Wiki Posts
Search

fastest 10.5 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default fastest 10.5 motor?

I figured I'd ask in here as you guys would probably know better than the off-road guys. I am wondering what is generally regarded as teh fastest or what can be geared to be the fastest 10.5 motor? I know at my track the NOvak 10.5 is quite quick, but I have a feeling there are faster 10.5s out there.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

The Orion motors are very fast.... I ran there motors long before I ran for them. they can be geared way high, They run really cool
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I appreciate the input, but the Orion motors are some of the softest, slowest brushless motors I am aware of. Even geared high, they still don't compare. I am specifically talking about 10.5, I don't know how the lower turn Orions compare.

Speedpassion? Trinity? Losi? How are these?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d16dcoe45
I appreciate the input, but the Orion motors are some of the softest, slowest brushless motors I am aware of. Even geared high, they still don't compare. I am specifically talking about 10.5, I don't know how the lower turn Orions compare.

Speedpassion? Trinity? Losi? How are these?
speed passion is good but needs to be geared right to get the best out of them! novak runs very cool and don't need a lot of gearing to be fast and i beleive the duo would be quite good as well! i'm about to get one
Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by decibels
speed passion is good but needs to be geared right to get the best out of them! novak runs very cool and don't need a lot of gearing to be fast and i beleive the duo would be quite good as well! i'm about to get one
Do you know how the DUO and DUO 2 are different. From what I am hearing the DUO is the winning ticket, but from what I have seen in OZ nothing has the legs on a NOVAK.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

hey guys...

havve researched a lot of motors and i have found:

novak and lrp: gear to the moon (1st choice)
trinity: they like more than stock gearing but not to the moon (very fast)
orion: stock gearing, like stated above soft and smooth
speed passions: saw these at srs last year and was very impressed
tekin:similar to trinity

your best bet is to find what you like, a rule of thumb however, there is a reason a majority of guys are running a specific piece of equipment.

if i were to spend the money (and i have) the novak is the best bet for power, reliability, and overall bang for buck.

John
Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

I don't think any one of the motors exceptionally faster than the others.
I have run Novak, and now running a Tekin.
The Tekin with RS Pro for on road, keep the speedy timing down and play with the motor timing and gearing and you will have a rocket. Too much speed control timing will mean big temps and no top end.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

I have the:
Speedpassion
LRP X11
Tekin Redline.

I don't like the Speedpassion. 1 time to hot and your motor is gone. Also the slowest motor that I have or I must gear it heavy with the risk to burn it.
The LRP is fast. One reliable motor that can handle the temps and keeps running.
The Tekin is very fast. Fastest motor I have. It was hard to find a good setup for it but now I have one and it flies. Motor stays cool and great infield and top speed.

I use a Tekin RS Pro with V199.
I love the Tekin combo. Best combo I have.
I'm now geared at 6,87FDR but i'm going to try 6,3FDR. Lower the boost and see what happens with my lap times. It field that it was faster but I didn't check the lap times.