R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2005, 04:51 AM   #1036
Tech Fanatic
 
utieh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: paris
Posts: 941
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

release date is February 18th
It has a lot of common parts with the TB EVO III
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:46 AM   #1037
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,547
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall
Default Re: Is the TB02 Competitive ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Phenochilus
I'm just wondering if it is worthwhile spending money hopping this chassis up with tb evo 3 parts or should I just get one of those more 'expensive' chassis.

If you own a tb02, do you regularly beat other drivers of xrays, tc3's and hpi pros ?

I just get the impression that the drivers of the other more expensive chassis frown upon the tamiya tb02 and look at it as more of an entry level chassis.

Your experiences ?
I can consistantly beat x rays, tc3s, etc... on a weekly basis, but the question is, if I had say an EVO IV would I be even faster? Probably, but I honestly like the challenge, plus its fun when somebody comes to your pit to check out your car cause it's fast and they get a big eye full of Tamiya TB 02.

My only real bitch about the car is chassis flex, I would never run this car with foams on a high traction surface it would be too unpredictable. I run on asphalt with rubber tires so I don't think the flexy chassis is that big of an issue.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:13 PM   #1038
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 124
Default Re: Re: Is the TB02 Competitive ?

Quote:
Originally posted by GroffBall
I can consistantly beat x rays, tc3s, etc... on a weekly basis, but the question is, if I had say an EVO IV would I be even faster? Probably, but I honestly like the challenge, plus its fun when somebody comes to your pit to check out your car cause it's fast and they get a big eye full of Tamiya TB 02.

My only real bitch about the car is chassis flex, I would never run this car with foams on a high traction surface it would be too unpredictable. I run on asphalt with rubber tires so I don't think the flexy chassis is that big of an issue.
Thanks for the replies.

I will hop up my tb02 with evo iii and tb02 parts.

I've heard a lot about people complaining about the chassis flex of the tub. Does the SSG centre plate make much difference, or is it just more dead weight because there's like 6 extra screws ?

I'm wondering if those carbon/graphite braces on the tb02r really make that much difference to the chassis flex.
Phenochilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:31 PM   #1039
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

I am such a newb in sme ways-but i am wndering if one-ways on carpet with rubber tires is still the fastest-or will very tight front dff be as fast? I am talking TCS legal here so no spools.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:38 PM   #1040
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Front one way and rubber tires is almost ALWAYS the fastest on carpet with rubber tires. Easier to drive in my opinion too.

-Korey
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:42 PM   #1041
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sushi Boy
Front one way and rubber tires is almost ALWAYS the fastest on carpet with rubber tires. Easier to drive in my opinion too.

-Korey
YOu da man again-thanks-in goes the one-way. In stock-it shoudnt be too hairy to drive anyways.

I am still tossing around if I want to rebuild the evoIIISL back into a TB02 for GT2 class or go for it in GT1. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #1042
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,547
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall
Default Re: Re: Re: Is the TB02 Competitive ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Phenochilus
Thanks for the replies.

I will hop up my tb02 with evo iii and tb02 parts.

I've heard a lot about people complaining about the chassis flex of the tub. Does the SSG centre plate make much difference, or is it just more dead weight because there's like 6 extra screws ?

I'm wondering if those carbon/graphite braces on the tb02r really make that much difference to the chassis flex.
The SSG plate I don't think can make a huge difference, but I'm sure it makes some, I run it.

I can't imagine those carbon braces making a huge difference, b/c the chassis isn't flexing there to begin with, its flexing in the middle. They do look sexy though! My car is a TB02R and then some except for those braces. I like it, but again I'd never run it on carpet with foams, you could never get it set up b/c it would flex too much. I'm probably gonna keep running my TB02 the rest of the winter and pick up a new car for next year, I like the car, but not that much.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #1043
Tech Adept
 
Myker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bay Farm Island
Posts: 95
Send a message via AIM to Myker*
Default

What spur/pinion combo should i run on the tb02 with a binary2 and should i run oneway/diff?

OT: what inserts should be used with A tires with tamiya dishes?

thanks =]
__________________
Tamiya Racing Factory
Myker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #1044
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

is the "R" out yet?

Myker... really depends on your motor. binary2 (i assume your talking about the quad mag) motors are very picky with gearing. i say pick a safe ratio... do a few laps.. check the motor temp. if its too hot, gear down.. if its cool.. gear up. thats what i do.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #1045
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
Default

so your saying smoke a bad thing then?
pauley walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #1046
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
YOu da man again-thanks-in goes the one-way. In stock-it shoudnt be too hairy to drive anyways.

I am still tossing around if I want to rebuild the evoIIISL back into a TB02 for GT2 class or go for it in GT1. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!
so do you think a TB02 could be competitive in GT1?
pauley walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #1047
Tech Champion
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default GT 1

A TB-02 can be competetive in GT 1 in the right hands.
Kevin M. won GT 1 at last years Burien TCS, also the Vancuver Can. GT1 with his TB-02.
At the Tamiya Nats. running in GT2 with a silver can motor, really a GT3,He turned one or more lap times that would have put him in the GT1 A main!!!
But then again, thats the driver!
I did beat him in GT3 at Burien a few times this year, probably let me beat him
My son did spank him last Sun in GT3
Fred
__________________
Bacon is Meat Candy
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #1048
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pauley walnuts
so do you think a TB02 could be competitive in GT1?
Well_ I change my mind faster than Masami can drive-but I plan on running my TB02 in GT2 now. I dont doubt I would be faster in GT1 with a evoIII, IV or 415 than I wouod be with a TB02. Also-I never run on rubber tires-so going into the TCS race knowing I have equal chassis to everyone else entered is a very good thing. One less excuse!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:28 PM   #1049
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, Kevins car was dialed at regionals, he whooped my behind and I was running a Evo III SL. lol

-Korey
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:28 PM   #1050
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Well_ I change my mind faster than Masami can drive-but I plan on running my TB02 in GT2 now. I dont doubt I would be faster in GT1 with a evoIII, IV or 415 than I wouod be with a TB02. Also-I never run on rubber tires-so going into the TCS race knowing I have equal chassis to everyone else entered is a very good thing. One less excuse!!

Ray
ray sent you a PM.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net