R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #181
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
To any of the Roar people. My two battery packs I'm using in my car. I sanded the humps off the bottom. I'm I going to be able to use these packs?
Because it's you Steve I'll say no (KIDDING)

When we get to the track bring them over to me and I'll look at them but it shouldn't be a huge problem
Old 09-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #182
Tech Master

everyone wants to blame the economy because of the low turnout but the reason many wanted to run rubber tire is because of the lower cost over foams on carpet. Someone listened to you and tried to give you what you want and wow a low turnout so basically all you guys who are crying about running rubber tire and showing very little to no support should keep your opinions to yourself. (always an excuse). i didnt help getting on here and starting this rubber vs. foam crap that just further divided sedan but to not back it up .....sucks
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko View Post
everyone wants to blame the economy because of the low turnout but the reason many wanted to run rubber tire is because of the lower cost over foams on carpet. Someone listened to you and tried to give you what you want and wow a low turnout so basically all you guys who are crying about running rubber tire and showing very little to no support should keep your opinions to yourself. (always an excuse). i didnt help getting on here and starting this rubber vs. foam crap that just further divided sedan but to not back it up .....sucks
Last I looked, this was the Paved Electric Nationals... This would mean that it is rubber tires anyway. The only foams are 12th and WGT... You would have a valid argument if it were the Carpet Nats... I would blame the economy - it is also the reason why I am looking at the fence and not on it.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Why would you bring this up for the Paved Onroad Nats? Has there ever been a Foam Touring class at the Paved Onroad Nats?

I think the biggest cause for low entries is the date. This race is usually held in the middle of the summer. Having it in October, a few weeks after the first big indoor carpet race, is a mistake. If this race wasn't an hour from my house, I definately would not be attending.
BBSpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #185
Tech Master

being carpet or asphalt is not my point, its a rubber tire race i now, thats my point, low turnout. if running rubber is so much cheaper than running foams just wondering why all the guys that were crying about running rubber tire only which im sure most are not going to attend should keep quiet and just keep silent about putting down foam tires.

those guys know who they are
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #186
Tech Master

my point is i hate when some guys put down foams and blame foams for low turnouts at big races because of cost when heres a rubber tire race and still a low turnout. get from behind that laptop send in that entry form and get ready and support what you wanted, a rubber tire race.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

I still don't buy THE EXCUSES being used!

Either you want to race or you don't!

If the date was really an excuse, becasue supposed carpet season has "started" after Vegas....you want me to buy that ALL these guys have no clue how to change a car back over from Carpet/rubber to Asphalt rubber? BS! hell if they showed up with thier carpet /rubber set up they might be pretty darn close at the C.

Its just this simple THEY WERE NOT COMING ANYWAY!

I just hate it for the guys that are going....its gonna be just like last year. After the race the "Winners" got no respect. Because then all was said was "well that person only won because none of the 'fast guys' were there"

Touring car racing has become one of the biggest jokes in RC over the last year....Too much bitching and whinning.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #188
Tech Master

+1
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #189
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
my point is i hate when some guys put down foams and blame foams for low turnouts at big races because of cost when heres a rubber tire race and still a low turnout. get from behind that laptop send in that entry form and get ready and support what you wanted, a rubber tire race.
And his point is that its not about the cost, it's about the schedule. Look at IIC rubber vs foam entries this year, there are TONS of rubber tire racers, but, and this is a general assumption, that if they went to say IIC, they don't want to travel a few weeks later, and maybe planning their travel around other races like the birds, grandslam series, or something else local.

Its a shame to see the general lack of entries, I went to the carpet nats and it was a great event.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

My first question would be this...

WHERE IS ALL THE FACTORY SUPPORT FOR A ROAR NATIONALS??? I have only heard of 4-5 "factory" racers showing up...that is SAD from an industry stand point.

Touring racing needs to take a LONG HARD LOOK at where its headed or next year this disscussion may not be needed.

I bet you wouldn't see the EURO's or Japanese Nationals with only 30 entries. And only 4-5 "factory" racers there!

Has all those years of Stock sandbaggers now coming back to haunt us???? LOL
Old 09-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #191
Tech Master

lame... most guys who complain im sure didnt go to vegas.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #192
Tech Master

the carpet nats hosted by the gate was the a great time
Old 09-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #193
Tech Master

whoops
Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #194
Tech Elite

People make plans for races well in advance.When you put a race in the middle of an already crowded scedule, you are bound to get conflicts. If ROAR wants the Nats to succeed, it need to run the race the same weekend ever year (like the Carpet Nats). This way people can plan in their mind that they will attend.

You finish the IIC, Cleveland, Snowbords, Novak Race, Halloween Classic, Carpet Nats and you are already can't wait until next year's event. It is hard to get excited for next year's race when you don't know where or when it will be.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #195
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+1

I would have given this race serious thought, as it is not as far from me as others. Right now it only gets passing thoughts. I was at the IIC.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote