R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

THe ROAR nationals Dates were announced ONE YEAR in advance...how much planning does one need???

The IIC dates were announced 6 months in advance..

Rick,

Wouldn't it be more of a challenge, with more excuses, if the Asphalt nats were held the same time every year? Since that is typically an outdoor event.

I can understand the carpet nats since its an indoor event.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How does the paved nats differ from the carpet nats? If the date is going to be announced a year in advance, there is no controlling what is going to happen if it is outside or not - I am assuming that you are talking about weather...

I was agreeing with Rick, the fact that there is confusion if the race dates aren't the same time every year. This year paved nats is right after IIC, and before the Gate race. There is enough time to recover from IIC and get ready for the Gate. By interjecting a race that is not usually in the middle of that schedule, more people will choose one over the other. Not because of favoritism, rather, what they can afford to do (both time and money).

We have come to expect that the IIC will be close to the beginning of September. The Gate race is Halloween weekend, Cleveland is T-day, Novak is at the beginning of Jan, Snowbirds is the end of Jan. Carpet Nats is in March. We know when these events are happening. The fall/winter schedule is full, why interject a summer race into an already busy schedule?
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #198
Tech Elite

The reason an OUTDOOR race that should/would move around the country would be hard to have the same weekend every year is because of weather...

Weather in Fla. in June is way different than it is in say March or Oct.

Same for if Washinton State got a race..you wanna go there during the Rainy season or have the option of holding the date when there is less chance of Rain?? You gonna shedule your vacation to got Fla. for an OUTDOOR race during hurricane season???

All the races you mentioned ARE CARPET RACES INDOORS that most don't move from state to state or region to region every year,

I for one would think an INDOOR asphalt race should have been a POSITIVE!

Its always nice and cool inside and NO rain out....

But as I said before, If you were going you will be there..if not post excuse here!

I do agree that ROAR needs to do something to make the NATIONALS more appealing.

This is what 3 years with low turn outs for the asphalt nats.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #199
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Only once in the past 7 years has the Paved Onroad Nats not been held in June/July. Since this is an indoor track, weather is not a factor. I'm sure ROAR has their reason(s) for setting this date, but I'm guessing next year's Paved Nats won't be in October.
BBSpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #200
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

to repeat a earlier post, I have been looking forward to this race since last years paved nats, since that time I chose to go to Reedy, and the IIC, with making plans for Reedy and the IIC, for some reason I thought I had more time before Nats, so i make a post saying sorry can't make it, My Lady and I are talking and she says just go, you have the vacation and money and you really wanted to go, I search flight and hotels for cost and say to myself, let me go ahead and check the thread to see whats going on, so i click on this thread to get a update on whats going on and see that I am getting a public Smack down (along with others) for changing my mind on attending.

getting a smack down for not showing up and "making excuses" makes me really glad I didn't go ahead and hit that submit button a minute ago when looking at flights/motels, but instead decided to come on this thread and see what was going on.

nice job on 'PROMOTING' your race. I'm sure the track appreciates all your hard work.

btw, didn't the track pick the race date not roar.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 AM   #201
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It's crazy how the MD, VA and DC guys travel all over the place to attend "Big" races but when we hold a race we get no love...
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #202
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
It's crazy how the MD, VA and DC guys travel all over the place to attend "Big" races but when we hold a race we get no love...
Meaning you will travel 22 miles from my house to The C?
komkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

I think it's time for the Duck List to come out.

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #204
Tech Elite

Skypilot- Where in the world did you get the idea that "everyone" is attacking YOU? I looked back and no one made any comment about what you said. The excuse thing came up after "Rosco's" post about the low turn out due to "rubber tire".

I know my comments were not towards you becasue I had not looked back the 3 pages to read it. LOL

Teach- perfect post!

Unrath- That duck list is so long you would still be typing it AFTER the Nats!

Its sad that this race has some of TC's fastest guys within 4-5 hrs of this track and NONE ARE SIGNED UP TO RACE!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #205
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If I didnt have some health issues with my surgery in the spring/summer and My daughter wasnt going thru some medical needs I would have the funds and be there in a heart beat!! Trust me date was not best, I knew about that well in advance and planned to attend any how. But with things that piled up funds are just not there and I will truley be missing this event and having a bad weekend wishing I was there.....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

John - We've got your back, you will not be added to the duck list

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #207
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
Skypilot- Where in the world did you get the idea that "everyone" is attacking YOU? I looked back and no one made any comment about what you said. The excuse thing came up after "Rosco's" post about the low turn out due to "rubber tire".
dear sir, could you do me a big favor and point out where in my post I said "everyone" was attacking ME.

you failed to read my post before responding, I was making a comment on how i felt after reading the posts concerning people making excuses. As I was one that post a excuse I felt it was directed towards me, "and others"

Mr Tag, gonna miss racing with you, hope you and your family make a full recovery, take care, maybe next year.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #208
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

John Tag, It's all good... You know you're like a local around here......you can come up and get this SMACKDOWN anytime. Hope everything works out on the home front...
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #209
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In less than 8 days you will be at one of the finest race tracks in the country with a lot of the fastest racers from all over the globe. I'm sure those who cannot make it have a good reason and for those still considering coming, you will not be disappointed if you show up.
ROAR will be at the track on Wednesday night and taking trackside entries all day Thursday (without a late fee).
We all have been looking forward to this race for the entire year. October was the only date both the host track and ROAR could agree on. So there is no reason to point the blame toward anyone.
While you're in Frederick if you have time or are traveling with others. The Octoberfest is going on only a mile from the track and there is a lively night life in downtown within walking distance from most of the cities hotels/motels.
Let's start trying to have some fun on this thread!!
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #210
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
If I didnt have some health issues with my surgery in the spring/summer and My daughter wasnt going thru some medical needs I would have the funds and be there in a heart beat!! Trust me date was not best, I knew about that well in advance and planned to attend any how. But with things that piled up funds are just not there and I will truley be missing this event and having a bad weekend wishing I was there.....
Tag your just scared I'll fail you in tech, I know why you REALLY aren't coming