R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 AM   #2011
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TXT1 View Post
You can get the surikarn parts or the stuff from the EVO III from speedtechrc.com
Thanks, they have lots of parts....

But,

I've heard that there is a company that makes a motor mount that allows you to mount the motor in a way that it is more conventional then the 4 holes in the stock mount. Can some one help out if they know this company ?
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #2012
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is the link for the motor mount I think that you are referring too. I have one myself and it is just way better than the Tamiya one.

Dinball on ebay sells this...

But here is the direct link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yeah-Racing-TB02-013V2BU-Alloy-Motor-Mount-BU-For_W0QQitemZ120197803182QQihZ002QQcategoryZ34063Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQ cmdZViewItem''

Hope this helps...
808TXT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #2013
Tech Rookie

for the diffs should i go regular diffs or the reinforced diffs from he evo III for my tb 02

808TXT1- man thanks alot for the help and that is one sweet ride
johnbrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #2014
Tech Rookie

ya that motor mount looks the same just has the top holes cut out, guessing you could do that with a dremel.

One more think i was looking on the speedtechrc.com site and was wondering what the surikarn parts were?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #2015
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigJim14226

Quote:
Dinball on ebay sells this...

Hope this helps...

Good old Dinball....... Thanks for the link....
BigJim14226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #2016
Tech Rookie

ok another question. I just got my car in and the person locked the diffs. are they adjustable or do i need to get new diffs? I'm going to be using it as a drifter for the mean time, but may someday race it.

Thanks in advance for the response.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #2017
Tech Addict

If you are going to drift then keep the front locked..it will act as a one way. But keep the back end free. This way when you yank the breaks....your butt end will break loose and you can control the throttle from there...

But don't run both sides locked. That just isn't good. Unless you going full on race um with a 15T or less motor then I would upgrade to the EVO III stuff.

Surikarn parts is a EVO III that was raced by Surikarn, so basically they are EVO III parts unless stated Surikarn parts..which I believe are all red colored parts. That's about it. Even the one way is red...nutz!!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #2018
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to wog....supraman

Quote:
If you are going to drift then keep the front locked..it will act as a one way. But keep the back end free. This way when you yank the breaks....your butt end will break loose and you can control the throttle from there...

But don't run both sides locked. That just isn't good. Unless you going full on race um with a 15T or less motor then I would upgrade to the EVO III stuff.

Surikarn parts is a EVO III that was raced by Surikarn, so basically they are EVO III parts unless stated Surikarn parts..which I believe are all red colored parts. That's about it. Even the one way is red...nutz!!!!
ummmm right!! if you want to drift it, lock both diffs...or run them both considerably tight!!! if you are going to race in the future, then u can just loosen them off!!

i think u should of started your drifting a bit earlier, DRIFT RC, the best english drift mag!!! had this awesome DIY diff lock for ball diffs!!

ill walk ya through it!!

rip open ya diff, take out the balls and clean/dry the outdrives/ring gear and the metal pressure plates!!
take the metal rings off and stick them on sum electrical/gaffa tape and cut the shape out!!! so u end up with the shape of the metal plate....cut the inside out aswell!!

do this to both sides of the differential!!! place the metal plates back on the outdrive (tape facing middle of diff) and rebuild (without balls/lube, dirty combination of words there balls and lube) anyways!!! screw the screw half turn by half turn and check the lockd-ness of the diff.....

when you feel resistance in the screw, stop!!! and see if u can spin the outdrives in opposite directions!!....if you are satisfied drop sum threadlock on the nut and give it time to dry, from there u whack it bak in the car and get sideways!!

wog
Tamiya TNX5.2R, Taniya TA05, Tamiya TB-02, Team Associated Factory Team B4, Twister CP V2, HoBao Pirate 10 MT, Tamiya TNX5.2R spare chassis x2, ebay spec submarine, HSP Rock crawler! FOR SALE!!! pm me
wog....supraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #2019
Tech Rookie

Well i do have a 15t team orion rush motor that i was thinking of swapping for the silver can? So i guess i should go ahead and plan to order new diffs. On tamiya they have black evo III and White reinfored evo III which should i get? Also what all do you need to rebuild the diffs? sorry i don't have a manual so i just look on net for info.

Thanks for your help
Old 04-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #2020
Tech Addict

Go with the reinforced ones (white ones). They will cost a bit more but can handle the motor. Another thing...if you plan on running a 15T, you might as well run a BL motor. The Novak XB are pretty good, you will have longer run time on them as well.

As far as locking both diffs...don't. I have done that and did terrible when I drifted the TB-02. I also busted both diffs and had to change the little bearing that is in the diff (the one with the balls sandwiched together). It is to much strain on the diff..especially with the low turn motor. Loosen the back and get a oneway for the front. If you want...I have the Surikarn one way for sale if you want one. I can let her go for 30.00 in good condition. Just let me know....I don't drift my TB-02 anymore..I drift a E10 now.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #2021
Tech Rookie

thanks alot for the info.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #2022
Tech Addict

Keep us updated..
Old 04-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #2023
Tech Rookie

Well i finally got a chance to get the car out and i broke on of the diff halves, totally my fault i hit the tire of my rc car on my car and it broke. So i had to take it apart and low an behold the guy i bought it from had CA'd the diff together. There are no screws or nuts or anything. So i spend the good part of the day gettting the ca off the ring gear and cleaning all the parts. I went ahead an ordered the front one way stuff. Is that a good thing to use for drifting? I have heard both so now i have to get some diff parts like the whole set springs, screws, balls, bearings, plates and gears. Does anyone have a place that sells the whole diffs, or do i need to order part by part? So now i will rebuild it then put my 15t motor in it. Just waiting for new spur and pinion gears.

Thanks everyone for your help.
I guess i just learned my lesson buying a used car on ebay
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #2024
Tech Addict

I have a surikarn one way for sale if you want it???

Let me know...its all red..

And....YES..a one way is the way to go if you plan on drifting. But get a regular diff for the rear..

Good luck..
Old 04-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #2025
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default diffs

Hi guys,

I've got an 11 turn Team Brood modified motor that I'm planning to use in my TB-02 for normal racing.

What diff upgrades should I get?
Would a front one way be any good?
Can I use the stock bevel gear between the reinforced evo 3 joints?

Cheers,
Michael