R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-12-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade
Default GM TC4 International Pro 2 Racing forum

I am very excited, becasue within about 2 weeks I will be receiving a GM International Pro 2. I have wanted one for a very long time, and now i could finally get my hands onto one. I wanted the car becasue I have never heard of anyone having the gm car and wanted to be very different.
The gm look's very similar to the OFNA OB-4 International also.

I hope that we can keep this forum alive, and post about the TC4 any comments or opinions, and even about the ob-4 becasue they look so fumiliar, and just any questions or anything.

Thanks very much!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:28 AM   #2
Tech Master

What are everyones thoughts on the Medial Pro touring car tires.....I am thinking about getting a couple or pairs becasue i dont understand how to match tires with inserts. or atleast some take-off 27's the ones that are already made with inserts.

Any thoughts on the medial's... will there be a big difference between a 24mm tire and a 26mm tire???

thanks
Old 09-13-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the GM IS an ofna car,made in taiwan(shh)
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:40 PM   #4
Tech Master

The way i understud it was that the GM was the european version of the ofna, and it is news to me that it is made in taiwan....come on guys, anyone driven or had(or still have) this car???
Old 09-14-2003, 06:02 PM   #5
Tech Regular

I have had 1.. sorry to say, but it was the worst car i have ever driven!! (i think that everyone that has driven one will say the same, and thats why you dont see any GM cars on the track) did try alot of setups (from teamdrivers etc) but i always ended up 0.5-1sec per lap slower than with my TC3! so i sold it quite fast..this was racing on carpet with rubber tires.

Ralf Helbing, the guy who makes the GM speedos races a Losi XXX-S instead of the GM cars, i think that says it all...

Go with the X Ray Evo2 instead, you wont be sorry
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 06:54 PM   #6
Tech Master

why was it the worst car you had every driven????
Mine is shipping out tomorrow...and i cant wait till it is here!!
Old 09-15-2003, 04:21 AM   #7
Tech Regular

It was impossible to get a good balance.. good steering and no rear traction or the opposite, it may be that the motor is placed to far back in the car, i know that on their latest touring car, Street Hero the motor is placed more forward in the car, and that car is much faster than the TC4

Are you going to bash or race with the car? indoor or outdoor?
Old 09-15-2003, 03:27 PM   #8
Tech Master

I am planing on racing, and it will be indoor.... to get more rear traction, couldnt you just switch to softer tires, take out a swaybar if there is any, switch to lighter springs or shock fluid.... and to get more steering, mabe some toe out, softer front tires, idk if softer spirngs or fluid would do it, but there are ways to counter things.

Thanks for your input
Old 09-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Juho Levanen raced a GM tc4 2 years ago and never got it to work right. He then switched back to the TC3 and the rest is history. A good working suspension is ten times more important than fancy looking carbonplates and aluminiumparts.
Mr_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #10
Tech Regular

So..conclusion: Dont buy the TC4, you will be sorry! Get a car that have a good history, i suggest that you look into the Xray and the TC3
Old 09-15-2003, 05:43 PM   #11
Tech Master

with all do respect, I still want to get the GM, I dont care how hard it is to set up, or dont care if everyone bashes it; the reason i am getting it is becasue I want something different, not something that i could see 10 times on race day... I also want a challenge...i mean i think it is fun to actually work on trying to make my cars well set up, not saying you guys arent good at setting up cars.

Mr_Orange: I am not getting it for the fancy stuff...it has carbon fiber and aluminum for light weight, so they arent just for fancy looks....it also comes with pivot ball suspention, threaded shocks, CVD's, a One way, so the hopups are for actual performance(not saying they dont look good either) I have wanted one for years, and now i can get one, and for a pretty cheap price at that.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:30 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Switchblade.I guess you dont understand what me and the other guys might be saying.The car is a BAD DESIGN period.I love setting up cars and making them work.But whats the use of spending days,hours,minutes and seconds on a car and think it's JUST right and take it to the track to get WHOOPed by those cars that you see a TON of.That is the part of reality that sucks.
I had this same problem with some of the older Kyosho cars and the Ofna brand cars.
There is a Reason this car doesnt have much following it's due to the NIGHTMARES others have had with it.
I wish you luck and respect you want something different.But sometimes theres a REASON to stay away.
Goodluck ole friend and enjoy the hobby.But I think you will end up with bragging rights on a car that simply DOESNT WORK.
Les
Old 09-15-2003, 06:54 PM   #13
Tech Master

I undersatand what everyone is saying, but the thing is that i dont really care if the car isnt the greatest of design or anything....I feel that if i have the car that i want, then i would be happy....like i have heard before, being happy with what you got, and having fun is the most important thing.... i think that everyone has made their point about the car being of bad design, so could we please drop the subject and talk about some other stuff, like is there a big differance; performance wise between 24 and 26 mm tires?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 07:36 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Well see the problem here isnt that we DONT want you to have fun man we do.IT's a hobby and I hope everyone is happy.But we are mainly competitve type guys and just saying that being competitive with that car isnt possible.It's just not consistant in it's driving.
Are you running on Carpet or Asphalt?
Old 09-15-2003, 07:48 PM   #15
Tech Master

Carpet....are you familiar with trackside....becasue that is where im going to start racing.... Ill start in the sportsman with a monster and a 1500 pack, and will hope to move up to mod with some 3300's by christmas....what ill do is just have a great time and try and be as competitive as my skills and as my car allow....
Thanks everyone