R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Touring Car Modified Racing

DA

Last edited by olewarrior; 01-17-2002 at 03:33 PM.
olewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Most all of the guys are running Sanyo HV's or Panasonics SMH batteries. As for motors, 8, 9 and 10 turns are the norm. I would suggest a 9 or 10 double to start with, plenty of power and you should make run time with decent batteries. If you run on a longer track with a flowing high speed lay out go with a 9 or 10 triple.

good luck.
sizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:02 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

i find that lower mAh rated batts (Ie 2000 / 2400) give more punch than 3000s, although 3000s give longer run times.
TCRboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

In that situation, I would run a stock motor and play the tortoise. They might out run you a little on the longest straight, but you can be much smoother in the infield.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:44 PM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

heh i agreee with smash
try gearing a 27 turn stock motor at 4.8 FDR u will be up there with the mods .... if u break in and tune the motor properly
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:56 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well a mod motor is only going to make driver error more likely, i would stick with the stock, if you get it right and the track is tight with little grip, it will be at least as fast.

From what i know of the SW it was a pig, i have heard the XXXS is much better, but still no where near as good as an Xray.
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #7
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

ole warrior i forgot to tell u thet if u run a mod motor use full time 4wheel drive no one ways ... i personally prefer 1 ways cause i sort of got used to it but if u make a lot of erors use full time 4wd.
AND... set up the car nicely ... also use good tires the tires is a must...... a BIG must cause even if u set up the car wrongly good tires can help out ... um ... what surface u run on ?
i sugess a stiffer suspension for a not soo good driver; might not have much traction or grip with hard suspension but its easier to control when it slides or going out of control but then again it ... depends
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:46 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to signoftimes

Hi! Everyone,

Anyone here has tried Super Brain 959 from MRC (Model Rectifier)? Seems like a pretty good and flexible charger at such an attractive price. At USD46.99 from Tower Hobbies, it allows charging at rates: 0.5A, 1.0A, 1.5A, 3.0A, 3.5A, 4.0A, 4.5A and delta peak voltage thresholds settings at: 5mV, 10mV, 20mV, 30mV, 40mV, 50mV.

Anyone has even read any reviews on it. It'll be great to know that.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:35 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Olewarrior- turn the caps off, that is one of the most annoying things.

About the street weapon- Yes it is a pig by todays standards, yes it was great in it's time, but Josh Cyrul and the "Magic Man" will even tell you it is way out dated. I believe what the other guys are saying is that you may be better suited in running a stock motor in the mod class.

It seems to me if you boys can't drive you have no buisness even concidering modified class racing. It also occures to me that maybe the SW with it's off-road roots may be better suited to your track, you haven't told us...Is it low trackion due to a slippery surface or are you racing on the closest thing to an asphalt off-road track anyone has ever seen.

Signoftimes- you also would be better suited to start a topic about the superbrain somewhere else because most of us run stock and normally wouldn't look into a topic plainly labeled "MODIFIED RACING". Besides it's kinda rude to interup a conversation...LOL J/K

BESERCOE- true the XXX-S ain't no X-RAY.... but the X-RAY ain't no MISSION BABY!!!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...

Last edited by IMPACTPLAYR; 01-17-2002 at 09:42 AM.
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:20 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Default GET A LIFE

I PERSONNALLY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.ALSO IF I WANT MY CAPS ON SO I CAN READ WHAT I'M TYPING.I'LL DO THAT TOO.IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ IT!THIS THREAD WAS STARTED TO EXCHANGE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MOD RACING,NOT THE FACT WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO DO IT &WHO DON'T. SINCERLY,MIKE HAMRICK.SON,YOU AIN'T NEVER SEEN A BOY PUT A CONDOM ON WITH A TIRE TOOL HAVE YA?

Last edited by olewarrior; 01-18-2002 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:23 PM   #11
Tech Adept

LOL...Mike that last line was hilarious.

Stephen
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:14 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Olewarrior- turn the caps off, that is one of the most annoying things.

About the street weapon- Yes it is a pig by todays standards, yes it was great in it's time, but Josh Cyrul and the "Magic Man" will even tell you it is way out dated. I believe what the other guys are saying is that you may be better suited in running a stock motor in the mod class.

It seems to me if you boys can't drive you have no buisness even concidering modified class racing. It also occures to me that maybe the SW with it's off-road roots may be better suited to your track, you haven't told us...Is it low trackion due to a slippery surface or are you racing on the closest thing to an asphalt off-road track anyone has ever seen.

Signoftimes- you also would be better suited to start a topic about the superbrain somewhere else because most of us run stock and normally wouldn't look into a topic plainly labeled "MODIFIED RACING". Besides it's kinda rude to interup a conversation...LOL J/K

BESERCOE- true the XXX-S ain't no X-RAY.... but the X-RAY ain't no MISSION BABY!!!!!!

WEll Impact your right. It's too bad some people didn't notice that
you had just kidding typed afterwards. Yes that's what j/k means.

And who cares about condoms? It's not like Impact needs to use them?

Shelby - Impactwife
Impactwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 06:35 PM   #13
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Why would I want to close these threads down?

You guys are too funny to miss.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:04 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon Slayer

Yes...pretty good stuff...........................Futureal, what happens when you get to 1000 post....you wont blow up will ya'.....lolol
Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:13 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Default DA WELL RAN DRY

THTHTHTATTTTS ALL FOLKS.SHOW OVER.YA'LL AIN'T NEVER HAD A OPTIC NERVE ATTACK HAVE YA?THATS WHEN YOU'RE OPTIC NERVE IS CONNECTED TO RECTUM WELL YOU KNOW THE REST.LOL P.S. NEXT WEEK WE WILL START A GERITOL MODIFIED CLASS FOR OVERLY SENSITIVE RETIRED VETERANS.

Last edited by olewarrior; 01-17-2002 at 07:15 PM.