R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #226
Tech Rookie

tc3team, bad karma is not what the racers want from Tamiya and organizers or the racers who cheated. It cannot happen this way when everyone else has worked so hard just to qualify and we all abide by all the rules and regulation set forth before the race starts, which in a way is like telling all of us, you are f**ked and you are an idiot for not cheating.

To answer the bear, I have to agree with you that guy ĎAí will always be faster than all the other guys. We have a racer who is also winning races forever, although at the back of our mind we are thinking what has he done to his car to reach that speed, we would never think he cheats to win as we have tried giving him our equipments to run and the end result is the same. If you loose to a better driver, you would be satisfied to know that and you just have to work doubly hard to try and close the gap to him. To be honest, itís just the skill and I believe you have to drive with patience as it will make or break your race. So I suppose the secret is patience and not doing anything illegal to your car.

Without prejudice to all readers from America, first we have a Francis M. and now we have Kevin CBR. . With due respect, can I please request that you read the whole thread from front to back to understand the whole story and what this whole thing is about before writing such a long post. Uzzi hit it right on the head, please learn from him. We are not sore looser, we are just upset when there is proof of foul play, the organizer and the so-called officials did not do what there are assigned to do. They not only did not do anything about it, they also took us for idiots. To me, that is just unacceptable and totally disrespecting the sport/hobby and us as racers. I am not in the two categories that are in dispute here, but if I am in it and knew about what had happened during/after the race, you can be sure I will personally make sure that I will not be typing this here now. I know its kind of useless to bitch about it now as we really do have some pretty irresponsible organizers and officials that till today have not responded to our call here. We are not here to make a name for ourselves, or are just sour grapes over the winner(s). We are just here to tell the world how we as racers are treated and taken for granted, even with such a prestigious event (before the 2008 series anyway), and you cannot believe what kind of surface we have to run on. Honestly, I know it may not be the worst in the world as I must admit that I have not been the most professional of racers, but the carpet cannot be any worse than any other thing that I have ever ran on period! When you run on tarmac, you cannot complain much, but when you are laying carpet for a race, you are excepted to lay carpet of a certain standard. Even after running it for three days with over a hundred cars, the carpet gets about three to five hundred runs a day, there are still furs coming out on my last round on the third day. It is just ridiculous, just utterly irresponsible of the organizers. I do not understand the reason behind this and I must say that I am surprised that Tamiya Japan has not reprimanded the Malaysian distributor for this. If it were up to me, the local organizer/CMA would be given a very good piece of my mind. This alone is just unacceptable as a Tamiya Asia Cup Asia Finals, especially when you compare it to the previous races that were held in Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan and etc.

All I want to say is, it is not the end of this matter until the people responsible come out of their hole to at least give us an answer to our questions.

Q1) Why wasnít the Hong Kong racer (Wu ChakMing) DQ for having his motor commed. Sean S. presents the evidence and I believe other racers have seen the same scene when it happened.
Q2) why was the Thai racer awarded 1st place when he obviously did not do his marshalling duties after the third A main Finals. He should have been penalized for his misconduct. (To Kevin CBR, his car was not dismantled after the second run, but only after the third.) Although he did not run the third run, but I assume a racer would know that one would be required to do marshalling even if you did not run that particular heat or the language is not spoken in your home language. It is the responsibility of the racer to keep track of the race progress, the onus would be on the racer and not the organizer to be calling for you to do this and do that, does the race director call for you to run your heat? As such, it is also the responsibility of the organizer to penalize the racer if there is a misconduct that is evident. So where is the penalty? Why was it not given?

The question is now out, so where are the people responsible? Show us some courage and see what you have between your legs. Stand up to answer for what is deem as justice by all on this thread, if not by all the other racers that participated in TAC 2008. CMA, Tamiya Officials, please come out of hiding and answer for your wrong doings if you still respect us as racers and respect your own brand and yourself as a person with dignity.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
edison_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #227
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by edison_c View Post
tc3team, bad karma is not what the racers want from Tamiya and organizers or the racers who cheated. It cannot happen this way when everyone else has worked so hard just to qualify and we all abide by all the rules and regulation set forth before the race starts, which in a way is like telling all of us, you are f**ked and you are an idiot for not cheating.

Q1) Why wasnít the Hong Kong racer (Wu ChakMing) DQ for having his motor commed. Sean S. presents the evidence and I believe other racers have seen the same scene when it happened.
Q2) why was the Thai racer awarded 1st place when he obviously did not do his marshalling duties after the third A main Finals. He should have been penalized for his misconduct. (To Kevin CBR, his car was not dismantled after the second run, but only after the third.) Although he did not run the third run, but I assume a racer would know that one would be required to do marshalling even if you did not run that particular heat or the language is not spoken in your home language. It is the responsibility of the racer to keep track of the race progress, the onus would be on the racer and not the organizer to be calling for you to do this and do that, does the race director call for you to run your heat? As such, it is also the responsibility of the organizer to penalize the racer if there is a misconduct that is evident. So where is the penalty? Why was it not given?

