R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-17-2003, 08:55 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Corally 4.1 VS Xray T1R Racer

ok guys i am in the market for a new or userd car and i whould like some info on your guys help
well i am tossing up between two cars
fisrt one is the Xray T1R Racer
and the 2nd one is the corally 4.1
so which do you think be much better hanlding and speed out them two if you could me know that be great
TheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Hmmm

Both are fantastic cars. Corally cars are great, have good support and are relatively easy to setup. However, their parts support at LHS's are not the best in my region, but Xrayts are....The T1R is a great car, but if you are planning to spend $200-250, look into getting a used EVO2

It is really up to if your lodcal region supports it, or if you are willing to spend a few bucks for spare parts to stockpile, the corally is a nice choice.
dynamic_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Yep, good local support is the main issue.

If I have understood this correctly, then the Corally is second hand and the Raycer is brand new?

From my experience, cars wear out relative fast. So depending how well the Corally is maintained (that is, BB changed when needed, same goes for all moving parts in the steering and suspension, not to mention the CVD's), the Corally might turn out to be a very expensive way to go.

If you choose the used car, check it out very carefully.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #4
Tech Addict

both are brade new
i dont know which to go for i be getting in to some series racing next year most likey stock i like to know which whould be better doing so
Old 09-18-2003, 07:52 PM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I'd say go for the C4.1, the specs are almost equal to the Evo2 and my C4AG is great on the track so I'm sure the C4.1 is even better. *But* don't pay too much(NIB the C4.1 should be almost the same as the T1R if not cheaper), and if you think your going to re-sell it any time soon then forget Corally, the cars (C4 era) are great quality and awsome on the track but they drop in value very quickly. If you get the C4.1 you'll need to fix something, the mid one-way will slip after a while. (the fix is at corallyusa.com) Getting to the diff's isn't a walk in the park, you'll have to reassemble each end of the car to get at the diff's. Not really a problem though if your doing routine maintance as you should be when racing. I can't speak for the T1R, I've never driven it.

Pieces I've broken on my C4, a shock shaft and a turnbuckle. That's it. I also replaced the rear hinge pins with Xray units because the stock pins were way too soft.

Cole Trickle - You got it a whole in one, I bought my C4 used and got lucky although it had some minor problems. Cvd play can be sorted on the C4 with 1/2 retaining ring internals(to replace the crappy clip) and thin rings made from lexan(sanded down) to take up the play on the inside of the hubs. The play is reduced radically and everything is still bind free. Suspension is easily fixed with sanding and shimming except the pins which should be replaced.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 08:52 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I wouldn't get a C4.1 unless it is a fair bit cheaper because it is an older design which has now been superceded by the Assassin. So unless you can pick one up really cheap go for the Xray.
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
Tech Addict

well if i want to go to big racers next year you just say spend a bit more get a xray evo 2 well whats the difftein between evo2 and the freedom of choices
could any one help me out
Old 09-19-2003, 09:59 AM   #8
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

If you can save up and get an Evo2 then do that.

The Freedom of choice edition lets you choose whether you want to use pivotballs or c-hub suspension. I believe the straight Evo2 uses pillow balls. No sweat there not that hard to setup.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:04 PM   #9
Tech Addict

well i migth get the evo 2 then