Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Favouritism and biasness at Tamiya Asian Championship Final? >

Favouritism and biasness at Tamiya Asian Championship Final?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favouritism and biasness at Tamiya Asian Championship Final?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

BINGO!!!!!!

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Interesting thread!

I see a lot of arguing and quarreling going about as this thread continues.

I'm curious if can agree on some things here as I understood from what went wrong.

-Tech control quality should be on a good (base) level.
Maybe even more important (as it seems here) tech control should be consistent during the entire event.

-Changing of any rules during an event should only be done with the highest exception and with the support of the teamcaptains (as they represent the drivers).
Everyone should also be able to comply to a changed rule.

-A driver is allways responosible for marshalling.
(no matter if someone has a valid or sincere reason for not being able to attend by himself, race control could (being asked in advance) allowe a substitute( Or race control must be the (direct) reason for a marshal missing his duty.

-Race-control must try to run a tight ship, schedule-wise. Also here only by exception, if the schedule needs to be changed they have the duty to inform every driver clearly and in advance (for as far as possible) about this.

Guys I'm not asking about every good reason or cause for all the things leading to the "mishaps".

Just on the whole, do these points summarize the general consensus here?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Interesting thread!

I see a lot of arguing and quarreling going about as this thread continues.

I'm curious if can agree on some things here as I understood from what went wrong.

-Tech control quality should be on a good (base) level.
Maybe even more important (as it seems here) tech control should be consistent during the entire event.

-Changing of any rules during an event should only be done with the highest exception and with the support of the teamcaptains (as they represent the drivers).
Everyone should also be able to comply to a changed rule.

-A driver is allways responosible for marshalling.
(no matter if someone has a valid or sincere reason for not being able to attend by himself, race control could (being asked in advance) allowe a substitute( Or race control must be the (direct) reason for a marshal missing his duty.

-Race-control must try to run a tight ship, schedule-wise. Also here only by exception, if the schedule needs to be changed they have the duty to inform every driver clearly and in advance (for as far as possible) about this.

Guys I'm not asking about every good reason or cause for all the things leading to the "mishaps".

Just on the whole, do these points summarize the general consensus here?
Finaly, someone understood why machead2 started this thread. Bravo.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

After some time off from this thread, I see that they are more sensible postings, other than that Amat fellow who is trying his luck which I cannot comprehend why? He is not the one being blame/caught, why support someone who we are very sure have cheated or not abide by the rules? Does it mean Amat is going to try his luck next year at TAC? I doubt he can drive, although I am one bloke that cannot drive for nuts as I am still learning, but I am proud even if I lost, because I did not cheat and I marshalled every round after my run.

As for JoeyE, I do not understand your comment about “All Overrated”, which part do you think is overrated? This thread, us drivers who did not cheat and lost and are writing about the truth here or the integrity, moral and the respect that we perceive the Tamiya officials and local organizer possess? If its the last part, I salute you. If its about the thread and us racers you comment about being overrated, I think you had better make an apology to all the drivers at TAC. Were you there at the race to start with, did not recall seeing a guy by the name Joey there? If not I recommend you apologize twice, because you were not even there to start with so again, read from the beginning or just read from Page 5 from machead’s thread to understand what we are really trying to portrait to the rest of the RC world.

Comment to t4m1y4niac and Mr. Park, please refrain from using the “f” word on this thread as it will make us look low and feel sour grape from losing to other drivers, which we are not. We are here just to state the facts like how machead has done and deter anyone who is trying to blur the truth from you other racers out there. We are racers who really work hard for a hobby that does not reward us in any way other than the adrenaline rush that the speed gives us and the pride of racing with other racers to see how our skill pit against each other(on a level and fair playing ground). We are not here to cause any problem to anyone nor are we here to cause havoc to Tamiya, or the local organizer for TAC 2008. I believe all would agree with me and give full support to. I would also like to thank Pizzadude for the summary, it is about all that we want to state.

As for mitsubishi’s comment about blaming the cheaters and not the organizers, I would strongly disagree. For the cheaters to cheat in the first place is wrong, and for the officials and organizers to concur with the cheaters is just totally disgusting. I may even put it as the darkest day in RC, both sides should be condemned and both should be punished. Let us remember this day, September 7th and let it be a Non-Cheating day for RC racers.

