Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ASPHALT or OZITE for and indoor track??? >

ASPHALT or OZITE for and indoor track???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

just want to know what everyone thinks about this.....seems we got some differences in opinions in my local area about it......this is a huge forum and i would like everyones opinion!!
asphalt vs ozite for an indoor track surface......nitro cars are out of the question not enough room and no venting or fans...
what do YOU think??
Old 08-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

carpet
Old 08-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Carpet,

Lots of traction....then the next question is foam or rubber?

Foams...
Old 08-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Ozite?

I do prefer running on asphalt (in or out), haven't run on Ozite before or heard of it.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

nope no other questions just the one.....i know foams the way to go no question!!! thanks for the replys guys!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

danjoy.....
ozite is a very low pile anti static.....very tractionable carpet sold as a specialty by crc (calandra racing concepts) designed for rc racing
there are other forms of ozite but the quality and surface is not as good....crc is the way to go!!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Take your pick. You're fortunate to have a choice in the Windsor Area. Looks like Jeff Beaule is getting the Asphalt figured out. Looks like he has accepted the challenge of running on both. I wish I didn't live 2.5 Hours away, I would love to give the Asphalt a try.

My number one choice would be Carpet, but the Asphalt is an interesting challenge. There is serious talk of an Asphalt Indoor Track opening in Toronto as well.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rick your not planning to put in asphalt in at KRCR now are you? lol

But really I like both althogh carpet provides better traction asphalt is harder to find a good set up on but that can sometimes be fun.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

no no asphalt at krcr..........no way the carpets already here...i just heard a few things that made me wonder i just wanted to see if i was crazy or not .....i dont mind either but i prefer carpet as most of the large events in our area are ozite based...asphalt and a softer suspension setup interests me but i want to keep everything consistant anyway.....man you guys are quick!!!!!.....so keep the comments coming......
Old 08-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

endler - I've heard the exact opposite, that crc ozite is garbage and that there is much better stuff on the market.

Indoor asphult lasts a long time and is a load of fun on foam tires, but tire wear is higher. Ozite is less abusive on tires and provides awsome grip but it will wear out after a few years. I prefer ozite because you never have to try and find grip.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by endler
danjoy.....
ozite is a very low pile anti static.....very tractionable carpet sold as a specialty by crc (calandra racing concepts) designed for rc racing
there are other forms of ozite but the quality and surface is not as good....crc is the way to go!!
Saw a woman the other day at Wallmart with a roll of Ozite carpet at customer service. Curious if it is really like the stuff CRC sells. Bet its for refinishing pool tables.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

crc no good??? well i think we can say we are consistant with everyone else in the area anyway as far as carpet.....BUT i would like to know the carpet that you speak of? that interests me for sure!! thanks for the info fattdoggy thats what im lookin for!!
Old 08-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

isn't asphalt indoor against fire code? Maybe in Canada they don't have a law against it. Can you get a steamroller in throught the door?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

ahhh im not to sure about that tom...but all i know is its been done before....see ya at the roar sedan nats
Old 08-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

endler - I did a search. On the most part alot of people say that the CRC carpet is good but I guess the post in the below link stuck out in my memory. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the post by "51". If you use the search function on the top of the page you'll find some helpful info.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ighlight=ozite

My local track uses DuPont carpet and it has great grip. www.rctrack.com I also think trackside uses DuPont. www.trackside.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.