R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2004, 11:56 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

if u ran a tc3, losi or xray.. u would have a good shot at being decent in mod alot quicker then the current choice of cars,,,,

a good working car will enhance your driving ability 10 fold... if u have a car that doesnt work as well u will get used to driving it that way.. then when u get a car with a good setup.. u will beback to square one... a good handling car is in a way hard to drive, but it is faster...

alot of fast guys say.. if the car is easy to drive its slow...LOL being on the edge is what it is all about...
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 12:40 AM   #62
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

very true, my losi when i was running it was always on edge, its that fine line of know how to drive it and not knowing how... i recently got a pro4 and i havent yet found that sweet spot that my losi had

lazy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:11 AM   #63
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I'm sure he would be able to get his car hooked up if enough time went into tuning it. I'm running a C4 ag, I doubt anybody else in the US is racing with the car. After a few months tuning it on carpet it is friggin awsome. I understand why he bought the car, I bought the c4 becuase I liked it, no other reason. Imo you can get any car on the market to be fast, it just takes time, effort and driver ability...

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
if u have a car that doesnt work as well u will get used to driving it that way.. then when u get a car with a good setup.. u will beback to square one... a good handling car is in a way hard to drive, but it is faster...

alot of fast guys say.. if the car is easy to drive its slow...LOL being on the edge is what it is all about...
If you get used to driving a car that handles like crap(which your able to be fast with it) and you move to a car that handles great it makes driving alot less driver intensive, that's it. Kind of like switching from 1/12th mod to stock TC. A fast TC doesn't have to be insanely difficult to drive, sure it shouldn't be a easy but it comes down to what the driver can handle.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 06-20-2004 at 03:21 AM.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 11:13 AM   #64
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

Okay, then what would you guys say if I got an HPI Pro 3? Becasue for one: I have little money as it is, so you must understand that I go for what looks like good deals. At the time, i payed 133 for my GM, and It was a good deal. I cant afford to get a TC3, or XXXs becasue people hop them up so much that it brings the price up so much that it is out of my reach. If I could have gotten one of those cars a lot cheaper, I would have gone for them, but I couldnt find a cheap tc3 or xxxs. So what do yu think of the pro 3??Or is someone going to say, "no dont go for that, there is already a Pro 4, and you could get a TC3, or XXXs, or Tamiya whatever"??
Old 06-20-2004, 11:46 AM   #65

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

A brand new tc3 racer kit is competitive out of the box. It only costs 150 bucks, thats only 15 dollars more than your GM, and there are parts everywhere for it.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:54 AM   #66
Tech Master

I feel that the GM is more competitive than a stock TC3. It isnt the car itself that is a problem, it is just the fact that parts are hard to come by.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #67
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

sry to get off topic but why does it say in the sig. for racing setup: HPI car??? i thought it was that GM car?

lazy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 12:08 PM   #68
Tech Master

im actually deciding on getting an HPI car, idk
Old 06-20-2004, 12:15 PM   #69
Tech Master

You see, I dont have a job, except for working around the house and for my aunt and uncle(but when i do work for them, they pay awsome)...so I am looking into buying a new car, and once I get a job, I can go back to my TC4, and buy everypart so I could have a second TC4. I could also go for an OB4, becasue there are a few on here, and then Ill just have all of the parts from it...how does that sound?
Old 06-20-2004, 02:59 PM   #70
Tech Master

Exclamation

Was TC4 already released?! When ?? How much did you get $$$$ for your TC4 kit/chassis?.. What motor are you using?..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:12 PM   #71
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Out of the box the pro 3 was a bit sucky though, im pretty sure that a TC3 racer would be an equal or better than the TC4 with good LHS support and other racers to lynch setups off
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:21 PM   #72
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

check around the treack.. i have seen many tc3 team or factory team kits in mint shape sell for around 100 bucks used... if u ask around and buy from someone who takes care of there stuff , a used car is the way to go...

i have raced for 17 years.. i have bought 3 new cars in that time.. i always buy mint used kits.. i have never had a problem being competitive either..

PS the pro 3 is not a good choice.. u can get a good deal cause they are hard to sell... the pro 4 is out because it is better...the pro 3 has lots of chassis twist... i havent seen many guys do well with it.. but they are rocking on the pro 4...
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:39 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to losixxx
Default .

Last edited by losixxx; 07-10-2004 at 02:31 PM.
losixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:57 PM   #74
Tech Master

I didnt think the pro 3 was that bad, and where have you seen tc3s going for around 100 dollars? I have never seen any for that cheep, but mabe it has happened
Old 06-20-2004, 08:00 PM   #75
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
Was TC4 already released?! When ?? How much did you get $$$$ for your TC4 kit/chassis?.. What motor are you using?..
The TC 4 has been out for a little while, im not sure exactly when though. I spent 133 on it with dual one ways, aluminum bulk heads(mabe not so nessesary but they look cool), a set of extra front and rear suspension arms, and extra graphite chassis
Im running a team 1 moster stock pro, hurricane 3300's