R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

the stock ones are metal shielded... if you flush the heavy grease out and relube like i did, they spin pretty free...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:18 PM   #662
Tech Rookie

Default TB-02 Bearings

Thats too bad. I would prefer that kits come with bushings and sell for $10 less than come with metal shielded bearings as I feel they are almost as much of a throw out item as bushings but add to the cost of the kit. It seems the kits from Japan are bad for that. I will probably buy a set of duratrax bearings for it as they are very nice with teflon seals and a good price.
seagullextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:26 PM   #663
Tech Elite

well, i dunno bout that. the metals may not last as long in dusty conditions, but they are super free spinning after you flush the grease out. i have been running the metals on my TRF cars for a loong time, and still free...

Team Novak
Old 07-02-2004, 05:36 PM   #664
Tech Rookie

I agree that when clean the shielded bearings spin very free but it doesn't matter if you race off road, on road or carpet shielded bearings will need to be cleaned after nearly every day of racing for top performance while the sealed teflon bearings can take a lot of running before needing attention. If you add up all the wasted motor spray and time disassembling and reassembling your car you will soon find you are best off to throw the shielded bearings in the garbage when first building the kit and purchasing sealed bearings, at least that is the case for me as I race seven different classes and maintenance time is very limited.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:37 PM   #665
Tech Rookie

Does the bearing problems exist in every single bearing or is it just the outer ones such as the wheel bearings?

-paK +2
Pakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:43 PM   #666
Tech Elite

well, everyone is entitled to the opinion... i have an Evo III i run most every weekend, often 2 classes, mostly asphalt type surface, but been on the rug 5 or 6 times. have cleaned the original bearings 3 times, including the first time.

i while i agree its a little more maintenance than some of the teflon/rubber types, but to be competitive in a stock motor class, its almost a must to get the free rolling...

Team Novak
Old 07-04-2004, 10:52 PM   #667
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman
RC Gary,
nope.. nothing mentioned.. (althought i did leave immediately after my main)

also... i did ask one of the 'tech inspectors' wether or not the TA04ss arms would be legal to run on my EVOIII... and the answer was 'YES'...
So TB02-SS is legal for the Nats?
Old 07-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #668
Tech Master

Hey,

Are the roll center mounts on the TB02 the same as the ones on the Evolution Surikarn Edition? I got the SE but somehow stripped out the hole I was using in the alluminum roll center plate.

I'm guessing the TB02 part is a helluva lot cheaper/easier to obtain by itself. Could someone help me out in finding it or the parts tree its on?

Thanks
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:28 AM   #669
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Hey,
Are the roll center mounts on the TB02 the same as the ones on the Evolution Surikarn Edition? I got the SE but somehow stripped out the hole I was using in the alluminum roll center plate.

I'm guessing the TB02 part is a helluva lot cheaper/easier to obtain by itself. Could someone help me out in finding it or the parts tree its on?

Thanks,
The TB-02 parts tree needed is the B-parts Parts no.51043.
This tree contains 2 upper mounts an plastic damper stays.

BTW i want to convert my TB-02 to Dual Deck EVO, I am not sure but will the steering arms of the 02 work on the evo(Not worried if the lengths are different as along as the linkage does not touch the shaft). What is the size of the bearing in the evo motor mount? Is the chassis with out the centre brace stiffer than the 02 Tub?

Sorry about all the Q's
Thanks
supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #670
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
So TB02-SS is legal for the Nats?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:24 PM   #671
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by supersonic
The TB-02 parts tree needed is the B-parts Parts no.51043.
This tree contains 2 upper mounts an plastic damper stays.

What is the size of the bearing in the evo motor mount?
Thanks

I belive the bearing (MR3) is a 6x12mm
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #672
Tech Rookie

Default TB-02 gearing ?

I'm racing my new TB-02 in the final TCS canadian qualifier this week end. I am going to race GT-1 and GT-2. The canadian rules are 19 turn for GT-1 and sport tuned for GT-2. I just finished the car and tried it out in front of my house with a 19 turn motor and the kit gearing of 19/58 and I was surprised to find the car under geared.. I would welcome some ball park gearing suggestions for the 19 turn and sport tuned motors. PS I am going to have to use the same spur gear as I am using the car for both classes and I will not have time to change the spur between heats.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

e-mail DSRBLTOYS on here and he can give you the gearing he ran at the Vancouver TCS 3 weeks ago. He ran the 02 in GT-1
Old 07-19-2004, 05:41 PM   #674
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a hint, I ran this car at the BC TCS regionals and one. I was geared at 24/55 with the quad mag reedy. That means its a 5.95 FDR. I also ran 24/52 = 5.63 for gt2 with the black can motor. I won both classes, so it shouldn't be that far off. The track was pretty long straight, and flowing infield. good luck
Kevin
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:11 PM   #675
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim_Gaukroger
... my TB02 has a terrible turning circle. Probably the worst out of all the cars I've driven before.

Is there anything I can do about this?
It's stock as a rock, other than having TakeOff 22's on it.
How tight are your diffs?

If they are very tight you will lose steering.

I run my diffs quite loose on the trackwork EvoIIIs, but my TB02 has 'em real tight for drift duty.
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote