R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to Fear
Default New Here....

Thought I would get a couple of quick shots in whilst being a bit bored...







Chassis: Robitronics Avid
Motor: Mamba Max 7700kV
ESC: Mamba Max
Rx: Futaba R604FS
Steering Servo: JR Z9100S
Wheels/Tires: Jaco 2-stage Purple/Orange (carpet), HPI Advan XSA-02 w/belted slicks + Red inserts (ashphalt)
Gearing: 90/19, 90/20, 88/20 (all 48p)
Shock Oil: Losi 40W or 70W, depending on conditions (run with 3-hole valves)
Battery: Venom 2S 4000mAh LiPo (not pictured, duh.)
Tx: Futaba 4PK
Body: HPI M3 GT (carpet), Protoform Lola (ashphalt)

I suppose I'll snap a few of my buggy later on, but thought I would use this garbage as some kind of forum intro.


Yes, I just re-did the wiring, and it needs to be tidied up.
__________________
Robitronic Avid
MambaMax 7700kV, LiPo, JR Z9100S

Associated RC8
RB S7, JR Z9100S/Z9100T(nuked, at JR for repair)/Futaba BLS-351

Futaba 4PK
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

welcome to the forum... nice ride

just remember there are seperate forums for offroad and onroad. and as such this onroad forum is more for talking about a specific car or race or onroad product. there is a chat lounge for general banter and hi's and welcome's. give it a look around and I am sure you'll find a spot to find what you are looking for. dont' be afriad to ask. althought you may not get the same response that you'll get in the onroad forum to your hi.. most people will just flame you and you'll get dejected and the majority of people on rctech don't want that. so don't pay attention to the 5% id10t that post 95% wasted space. and just gleem what you need to know off the other 95% that post 100% good info.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

by the looks of things, you should have plenty of steering.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

+1 nice ride, and not one of the usual xray etc etc brands

The forum is a good place to find info when you need it, remember "opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one" so don't take every reply to heart

enjoy the racing!
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

Wow, didn't realize that those MambaMaxes needed an Ofna Chrome Top starter box.

Like the M3 body.

I thought the phrase was "opinions are like seaballs, everyone has one"

Welcome.
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to Fear
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
welcome to the forum... nice ride

just remember there are seperate forums for offroad and onroad. and as such this onroad forum is more for talking about a specific car or race or onroad product. there is a chat lounge for general banter and hi's and welcome's. give it a look around and I am sure you'll find a spot to find what you are looking for. dont' be afriad to ask. althought you may not get the same response that you'll get in the onroad forum to your hi.. most people will just flame you and you'll get dejected and the majority of people on rctech don't want that. so don't pay attention to the 5% id10t that post 95% wasted space. and just gleem what you need to know off the other 95% that post 100% good info.
Thanks! I'm not new to forums... just to those of the RC variety, so I have a pretty good idea of the garbage that goes on sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
by the looks of things, you should have plenty of steering.
Have to dial my endpoints WAYYYYY down with the foams, still more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
+1 nice ride, and not one of the usual xray etc etc brands

The forum is a good place to find info when you need it, remember "opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one" so don't take every reply to heart

enjoy the racing!
Thanks! The Avid is a pretty dialed chassis, unfortunately missed out on most of the on-road season (since I'm not aware of any good indoor tracks here), so I'll have to wait it out for next year to really find out how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Wow, didn't realize that those MambaMaxes needed an Ofna Chrome Top starter box.

Like the M3 body.

I thought the phrase was "opinions are like seaballs, everyone has one"

Welcome.
Lol.


Thanks for the welcomes/comments, everybody!
__________________
Robitronic Avid
MambaMax 7700kV, LiPo, JR Z9100S

Associated RC8
RB S7, JR Z9100S/Z9100T(nuked, at JR for repair)/Futaba BLS-351

Futaba 4PK
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:51 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Wow, good "new" guy.
Your Avid looks cool.
Honestly i wished to have 1 Avid, unfortunately no market of this car in my zone.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FORGASS IGT/RALLY CAR DISCUSSION TrickPonYracing Florida Racing 445 02-18-2009 07:18 PM
MTX-4 PARTS AND OTHER STUFF rcfoolz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 05-04-2007 04:41 PM
New to R/C nqh71 Singapore R/C Racers 12 07-17-2006 10:46 PM
FOR SALE - all for sale posts here Sil80 Australian Racing 10483 12-29-2005 04:37 PM
Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing dabalaberda Canadian R/C Scene 1605 10-23-2003 09:41 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:30 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net