I do not know what can be done at this point in time to rectify this problem. Maybe the simpliest way is to strip the titles off the known cheater and I believe that would be more than enough to be considered as accountable by us racers, then maybe we can then think about the road to rebuilding Tamiya as a brand and maybe your local Malaysian racers can give your local manager/agent a chance to redeem what he has lost.

Cheers.

p.s. Amat, thank you for not coming back to this thread again, as I think you have learn more than what you are deem eligible for in RC.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
Wow!!! u got a loyal fan and a real stalker..
Who ask you to be so famous.
Originally Posted by edison_c
After some time off from this thread, I see that they are more sensible postings, other than that Amat fellow who is trying his luck which I cannot comprehend why? He is not the one being blame/caught, why support someone who we are very sure have cheated or not abide by the rules? Does it mean Amat is going to try his luck next year at TAC? I doubt he can drive, although I am one bloke that cannot drive for nuts as I am still learning, but I am proud even if I lost, because I did not cheat and I marshalled every round after my run.

As for JoeyE, I do not understand your comment about “All Overrated”, which part do you think is overrated? This thread, us drivers who did not cheat and lost and are writing about the truth here or the integrity, moral and the respect that we perceive the Tamiya officials and local organizer possess? If its the last part, I salute you. If its about the thread and us racers you comment about being overrated, I think you had better make an apology to all the drivers at TAC. Were you there at the race to start with, did not recall seeing a guy by the name Joey there? If not I recommend you apologize twice, because you were not even there to start with so again, read from the beginning or just read from Page 5 from machead’s thread to understand what we are really trying to portrait to the rest of the RC world.

Comment to t4m1y4niac and Mr. Park, please refrain from using the “f” word on this thread as it will make us look low and feel sour grape from losing to other drivers, which we are not. We are here just to state the facts like how machead has done and deter anyone who is trying to blur the truth from you other racers out there. We are racers who really work hard for a hobby that does not reward us in any way other than the adrenaline rush that the speed gives us and the pride of racing with other racers to see how our skill pit against each other(on a level and fair playing ground). We are not here to cause any problem to anyone nor are we here to cause havoc to Tamiya, or the local organizer for TAC 2008. I believe all would agree with me and give full support to. I would also like to thank Pizzadude for the summary, it is about all that we want to state.

As for mitsubishi’s comment about blaming the cheaters and not the organizers, I would strongly disagree. For the cheaters to cheat in the first place is wrong, and for the officials and organizers to concur with the cheaters is just totally disgusting. I may even put it as the darkest day in RC, both sides should be condemned and both should be punished. Let us remember this day, September 7th and let it be a Non-Cheating day for RC racers.

I do not know what can be done at this point in time to rectify this problem. Maybe the simpliest way is to strip the titles off the known cheater and I believe that would be more than enough to be considered as accountable by us racers, then maybe we can then think about the road to rebuilding Tamiya as a brand and maybe your local Malaysian racers can give your local manager/agent a chance to redeem what he has lost.

Cheers.

p.s. Amat, thank you for not coming back to this thread again, as I think you have learn more than what you are deem eligible for in RC.
disappoint for 2008 TAC
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Sean. S
disappoint for 2008 TAC
I don't really get what you meant or maybe is my understanding of English or is just you?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile sorry....

sorry....

edison.....

i corrected my post already..^^

have a nice day..
Old 09-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by kuanseng1981

RPM does not matter cause i can have a 16k rpm motor and can out drag a 20k motor on a drag race. Reason : cause of the torque of the motor/magnet.
Hi everyone..... Politics, Drama, intrigue, controversies..... RC Racing is as exciting as ever...Too bad I missed out the fun.... That's one of the many the reasons why after over 13 years of RC car racing, I decided to quit racing and fly my beloved rc planes. Cheaper, less stressful and best of all no Politics. 100% pure fun

