R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-21-2003, 07:27 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

can't wait to run with you EEyan! We need to have more ooomppp to represent the TAOB team.
Hey! I took first on Sportsman F1RL. Last race was yesterday. I came in second but had the most points. You should see the Throphy. It's the heaviest coffee cup yet. :-)
Anyway back to TB02...I filmed the car while Mark Dawson was driving...hope you guys will get some more inspiration that this is not your grand dads TB01! :-)

CLICK HERE!
Old 12-21-2003, 08:03 PM   #197
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Izzys ride is pretty dialed. If the cars hold together well this should be a really strong contender at TCS. That is if Izzy shares his setup.......

Thanks for the test drive.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 08:50 PM   #198
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default Gearing

DZ, maybe read back from the begining, or maybe it is in the EVOIII thread.
There is a 52 tooth spur in the F201 Speed tuned gear set Tamiya part # 53552
And then you can use pinions up to 27 teeth, maybe more if someone made them. Tamiya has up to 25 teeth, then jumps to a 27. it is part # 49230. Hpi used to make a 26 tooth, but I'm not sure if it is made any more.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 09:24 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
can't wait to run with you EEyan! We need to have more ooomppp to represent the TAOB team.
Hey! I took first on Sportsman F1RL.
[/URL]
Hey Izzy...

Congrats on the F1 gig, I knew you'd make it... especially when you TQ'd at Toyota Cup in your first F1 race. Regarding the TB-02, I'm not sure on how I will be getting mine... should I just wait for the tub chassis to be available and convert my current Evo-III? I heard from Hebiki that he never used any of the parts from the TB02 kit except for the chassis?!? Dishing out $130~$150 just for the chassis isn't really that cost effective...

Glad the SS idea worked, I remember Tony Q and I thinking of converting our EVO-III to SS right after the Nats. In the end, we were just a tad bit lazy to do so... =) I'll definitely try this on my future TB-02 and hopefully get my skills up to par with you guys... getting rusty here.

-Ian
Old 12-21-2003, 09:29 PM   #200
Tech Elite

You can do it that way. That is what Kevin N. is planning to do. I think that is what John C did. I was going to do the same thing, even bought another Surikarn for that purpose. But I ended up just doing the kit and adding some critical option parts. I figured it will be lighter this way versus using the AL parts from the Surikarn or EVO 3.

OH YAH! I forgot. about those skills of yours. I know it's not going anywhere. It's like riding the bike. It stays with yah no matter how long you don't do it.

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyan
Hey Izzy...

Congrats on the F1 gig, I knew you'd make it... especially when you TQ'd at Toyota Cup in your first F1 race. Regarding the TB-02, I'm not sure on how I will be getting mine... should I just wait for the tub chassis to be available and convert my current Evo-III? I heard from Hebiki that he never used any of the parts from the TB02 kit except for the chassis?!? Dishing out $130~$150 just for the chassis isn't really that cost effective...

Glad the SS idea worked, I remember Tony Q and I thinking of converting our EVO-III to SS right after the Nats. In the end, we were just a tad bit lazy to do so... =) I'll definitely try this on my future TB-02 and hopefully get my skills up to par with you guys... getting rusty here.

-Ian
Old 12-21-2003, 10:29 PM   #201
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Quote:
Hey! I took first on Sportsman F1RL. Last race was yesterday. I came in second but had the most points. You should see the Throphy. It's the heaviest coffee cup yet. :-)
Anyway back to TB02...I filmed the car while Mark Dawson was driving...hope you guys will get some more inspiration that this is not your grand dads TB01! :-)

CLICK HERE!

Cool video, How I would love to drive on the TA track. It is so huge. All I get to drive on is Midwest tight indoor tracks where a 7.5 to 8.0 FDR is what you need.

I definately will have to get the tb)2 to with my EVO 3.

What body is on the car in the video?
Old 12-22-2003, 12:21 AM   #202
Tech Initiate

Default Gearing

Hi,

One qn about TB-02 pinion gears.

Read the article in Tamiya USA that the car uses 48dp pinion gears but I remember the part list for TB02 on their website also refers them as AV pinion gears.

http://tamiyausa.com/product/rc/setuptips/tb02.html
http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/58310_parts.pdf

I am just curious whether are they talking abt the same pinion gears?

TIA
fatboyweng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 03:43 AM   #203
Tech Initiate

If u want pinions for the tb 02, RW Racing makes the pinions for it. The module is 0.6 which is the metric 48 pitch. They make all the pinions that fit 16-25 plus 26-28 that fit with the 52 spur gear.
supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 08:55 AM   #204
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by f1larry

What body is on the car in the video?
Glad you like the Video, Mark D. is one of the best drivers around. The body is a Tamiya Toyota MRS.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:41 AM   #205
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking TB-02 for sale!

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyan
Hey Izzy...

-Ian

actually i used one bearing, the steering set up, the top tub reinforcers, and the tub itself. also i painted the silvia body.

but ill still be selling the car since i have mine all set up to surikarn spec. (PM me for any interested buyers)

hey izzy, i found a nifty little work around for the antenna mount. no drilling holes. remind me to show you next time. or if you'll be at socal this tuesday, let me know ill show you what i did.

is the TB-02 SS TCS legal?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:09 AM   #206
Tech Elite

Hebiki,

I ask Fred about the TB-02 SS being legal and he said YES! You know I don't want to waist time setting it up this way and end up being told "You can't do that?".

Anyway. Yah it was kind of weired that the antennae is place in the rear. I would like to see that set up. But this one works fine. I only have one MRS left and I'm saving it for TCS. I would like to have another Short Wheel Base body. I wonder how the Audi works!

I don't know about SoCal, I'm not even sure about this Saturday. I have to make-up for some family time.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:17 AM   #207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Izzy low rear downforce and a touch high but overall not bad. The MRS is the way to go though
Old 12-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #208
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Hebiki,

I ask Fred about the TB-02 SS being legal and he said YES! You know I don't want to waist time setting it up this way and end up being told "You can't do that?".

Anyway. Yah it was kind of weired that the antennae is place in the rear. I would like to see that set up. But this one works fine. I only have one MRS left and I'm saving it for TCS. I would like to have another Short Wheel Base body. I wonder how the Audi works!

I don't know about SoCal, I'm not even sure about this Saturday. I have to make-up for some family time.
Izzyracer,

sweet! now i get to use that concourse winning MRS racing body at the next TCS! i always preferred my TA04-SS over the regular length chassis. as for the audi, dean used the audi during his last
tcs and seems like there wasnt enough downforce due to that tiny wing.

as for the antenna.. i didnt want to risk glitching so i moved the antenna mount. if you cant make to socal on tuesday.. ill send you some pics and post on here also, so you can see what i did.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 PM   #209
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Izzy or Hebiki... Can i please get a test drive at the next race i see you guys at?? I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace the 04R
skiptomylou6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 01:23 AM   #210
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to let you guys know we got hop-ups and spare parts in stock for the TB-02, I just finish updating the website, Click here to check out the parts listings

I'm still working on mine and hopefully I'll be out there practicing with you guys at Tamiya the 2nd weekend of Jan.

Steve Wang