R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2004, 10:55 PM   #736
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyan
Man... how come nobody's asking for my setup...?!?
Don't worry eeyan, nobody asked for my setup either
Old 09-03-2004, 11:05 PM   #737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Ling, i would have asked, but i dont think that even if my car was perfect, i couldnt have gotten those lap times!!!!! you guys were machines!

i did use Fred's setup from the KO race, tho... minus the rear swaybar. the car drove pretty well - better than me, anyway!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:25 AM   #738
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to heftybone
Default Clarification...

Hello from Russia...

"and I did add the alloy rr 1 deg upright."

Does the "rr" mean "right rear"? And, if so, was the car imballanced? That's a pretty neat setup, if so...

I'm thinking of doing the European version of the TCS this year and thought the TB-02 would be a nice car to run in the GT-2 class.

hb
heftybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #739
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1

any of you guys convert it to off road rally car?
Old 09-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #740
Tech Fanatic

Yes, The Rr was referring to the Alloy rear 1 degree upright part number 53687.
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #741
Tech Elite

Kev,

How much does the short arm conversion shorten the wheel base by, and if I use the short arms, am I required to use the Sort arm bodies or can I lengthen the wheel base with the spacers and throw a standard body on?

Oh one last thing, have you tried moving your inner camber links to the towers and shiming them to keep them inline with the a-arms, the 5-10deg sweep I in the upper camber link just seems wrong, doesn't it change the caster as the suspension compresses?

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:15 AM   #742
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

the short wheelbase difference is 10mm.... you can alllmost get it the same, just not quite.

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 PM   #743
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mtveten
Kev,

How much does the short arm conversion shorten the wheel base by, and if I use the short arms, am I required to use the Sort arm bodies or can I lengthen the wheel base with the spacers and throw a standard body on?

Mark
Mark..if your TB-02 has a surikarn evoIII on it.. and then you put on the TA04-SS arms.. if you shim the arms so that its the longest wheelbase... then YES you can use the regular bodies (nsx, ferarri). ive tried it.. but never actually drove the car. ive always used the MRS body (because its so freaking cool! )

BUT that might be considered a loophole and be deemed illegal at TCS events. since if you are using the SS arms, you might be required to use an SS body (MRS, Audi TT). im NOT sure on that. and im not sure if the SS arms are tied to the two bodies mentioned above. really NOT sure.email fred and have him clarify for you.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:20 PM   #744
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only issue is that it binds the rear CVD pretty hard. Well not bind but puts an extreme angle on the CVD.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:09 AM   #745
Tech Regular

Default ESC for TB02

Hi I just built my TB02 all still stock parts.Would like u guys recon. which esc to buy.I had in mind LRP V7.1 and Quantum pro sport.Can u guys give me a commment on these two esc.I will race local at TCS.And what parts should I upgrade on my TB02 for race. Thanks...
faiunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #746
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1

7.1 is high end ESC no limit motor turn
and the Quantum pro sport is 7 turn limit.
More, they both eazy to set.

they Both good runing on stock motor + The Tb-02 is a great Tc car.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #747
Tech Lord

Default Re: ESC for TB02

Quote:
Originally posted by faiunie
Hi I just built my TB02 all still stock parts.Would like u guys recon. which esc to buy.I had in mind LRP V7.1 and Quantum pro sport.Can u guys give me a commment on these two esc.I will race local at TCS.And what parts should I upgrade on my TB02 for race. Thanks...
i suggest picking up the center chassis brace, universals, alum. motor mount and steering rack.

OR..buy an old EVOIII/EVOIIISE... those cars will directly fit onto the TB-02. pick up a lightweight shaft also.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #748
Tech Fanatic

ummm, geee, correct me if I'm wrong here, BUT if you bought an evo3 to upgrade the tb-02, wouldn't it just be better to put the diff into the evo3 and have a BETTER car? I mean the evo3 is SUpposED to be better chassis/car right? I want TB-02, but just to play around outside/park kinda thing...maybe to drift it, but if you have an Evo3, wouldn't it be better to race that?
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #749
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Aluma
ummm, geee, correct me if I'm wrong here, BUT if you bought an evo3 to upgrade the tb-02, wouldn't it just be better to put the diff into the evo3 and have a BETTER car? I mean the evo3 is SUpposED to be better chassis/car right? I want TB-02, but just to play around outside/park kinda thing...maybe to drift it, but if you have an Evo3, wouldn't it be better to race that?
aluma has a point... but i wasnt sure what application faiunie was going to use the car in. strictly bashing and drifting, the car is fine.. but if you want to use for TCS.. or want a "TUB" version of the evoIII then the hopups are necessary. plus evoIII's are cheap nowadays since the EvoIV is out.

bare minimum hopups you'd want for parking lot/club racing applications would be the center chassis brace, aluminum motor mount and maybe the alum. steering rack.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:24 PM   #750
Tech Regular

Default Blur newbie

Thanks guy for the infor. I just get my self LRP V7.1 look fast too at accleration compare to my S705 GP car look EP car more faster than GP.I am using an old Trinity Monster Horse power 1987 version motor hand over by a fren.Only problem I got is the brake I cant get it jam brake after a couple of adjustmnet follow in the manual.Looks like my ep car brake like in ABS mode gradually slow down.And what spur and pinion gear can I use to make my car go faster(presently I am using the stock gearing spur 58T and pinion 19T)What fast gear can my TB02 handle.Any recondmendation?What changes should I make for the gearing?
Thanks GUYS....
faiunie is offline   Reply With Quote