The question is now out, so where are the people responsible? Show us some courage and see what you have between your legs. Stand up to answer for what is deem as justice by all on this thread, if not by all the other racers that participated in TAC 2008. CMA, Tamiya Officials, please come out of hiding and answer for your wrong doings if you still respect us as racers and respect your own brand and yourself as a person with dignity.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Of course bad karma isnt the answer to any cheating, it's just how I look at anyone who cheats and gets away with it (Should it happen anywhere).

They deserve to have some bad "luck" later on. (I wasn't at the race so i'm not going to agree or disagree that there was any cheating or get into the subject of Q1)...

Q2, Don't start the race until EVERYONE is at the marshalling points. Race organiser calls out the persons name over the microphone who should be marshalling and he will feel a bit embarrased he's holding up a big event and get out there damn quickly!

Regardless of language, if you hear your name being called out you will (or should!) know something is being directed at YOU. Still doesnt answer any DQ but as above, wasn't there so can't comment. It's just an idea.

Maybe a copy of the rules in full should be given to every racer when they book in or arrive, the only issue is getting them printed in every language needed prior to the event.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #228
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Good picture, now we have hard evident, it's time to call Tamiya Japan.

Come on, don't just BS in the forum, do something useful. It's not right to let a guy to cheat 7 years in a row. Please, do something useful for us.

My eyesight is not very good, is the comm color red?
Had these comm cut by a lathe or other similar tools?

Quote from earlier post:
"i saw that my comm is still shiny and it's color is not red, it is normal.
but both of hongkong drivers comm is not shiny and it's color is alredy red
and middle of comm color is black. it means when they use this motor,
during that time it's tunning too much fast!!!!"

if Tamiya Japan reply ? yet ?
dont want no more arrogant smile for 8 years in a row

Last edited by Dr.Ryan; 09-29-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Dr.Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #229
Tech Rookie

tc3team, I must have some comment on your answer to my question 2. Why should the whole grid wait for an irresponsible bloke to turn up to do his marshalling duty? To me, or any other racers I suppose, he/she for that matter, should be responsible for his/her own duty for the race. Is it too much to ask for from a racer? I personally would not think so. As for why the racer who broke a rule was not penalized? I personally donít know and I have already commented about what the CMA (Country Manager/Agent) missing something in-between his legs, so I would not go there again. If he continues to stay quiet about this matter then he can continue to have something in-between his legs. By the way, is he married? If he is, then I sympathize his wife!

As for Dr. Ryan, I suppose CMA/Japan would have responded by now if they thought they have made a mistake. I am not from Malaysia, so I cannot comment. Can our fellow racers from Malaysia comment on this. My guess is they (CMA and Tamiya Japan) have not commented or even made an attempt to rectify or even explain their behaviors.

Let wait and see if anyone from Malaysia can help us on this.
edison_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #230
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFT View Post
Hello RedEnzo,

Look who took your advice! Heh! Heh! Heh!, So are you giving free lesson?

Cheers dude!

Photo is remove due to the request of the novice pilot, ,
Welcome aboard to you guys. Well done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongl View Post
Thanks GFT,
for removing the photo....

RedEnzo.... The "nemo" is not that indestructible. Sigh!
Well to some extend yes, the fuselage and wings are made from very flexible and strong foam.

Guys, Good to hear you've migrated to RC planes,.I've opened up a thread on RC Plane racing. May be we can discuss things up there:

RC Plane Ramp-it thread :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...-rc-plane.html

Last edited by RedEnzo; 10-29-2008 at 06:15 AM.
RedEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #231
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by edison_c View Post
tc3team, I must have some comment on your answer to my question 2. Why should the whole grid wait for an irresponsible bloke to turn up to do his marshalling duty? To me, or any other racers I suppose, he/she for that matter, should be responsible for his/her own duty for the race. Is it too much to ask for from a racer? I personally would not think so.
Im not saying its acceptable (far, far from it!) but calling someones name out at a big event that should be marshalling but isn't will (or should) make them feel rather uncomfortable.

It sounds like the rules were there, but not used to penalize people who didnt marshal, but I wasnt there so obviously I couldn't say for sure.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Renault crash gate $1 million plus and 2 year suspended ban, Mc laren Lie gate - $100 million, spygate no championship points.... FAIR?????