R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default TC + Rubber Tires + Carpet equals?

Im not sure if this has been asked or not but what TC works the best on carpet with rubber tires? Im not looking for opinions based on results from big races and what the factory guys have done at these races. What im looking for is the opinion of the average racer that club races every week or at least a few times a month.
Since I am looking for the opinion of the average Joe local club racer I would assume that most are running either 10.5, 13.5 or 17.5 BL motors and most likely LIPO.

Nick
NickPapageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

=no fun

P.S. nickpapageorgio from yuma az thats cool, you been watching national lampoons vegas vacation huh? lol
Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPapageorgio View Post
Im not sure if this has been asked or not but what TC works the best on carpet with rubber tires? Im not looking for opinions based on results from big races and what the factory guys have done at these races. What im looking for is the opinion of the average racer that club races every week or at least a few times a month.
Since I am looking for the opinion of the average Joe local club racer I would assume that most are running either 10.5, 13.5 or 17.5 BL motors and most likely LIPO.

Nick
The Tamiya 416, Hot Bodies Cyclone TC, Schumacher Mi3.5, Xray T2 08 are the best rubber cars. These are the no brainers to setup so they can win on any day. Other cars can be fast too but they are not as easy to get fast for casual racers that are not really sharp at setting cars up.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Go Losi.. Great pricing on parts, Great handling car. Probally among the top 3 on any surface. Losi,X ray and Associated been the top 3 cars to beat.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

***edit: sorry I didn't read the question correctly...

Last edited by 94eg!; 09-17-2008 at 01:51 PM.
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Rubber on carpet is fun! If you want locals to get into it they need to buy cheaper cars like the TAO5. Tamiya seems to be the best starter for this racing, keep it simple and they will have fun. Most racers that say rubber sucks don't like working on setup so they run foam, to easy to drive and requires no talent Just kidding some talent. Rubber tire racing can be easy and is cheaper because you don't have to buy tires all the time.

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

For local racing I would have the slow guys use 17.5 and the faster guys run 13.5.

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote