im going to read through the rules in the handbook, but figured i could ask a few quick questions that might not be covered.

I know the tires are a control tire, Jaco "blues" i understand. Is this for all TC classes? Can they be purchased prior to the event if we were to come up for a weekend to run?

Can brushed/brushless and NiMh/LiPo be mixed and still be legal?

I have been to The C before... i remember pit space being limited. Has this changed?

Thanx!


BTW from what i remember the racing surface was awesome... and i had a great time there. Im looking forward to seeing old faces, and rubbin fenders with you guys that might remember me.
You can buy blues at The Coliseum or wherever you want but The Coliseum has them for a great price. The control tires at nats have to be in the bag when you register them for your car in order to ensure you haven't changed inserts etc.

Everything has to be brushless

Pit spaces are limited but they provide plenty of room.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #94
Tech Champion
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Yes..Race tires will be marked and Tagged weekend of event so all tires used in heats or mains must have ID tags. If you buy tires in advance and open package they will be void. Usally all tires are teched thursday of event.
__________________
www.express-motorsports.net for all your motor needs
Multi time National Champions,Reedy Champs,Vegas Champs,Birds, Champs,[email protected]

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #95
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

will there be a shuttle service to transport drivers
from the hotel to the race track?

If not how does one get from the hotel to
the track? Which hotels?
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #96
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
You can buy blues at The Coliseum or wherever you want but The Coliseum has them for a great price. The control tires at nats have to be in the bag when you register them for your car in order to ensure you haven't changed inserts etc.

Everything has to be brushless.

Thanx for the info!


ROAR doesnt allow anything brushed anymore? Sheesh. I was hopin i could run NiMh and brushless together. Well more homework for me then. I needa crash course on LiPo batteries/chargers to buy...
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #97
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losithrasher View Post
so what battery for world gt?
12th and WGT are 1s lipo only.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #98
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
I havent been a ROAR member for years... and havent competitively raced in that same amount of time. Im going to read through the rules in the handbook, but figured i could ask a few quick questions that might not be covered.

I know the tires are a control tire, Jaco "blues" i understand. Is this for all TC classes? Can they be purchased prior to the event if we were to come up for a weekend to run?

Can brushed/brushless and NiMh/LiPo be mixed and still be legal?

I have been to The C before... i remember pit space being limited. Has this changed?

Thanx!


BTW from what i remember the racing surface was awesome... and i had a great time there. Im looking forward to seeing old faces, and rubbin fenders with you guys that might remember me.
You can run brushed in stock or modified, super stock is the only class where brushed motors aren't allowed.

NIMH can be used in all TC classes. Pan car classes, 12th & WGT, are 1s lipo battery only.

Control tires for TC and WGT must be presented NEW IN PACKAGE to RMT tech for ID. Opened TC tire bags, TC tires out of the bag, WGT foams out the box or cut will not be allowed thru tech.

All motors and batteries and bodies must be on the ROAR approval list.

Hope that helps.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #99
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

hmm, even wgt. interestin so 13.5/1s or is it now bumped to 10.5/1s ?

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #100
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
hmm, even wgt. interestin so 13.5/1s or is it now bumped to 10.5/1s ?

R
WGT is 13.5 1s lipo
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #101
Tech Addict
 
Gone Racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Just a heads up, 3 off the 4 hotels listed on the flyer are all book up allready. Some big Firemen thing is in town for the 3rd and 4th. Ron H,
Gone Racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #102
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Racin View Post
Just a heads up, 3 off the 4 hotels listed on the flyer are all book up allready. Some big Firemen thing is in town for the 3rd and 4th. Ron H,
well at least if lipos, motors, or some1s head catches on fire then at least its good timing (or bad timing, you know, trinity pulse...) haha. sorry couldnt resist.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #103
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
You can run brushed in stock or modified, super stock is the only class where brushed motors aren't allowed.

NIMH can be used in all TC classes. Pan car classes, 12th & WGT, are 1s lipo battery only.

Control tires for TC and WGT must be presented NEW IN PACKAGE to RMT tech for ID. Opened TC tire bags, TC tires out of the bag, WGT foams out the box or cut will not be allowed thru tech.

All motors and batteries and bodies must be on the ROAR approval list.

Hope that helps.

Yes it does, greatly. Thank you!
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #104
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Racin View Post
Just a heads up, 3 off the 4 hotels listed on the flyer are all book up allready. Some big Firemen thing is in town for the 3rd and 4th. Ron H,
what flyer?
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #105
Tech Master
 
redlion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Here is the flyer. Link
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EddieO for ROAR President EddieO Electric Off-Road 23 10-06-2008 06:39 PM
EddieO for ROAR President EddieO Monster Trucks 6 10-06-2008 03:54 PM
ROAR bylaws revision Homer Allman Electric Off-Road 162 08-03-2005 10:17 PM
2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway AdrianM Electric On-Road 2162 12-29-2004 04:09 AM
2003 ROAR Stock Off-Road Nationals Results CRAAIR Northwest Racers 0 07-29-2003 11:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:51 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net