Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-02

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I spoke to Fred about this just this past week. He needs to make a decision, but I will say this in fairness:

If they are allowed at the Newark TCS, they should be allowed the whole season. That way people don't qualify under 2 different sets of rules. Regardless, he needs to change the rules to reflect the decision, right or wrong.

BTW, I'm not even close to a celebrity. I am just a racer, and not a very good one at that. 3rd in the B-Main today
Old 01-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Or go for the 2 point conversion, that works too
Old 01-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Oh man....and I was gonna ask for an autograph !! I am SO disallusioned now !!
I'm no great driver either. Just a guy who invested a chunk of money into starting a club that relies heavily on TCS rules. This really should get resolved. It's hard enough getting people educated and excited about TCS racing. Any confusion about rules just makes it that much harder to get people involved.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

and I was gonna ask for an autograph !!
I'm sure Rod would give you one. Hey, can you get one for me too? LOL
Old 01-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

LOL.. It'll cost ya !! If you hear from Fred, could you PM and let me know the outcome. Club start-up has been keeping me offline for days at a time.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

k
Old 01-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

*yawn*...just tell 'em those people to make this one a rule. PERIOD.

End discussion!

Tamiya should remake the aluminum motor mount like the ones on TB01 just make it LIGHTER on TB02.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The funny thing is when I ask Fred about this being legal or not. I did not see it as a loophole but only because it was not common and Fred did not even hesitate when he said it was legal base on rule 5. Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for.

You will say it is not designed for TB02 or EVO 3... I see they share the same exact parts. It is not like you are borrowing a part made from something just because it works. The EVO 3's suspension design is base on the 414 experiment thus the TA04 thus the EVO 3 and now the TB02.
Are you guys saying if I buy a TA04SS kit. I can't put a standard TA04 arms jsut because it was not intended for the SS???? Please!!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

maybe we can rename this thread to a more logical "TCS legal or not" Thread...
Come on guys!!!! letīs start to make this thread useful for TB02 drivers!!! setups! tips! pictures! even with the SS arms! thatīs a setup advance, and if that could improve the overall performance of the car...WELCOME!!, guys you are discussing about the legality of a spare that you can buy for just a few bucks...letīs think...if itīs an advantage...just spend those few bucks...you put a blue conversion kit on your car and donīt have money to buy the SS arms...??? LOOOOOL
Thatīs just my opinion guys...sorry for the poor use of you language LOL, maybe i could study more at high school
Old 01-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRF_SPAIN
maybe we can rename this thread to a more logical "TCS legal or not" Thread...
Come on guys!!!! letīs start to make this thread useful for TB02 drivers!!! setups! tips! pictures! even with the SS arms! thatīs a setup advance, and if that could improve the overall performance of the car...WELCOME!!, guys you are discussing about the legality of a spare that you can buy for just a few bucks...letīs think...if itīs an advantage...just spend those few bucks...you put a blue conversion kit on your car and donīt have money to buy the SS arms...??? LOOOOOL
Thatīs just my opinion guys...sorry for the poor use of you language LOL, maybe i could study more at high school
Right on! I ran my TB02 again at Tamiya TA today and the steering was great. Still twitchy just like a TA04SS. I still could not hold off guys with TA04's.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

I didnīt test it yet, but i promise you that iīm gonna do it! , in my opinion the better performance will be achieved with the rear SS arms and a "normal" arm in front, because you sould improve the rear traction and still have more steering, did you tried that too?
Old 01-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRF_SPAIN
I didnīt test it yet, but i promise you that iīm gonna do it! , in my opinion the better performance will be achieved with the rear SS arms and a "normal" arm in front, because you sould improve the rear traction and still have more steering, did you tried that too?
Hmmm, I'll consider that and try when I get the chance.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

You will say it is not designed for TB02 or EVO 3... I see they share the same exact parts. It is not like you are borrowing a part made from something just because it works. The EVO 3's suspension design is base on the 414 experiment thus the TA04 thus the EVO 3 and now the TB02.Are you guys saying if I buy a TA04SS kit. I can't put a standard TA04 arms jsut because it was not intended for the SS???? Please!!!!
So again I ask, because they fit and because they were designed for the 04 and the 414, then torque rods should be legal on the Evo 3 by that exact same arguement! You are borrowing parts from a design because it works, why else should you have to shave the rear arms for the hub carriers to fit on the EVO??? The 04ss can uses the 04 arms...BECAUSE ITS AN 04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TB02ss

I have to ask: Are the SS arms really that much better on the car that it warrants such a heated discussion?

Gary, I figured out the binding problem, now she spins like a TC3. I still believe the torque rods should be left off, though, even on carpet, IMHO.

Izzy, have you ran the TB02 with the standard rear arms? If so, how does it compare to the ss arms? Are you and Gary in disagreement because it is worthwhile to allow the arms, or are you guys fighting just to be fighting? Some people just like to argue (Gary).

I'm all for moving on and concentrating on TB02 discussion, not rule discussions. Anyone else?

Tommy
Old 01-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
So again I ask, because they fit and because they were designed for the 04 and the 414, then torque rods should be legal on the Evo 3 by that exact same arguement! You are borrowing parts from a design because it works, why else should you have to shave the rear arms for the hub carriers to fit on the EVO??? The 04ss can uses the 04 arms...BECAUSE ITS AN 04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Torque Rods are different. You can't just buy a package optioned torque rods. You have to put them together or get one from the TA04-R. It is not an option part! While the arms are sold as an option part. Like I said you can bend it however you feel like Gary the bottom line is everyone has a point and I know your just craving to make a TB02SS just like me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.