R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #1021
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
If I've seen correctly, doesn't the R still come with dual diffs, plastic upper link mounts, and no delrin diff halves?
probably. if its not listed on the "new parts".

good thing i have an extra evoIII blue conversion kit.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #1022
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
probably. if its not listed on the "new parts".

good thing i have an extra evoIII blue conversion kit.
ok Chris what don't you have when it comes to "extras"
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #1023
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by madjack
ok Chris what don't you have when it comes to "extras"
actually.. now that you mention it. i need some shocks for my TA04. poor thing got stripped of electronics, bearings and shocks. its just sitting there begging for some love. :LOL:

btw.. did u get my PM?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #1024
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
actually.. now that you mention it. i need some shocks for my TA04. poor thing got stripped of electronics, bearings and shocks. its just sitting there begging for some love. :LOL:

btw.. did u get my PM?
my 04 has become an Enduro car

did get the PM thanks, that helps. I also sent one your direction with contact info.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:54 PM   #1025
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am considering getting a TB-02 has a reliable car for my girlfriend to race. I belive it has compareable suspension to my 415 but is very similar to a EVO3. I would think that adding an alloy front diff gear would make the car failrly strong?

Any tips?
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:51 AM   #1026
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonfire
I am considering getting a TB-02 has a reliable car for my girlfriend to race. I belive it has compareable suspension to my 415 but is very similar to a EVO3. I would think that adding an alloy front diff gear would make the car failrly strong?

Any tips?
better off with a TT-01, TL-01 or an 04. they can take a beating better than the TB-02. the TB unfortunately inheritied the front way problems of the EvoIII albeit there are many solutions, in a hard hit, they will still get damaged/stripped. 04 might be your best bet.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #1027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

This may be a crazy suggestion... but the first TB (TB-01) is virtually indestructable. That was my wife's car when she still raced a few years back. And she didn't break anything on the car (she drives like a pingpong ball!). No guarantees... but compared to the TB-02, the first TB is much more forgiving. The TA04 would be my second choice (it breaks but at least spares are easily available).
Old 01-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #1028
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyan
This may be a crazy suggestion... but the first TB (TB-01) is virtually indestructable. That was my wife's car when she still raced a few years back. And she didn't break anything on the car (she drives like a pingpong ball!). No guarantees... but compared to the TB-02, the first TB is much more forgiving. The TA04 would be my second choice (it breaks but at least spares are easily available).
She did race that car for a while. I gave it to her when I moved on to the EVO3. What I want to know is with the alloy diff gear, how strong is the front end? I will prolly run dual gear diffs in this car if possible.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #1029
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, got a TB-02 a month ago and got a problem with the front right differential cup.
The diff cup break and caused the dogbone to pop out.
Anyone experience such problem? Or is there a longer dogbone I can use...
Acrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #1030
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Acrobat
Hi guys, got a TB-02 a month ago and got a problem with the front right differential cup.
The diff cup break and caused the dogbone to pop out.
Seems to be a pretty loose fit in a lot of these kits. My TL01LA chassis' dogbones just BARELY mesh in the cups on both sides. I'm reading that the cup that broke is on the chassis side and not the tire side of the link? That's usually the one that fits looser.

My TL01 had O-rings in the diff cups that you pressed in. Due to gravity IMO these would be better suited being placed in the wheel cup. If the TB-02 has these too (I don't see why it wouldn't), try switching them from the diff cup to the wheel cup, at least on the front end. It'll push the dogbone into the diff cup a little more. Or, ideally, have o-rings in both sides of the linkage. Make sure it still meshes correctly for the full travel of the suspension arm and, since it's a steering wheel, the travel of the steering linkage. Tamiya didn't design it this way, and there's usually a reason, but I can't forsee any practical problem.
Liko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:15 AM   #1031
Tech Adept

Default Is the TB02 Competitive ?

I'm just wondering if it is worthwhile spending money hopping this chassis up with tb evo 3 parts or should I just get one of those more 'expensive' chassis.

If you own a tb02, do you regularly beat other drivers of xrays, tc3's and hpi pros ?

I just get the impression that the drivers of the other more expensive chassis frown upon the tamiya tb02 and look at it as more of an entry level chassis.

Your experiences ?
Phenochilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:28 AM   #1032
Tech Initiate

Thanks for your suggestion, I would definately give that a try.

Seems like the dogbones are too short. . anyway, did try to put sponge inserts on the differential side to pust out the dogbones as those that comes with the kit are not long enough. It works for a while till the diff cup rip again. The "T" of the bone is about 5mm into the diff cup

Strange is that it only happens on the front right side.. .this is the 3rd diff cup I've changed. I gonna switch the 2 dogbones too.
Acrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:28 AM   #1033
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing
Default Re: Is the TB02 Competitive ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Phenochilus
I'm just wondering if it is worthwhile spending money hopping this chassis up with tb evo 3 parts or should I just get one of those more 'expensive' chassis.

If you own a tb02, do you regularly beat other drivers of xrays, tc3's and hpi pros ?

I just get the impression that the drivers of the other more expensive chassis frown upon the tamiya tb02 and look at it as more of an entry level chassis.

Your experiences ?
I regularly beat xrays and tc3's in stock and 540 class racing, if you are planning on running it in mod I'm not the guy to talk to

the TT01 would be more of an entry level chassis, although having said that it can be very competitive as well, we recintly had a guy win stock in a fully hopped up tt01
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:33 AM   #1034
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TB02-R

this picture is a little bit bigger:

TB-02R CHASSIS KIT
Overall length=374mm
Limited Edition R/C Series

Already fitted with racing performance tune-up parts, this special limited release TB-02R chassis further adds to the racing potential of Tamiya's popular TB-02 chassis. Suspension settings are improved with lightweight reversible suspension, TRF dampers and front and rear stabilizers. For added weight loss without sacrificing durability, a carbon battery plate is used to hold battery firmly in place and a carbon brace reinforces front and rear gear covers.
*Body, R/C system, motor, pinion gear and battery not included.
Item 49348
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:36 AM   #1035
DC5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to DC5
Smile TB-02R

Where can I get the TB-02R in Malaysia? Can the TB-02 use TB EVO part's ?
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote