R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2005, 02:40 AM   #886
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by crzydrifter
hey wassup everyone. im new to this forum but not new to rc. i was wondering if anyone knew the eaxct date to the releasee of the tb02r. i wana get a tb02 but i dont want to get it wen the tb02r comes out teh next day. u know wat i mean.

how much would it cost to hop-up a tb02 into a competitor? i see that teh conversion kit works for it too, how mcuh does dat cost?how many parts fit into the tb02? would a bl system be overkill for a stock tb02?

i have alot of questions because i dont kn o much about the tb02.
hey there. lets try to answer all your questions.

TB-02R - release date. Unknown as of now.

Hopup cost - about $220-$250 dollars (thats basically ALL the hopups). to make it competitive. id say universals all around. aluminum motor mount and chassis stiffner. next would be aluminum steering. the coversion kit varies in price. from $110 to $125. i unforunately was dumb enough to order one through steve and forgot that i had a bid on ebay (which i won! )

only the spur gear adapter, motor mount and steering cannot be used from the conversion kit.

if your gonna run brushless. use the 58T spur gear and gear it around 7.2

you'll need the tamiya pinions from 19-23. that should cover all your bases.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:43 AM   #887
Tech Lord

Default More Parts

i have more spares im gonna be selling if anyone is interested. PM me. (SS arms, MRS bodies, arms, hubs, steering knuckles, dogbones, etc.)
Old 01-07-2005, 02:45 AM   #888
Tech Adept

yeah! totally multicultural!!! haha

So...also thinking about TBevo3 with SS arms and MR-S body...
D-Drivesports
TRF_SPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:03 AM   #889
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF_SPAIN
yeah! totally multicultural!!! haha

So...also thinking about TBevo3 with SS arms and MR-S body...
not only mutlcultural... but worldwide!

how's spain alvaro?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #890
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Alrighty then-I got my mint TRF EvoIII/TB02 last night!!

I want an honest assesement if the car in TB02r-ish form can be expcected to run with Xrays and TC3, XXXS G+-you get the picture.

If the answer is no-then I have the Surikarn chassis to pop on it till the TCS race in April.

This will be on foam tires mind you.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #891
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Alrighty then-I got my mint TRF EvoIII/TB02 last night!!

I want an honest assesement if the car in TB02r-ish form can be expcected to run with Xrays and TC3, XXXS G+-you get the picture.

If the answer is no-then I have the Surikarn chassis to pop on it till the TCS race in April.

This will be on foam tires mind you.

Ray
Honestly I don't think a TB-02r-ish will run with Xrays and such cars. Too heavy and not enough gearing options like you would have with the Surikan chassis setup and motor mount. You might hold your own but still these cars are no Xray, EVO, 415 or any of the other top cars out their. Against other Tamiya cars with tub chassis's then they are right up their performance wise.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #892
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Honestly I don't think a TB-02r-ish will run with Xrays and such cars. Too heavy and not enough gearing options like you would have with the Surikan chassis setup and motor mount. You might hold your own but still these cars are no Xray, EVO, 415 or any of the other top cars out their. Against other Tamiya cars with tub chassis's then they are right up their performance wise.
Always honest info from you WYD-thanks!! I am far from the fastest guy at the track-so I need every advantage I can get!!! I guess I will be making this car a Surikarn edition tonight!!

Ray
Old 01-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #893
Tech Adept

Chris: going pretty well preparing the PN challenge MiniZ race of next weekend...letīs see how can i do it againt those crazy Miniz drivers LOL
D-Drivesports
TRF_SPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #894
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow thanks guys. i can actually buy the car without worry. u guys convinced me to buy this car. nwo do i wait for a tb02r or just get a tb02........
crzydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #895
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Always honest info from you WYD-thanks!! I am far from the fastest guy at the track-so I need every advantage I can get!!! I guess I will be making this car a Surikarn edition tonight!!

Ray
Thanks Ray I try. I assume you are just running this car to get ready for the TCS race if I'm correct? You still have your BMI Xray to run don't you?

You can always run your TB-02 just for practice or actually race it from time to time to see how your lap times are progressing. Or you could send it to me to run at out track!!!!!

On a serious note though the car is very competitive against other Tamiya Tub cars. It can even hold its own against better cars depending who is driving them. Nice thing the car has the same drivetrain setup as the Surikan. If you run diffs in the car you should not too many problems but once you get into a one way setup you will most of the problems the Surikan car has with stripping gears on hard front end hits and also with a little slop in the diff case causing the front ring gear to defect some and cause stripping.

I run two diffs in mine. One thing I found on setup that I liked is raising the roll center. I used Tamiya 1.5mm shims for the rear blocks and 2mm for the front blocks. The car with sway bars on drove much flatter in the corners and was easier to drive. Right now I have the 2 hole pistons with 50wt front and 40wt rear oils. I have the Tamiya Dark blue front springs and Tamiya Dark Yellow rear springs. Not sure if that will help you on carpet buts that what I run with my rubber tires on asphalt anyways.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #896
Tech Champion

Thanks!!! I sold my BMI FK so I wouldnt be able to run anything but the Tamiya cars!!! But I did NOT sell any of my spares-etc!!!

I had an evoIII when they first came out-know all about those issues!!

Also-Ive never owned a Tamiya sedan body before-man do they looks awesome!! So much detail!!

When I ran the evoIII on carpet-the one thing that really improved it was raising the front roll center for sure!!
Well-gotta break out the metric wrenches and tear this puppy completely apart!!

Ray
Old 01-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #897
wyd
Tech Legend

Well if you can get ahold of an EVO IV you can run carpet and still run Tamiya cars. It will with just a little work run 28mm foams and 26mm foams with only changing the 4mm hexes to 6mm hexes. The EVO IV is similiar to the TB-02 and probably enough to learn some stuff for the TB-02.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #898
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Well if you can get ahold of an EVO IV you can run carpet and still run Tamiya cars. It will with just a little work run 28mm foams and 26mm foams with only changing the 4mm hexes to 6mm hexes. The EVO IV is similiar to the TB-02 and probably enough to learn some stuff for the TB-02.
Dont tempt me!!

I also bought a f201 full option kit with prop shafts, counter gears and lt wt diffs!! I am done. I am now just looking for some more psares for this car and a spur gear adapter asap.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #899
wyd
Tech Legend

It is fun running Tamiya cars!!!!!! You get one and then you just have to get another and then another. I know I have the disease. I have a old Fox to restore, a decked out TA03 RS TRF, TNX, Terra Crusher, TB-02 and EVO IV. I'm also starting to get some XTM stuff to use for playing around. I have the XTM X-Cellerator now but in the future looking at a Mammoth and possibly the X-Terminator 1/8th scale buggy.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #900
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Check out these pics of my TB-02. Finally got my new digi cam working, appearentally there was a problem with the memory card. The car is totally stock, I'm getting the aluminum heat sink and something else, but I cant remember what it is, lol. I'm painting up a Enzo body and a HKS Altezza body for it right away to.

WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote