R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
The fact of the matter is that way too much emphasis is placed on these motors and not enough on the indivdual driving the car. When you are driving your car through the boards it really doesn't matter how fast you motor is right..

So please stop spending time trying to seek out the fastest motor and spend some quality time at the track driving and setting you car up properly and you may be surprized how "fast" your motor can be.

Yes, I have watched a couple of you drive.

Travis
You're dead nutz on that but if you haven't been to Seattle Indoor Raceway, you don't have a clue

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:29 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_c View Post
hay guys has anyone compared an orion 17.5 to an lrp 17.5?

cheers

Ryan Clark
I just recently aquired an LRP and yes it is awesome!
but really the set up on your 12th scale is more important
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
The fact of the matter is that way too much emphasis is placed on these motors and not enough on the indivdual driving the car. When you are driving your car through the boards it really doesn't matter how fast you motor is right..

So please stop spending time trying to seek out the fastest motor and spend some quality time at the track driving and setting you car up properly and you may be surprized how "fast" your motor can be.

Yes, I have watched a couple of you drive.

Travis
Exactly!! Just buy any old crappy motor you can get your hands on. See that way when your skills improve and you stop hitting things, then you can purchase a whole new motor so you can keep up with the other guys who aren't hitting things!!! Makes perfect sense. You really wanna spend that extra $80 later right?

Posts like the one quoted are completely retarded. Nothing was added to the discussion within the thread. Noone wants to buy more motors than they need to. A little research never hurt anyone, but it can save you some coin, allowing you to spend more money on practice time at the track. I don't understand why simple product research threads always have to be polluted with someone spouting crap about others' driving.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
I don't understand why simple product research threads always have to be polluted with someone spouting crap about others' driving.
I totally agree with you there.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default motors

I wonder if Travis has even been to a big race? Usually the A main is all good drivers. Horsepower in stock classes definetly win races!! Considering brushless motors are not cheap i would say do all your research and ask questions to find the motor you think is best for you. Good driving only takes you so far in stock class. Unless you race with a bunch of people who cant get around a track.
nazman01 is offline   Reply With Quote