R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #301

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well be proud of what u pulled off mr Casey. Regardless of what you did racing wise here and in future. u can always look back and say the track i managed did a national. whether u stop RC in 20yrs or next wk. So how long is the C closed for 'recovery'?

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #302
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
ROAR does not select dates for events. Dates are selected by the host. ROAR will request a change if the event dates selected conflict with another ROAR national event or an IFMAR event of the same class, but ultimately, it is only the host who can determine dates of an event they bid for and received through the selection process.

I also request comments disrespecting the effort of those who did attend and worked very hard for their positions, stop? That simply is not fair as... well, where were you, without the excuses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
Which in this case the closest date to summer was October. Ruben and I agreed on this date almost a year ago. We were both concerned about it being later in the year but every date prior going back to April was conflicting with other National Events.
Thank you Dawn and Casey for putting the date question closed.

Thanks to the RMT for running this event, a couple of minor issues that were handled quickly and quietly. Congrats to all the racers who showed up, I hope you-all left with with good experience racing at the C. We locals really tried hard to make this an good event and that it will not be the last time you come and race with us again.

To those who came thank you, for those who chose not to... too bad, you missed a good race...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #303
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I LOVE THE "C"!!!!!!

Yeah Casey, when can we get back on the track. Will Sportsmans night run this Thursday, and will you leave up the layout from the Nationals?
Protus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #304
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
a couple of minor issues that were handled quickly and quietly...

yea.. about that... odd how folks think a decision can be changed by calling me at home.... thats not how it works guys.. LOL
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #305
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
yea.. about that... odd how folks think a decision can be changed by calling me at home.... thats not how it works guys.. LOL
See, I told ya it was a minor issue....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #306
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
See, I told ya it was a minor issue....
Sorry I couldn't get there.. next time, ok?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #307
Tech Elite

I am in need of speaking with TJ Bradley. Anybody have his phone number or email addy?

thanks!
Dawn

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 10-05-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: got 1/2 the info I need
Old 10-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #308
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Bowser/Mark - Please PM me the part number of the pivot ball that you were using.

Thanks,
Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #309
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI View Post
wow i gotta say What a major dissapointment with roar and the nats pretty bad when u have guys in an amain that arent deserving to be there but because the whole race was a flop i guess roar should change there stance and just do RC partys that way everyone can be in the a for a nats at there local track

Hmm...for a representative of both TOP and Epic, that is a very CLASSLESS thing to say. The racers who made it to the A-Main deserved to be there. They EARNED it. So what if other pros did not make it..their loss. It is so easy to blame and point fingers, but as it stands, this IS a Roar national event and the ones who won are ROAR National Champions. Don't hate. It's a shame a company representative is less than professional on this matter and has to post this for the world to see. I really hope this isn't a representation of the companies you race for...cuz if it is, im NOT a fan.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #310
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Hmm...for a representative of both TOP and Epic, that is a very CLASSLESS thing to say. The racers who made it to the A-Main deserved to be there. They EARNED it. So what if other pros did not make it..their loss. It is so easy to blame and point fingers, but as it stands, this IS a Roar national event and the ones who won are ROAR National Champions. Don't hate. It's a shame a company representative is less than professional on this matter and has to post this for the world to see. I really hope this isn't a representation of the companies you race for...cuz if it is, im NOT a fan.
+1

That's not a very good attitude for a rep to display at all.

Congrats to all the winners at the Nats. Don't let a few poor sports sour your experience.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #311
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to munrath

+1

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #312
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by munrath View Post
+1
Mark, I'll let Burter and Kool-Aid know tomorrow to get in contact with you
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Big congratulations to all the participants and especially the winners. The racing looked very courteous and ultra competitive. But in the end, it was a XRAY weekend.
XRAY - 1st Place MOD TC
XRAY - 1st Place Super Stock TC
XRAY - 1st Place Stock TC

Interviewer: Hey Robbie...now that you just won the ROAR Nat 2009 Super Stock Championship... what now?

Robbie: I am going to Disney World.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #314
Tech Champion

Default Wow!

Over 24 hours later and I'm still at a loss for words!

I cannot say thanks enough to everyone that has helped and supported me over the past few years, and including this past weekend.

Thanks first and foremost to ROAR and HobbyTown USA, "The Coliseum" for holding and hosting the event!

Thanks to all of my sponsors, RC America/Xray/Hudy, Express Motorsports, Jaco, SMC, Tekin, MW Designs, 5-Nines Consulting and Sheckells & Sons Construction for all of the support and excellent products! Ralph Burch, Paul Lemieux and Drew Ellis for all of the setup advice that helped me dial in my T2 '009. John Tag, Jason Schreffler and Randy Pike for all of the expert advice on tuning my Express-tuned Duo and Tekin RS which provided insane horsepower. Mike Webb, thanks as always for the rad paintjobs!

Also I'd like to give a shout out to Mike Hanulec for the topdeck that he gave me Thursday night that kept me running after wadding up the car in practice. Without your generosity, I may have ended up spectating instead of racing.

Hope to see everyone again at the Halloween Classic!
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #315
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkboy View Post
Over 24 hours later and I'm still at a loss for words!

I cannot say thanks enough to everyone that has helped and supported me over the past few years, and including this past weekend.

Thanks first and foremost to ROAR and HobbyTown USA, "The Coliseum" for holding and hosting the event!

Thanks to all of my sponsors, RC America/Xray/Hudy, Express Motorsports, Jaco, SMC, Tekin, MW Designs, 5-Nines Consulting and Sheckells & Sons Construction for all of the support and excellent products! Ralph Burch, Paul Lemieux and Drew Ellis for all of the setup advice that helped me dial in my T2 '009. John Tag, Jason Schreffler and Randy Pike for all of the expert advice on tuning my Express-tuned Duo and Tekin RS which provided insane horsepower. Mike Webb, thanks as always for the rad paintjobs!

Also I'd like to give a shout out to Mike Hanulec for the topdeck that he gave me Thursday night that kept me running after wadding up the car in practice. Without your generosity, I may have ended up spectating instead of racing.

Hope to see everyone again at the Halloween Classic!
There you have it, Robbie Dodge approved, DIZZLE!!
"You drive fo mee now, STICKA!!"
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote