R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   rubber tire cleaner (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/243734-rubber-tire-cleaner.html)

forrestboy 09-22-2008 08:03 PM

rubber tire cleaner

what do you all use to clean your rubber tires i have been using the trinity cleaner but wondering what else is out there trinity it getting hard to get.

thanks

Foxxrocket 09-22-2008 08:42 PM

Simple Green. It cleans, and makes the tires extra sticky.

Trips 09-22-2008 09:15 PM

If it's just to clean the residue off between runs I use lighter fluid. If I'm putting them away for a while I'll clean them off with Tascam rubber conditioner and cleaner. You won't find it in a hobby shop, it's something you'll get at as place that sells recording equipment for home studio/professional use. It's really amazing stuff... but stinks like hell (anyone that hates the smell of Paragon would LOVE Paragon after a whiff of Tascam)

It's been very effective for me on tires (rubber OR foam) that have been sitting around long enough to feel dried out and crusty... brings em right back to life.

David

mdttb 09-22-2008 09:23 PM

I've been using Goof Off works pretty good

94eg! 09-22-2008 09:27 PM

Simple Green & water mix. Tires are so sticky you cannot get them back into a ziplock baggie...

monkeyracing 09-22-2008 11:34 PM

Simple Green, Mean Green, Mr. Green...they're all good. I use them on my crawler tires, too, and it makes them stick to the rocks like nothing else can.

convikt 09-23-2008 12:49 AM

Believe it or not---WD40

Works AwEsOmE:nod:

Clean out an old traction compound bottle, with applicator. Apply like tc, and let sit for a few minutes and wipe off with a rag.......

Sounds crazy, but give it a try, and bet it becomes a part of your pre-race ritual:sneaky:

RC MARKET 09-23-2008 12:55 AM

Yokomo YTC
or
Brake disc cleaner

Aid1970 09-24-2008 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by convikt (Post 4867060)
Believe it or not---WD40

Works AwEsOmE:nod:

Clean out an old traction compound bottle, with applicator. Apply like tc, and let sit for a few minutes and wipe off with a rag.......

Sounds crazy, but give it a try, and bet it becomes a part of your pre-race ritual:sneaky:

I Second That Awesome:nod:

iceman76 09-24-2008 09:06 AM

Are you guys cleaning the tires with the Simple Green or are u spraying it on then cleaning it off after 10-15 mins.

ercwhtsd 09-24-2008 09:19 AM

Hurricane Motorsports "Whip Grip" works very well, in high bite situations I have used it without "sauce".

94eg! 09-24-2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by iceman76 (Post 4872211)
Are you guys cleaning the tires with the Simple Green or are u spraying it on then cleaning it off after 10-15 mins.

- Clean tire with simple-green/water mix and towel (dries instantly)
- Apply traction compound
- Let sit for desired amount of time
- Scrub traction compound off with towel
- Clean again with simple-green/water mix
- Race

Traction compound is greasy, so cleaning it off the rubber before a run helps with first couple laps (on asphault in stock sedan anyways :blush:).

iceman76 09-24-2008 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 94eg! (Post 4872553)
- Clean tire with simple-green/water mix and towel (dries instantly)
- Apply traction compound
- Let sit for desired amount of time
- Scrub traction compound off with towel
- Clean again with simple-green/water mix
- Race

Traction compound is greasy, so cleaning it off the rubber before a run helps with first couple laps (on asphault in stock sedan anyways :blush:).

Thanks im useing motor spray now works good after every run spray on a towel and scrub the tire till they are clean

dsm 09-24-2008 04:47 PM

This is a little off subject. i use motor spray to clean tires, is motor spray the same as contact & circuit board cleaner?

SammyZ 09-24-2008 05:16 PM

my opinion is motor spray is the same as brake parts cleaner