As the thread suggest, I'm not biased to anyone.... So my statement is no way leaning to any racers. I'd have to agree with kuanseng that rpm must go hand in hand with torque. Another fact, simple physics: Power=Voltage X Current. This means that Voltage is directly propotional to Power. If you can squeeze as much voltage from your pack, you'll definitely increase the power output of your motor. I've also heard about the trick of placing a very high powered magnet to your motor can to improve torque....Higher torque means better acceleration. Correct me if I am wrong....
Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedEnzo
Hi everyone..... Politics, Drama, intrigue, controversies..... RC Racing is as exciting as ever...Too bad I missed out the fun.... That's one of the many the reasons why after over 13 years of RC car racing, I decided to quit racing and fly my beloved rc planes. Cheaper, less stressful and best of all no Politics. 100% pure fun

As the thread suggest, I'm not biased to anyone.... So my statement is no way leaning to any racers. I'd have to agree with kuanseng that rpm must go hand in hand with torque. Another fact, simple physics: Power=Voltage X Current. This means that Voltage is directly propotional to Power. If you can squeeze as much voltage from your pack, you'll definitely increase the power output of your motor. I've also heard about the trick of placing a very high powered magnet to your motor can to improve torque....Higher torque means better acceleration. Correct me if I am wrong....
Wow you must be lucky at your local flying fields as all the ones around us have as much drama as any race track. It is always someone bitching about the field, or members complaining about each other on how club business is run or people complaining about the flying field. As for cheaper I guess it can be if you don't wreck and fly cheap planes but are shop has built 2 planes that where just finished at 10K and one that is selling for 16K. The shop has built at least 25 planes at well over 3k this year alone so cheap is not really what I would call it.

We do have guys flying the cheap stuff to just like people buy RTR setups for cars.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Wow you must be lucky at your local flying fields as all the ones around us have as much drama as any race track. It is always someone bitching about the field, or members complaining about each other on how club business is run or people complaining about the flying field. As for cheaper I guess it can be if you don't wreck and fly cheap planes but are shop has built 2 planes that where just finished at 10K and one that is selling for 16K. The shop has built at least 25 planes at well over 3k this year alone so cheap is not really what I would call it.

We do have guys flying the cheap stuff to just like people buy RTR setups for cars.
AS for cheap, I meant relatively.... You can virtually fly 4 channel RTR Nemo foam plane for RM280 or US$80. In fact I started with a 2 channel for as little as US$20.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RedEnzo, glad to see you back on the thread. Anyway, about your comments on Politics, Drama, intrigue, controversies, I would like to say that politics is something I cannot see in this race, maybe only for the three Japanese officials, intrigue, yes, most definately when a person we reguard so highly of interms of upholding the rules and regulation did not do it at the most crucial time. Controversies, I guess all of it will relate back to the "Intrigue" part. Drama, you should have been there to see when the whole Malaysian team left the pricing ceremony. It is so dramatic for me to see we Malaysian drivers condem(did I spell it correctly? If not, my apologies.) drivers who cheat but then again they were all caught but none of them were penalised! Thats what we are fuming about.

As for whats cheaper? I guess its hard to guage, but I believe it will only be cheap when one does not want to win, if not, winning means money but money does not guarantee you a win, I must add. Never seem to see Minardi win, but exceptions do happen, look at Vettel during the Monza race, but its not a straight out fight as it seem. Not to take away anything away from Vettel, circumstances do play a part. In our case, the inspectors and teh organizers are the circumstances.

Hope to see you racing cars soon.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the invitation Mike, but too much commitment ($) and age catching up. my health issues. I might one day return just for fun. Just to see if I still have it. If someone can loan me a car just maybe lah....(Sorry, no more TAC for me. Other series should be okaylah.... takut luka lama berdarah kembali).

When I say politic, it could either be positive or negative. The bad side of politics is, in my humble opinion, manipulative, back stabing, judgemental, cheating, wrong decisions, boycotts, etc etc etc....

It's spelt as Condemn..... Sorry, just had to correct it....

Like I said before again and again : Speed = Money + Skill + Luck. STR drivers ( this case Vettel) has the Skill + Luck + a bit more money than Minardi - Ferrari engine at the back!!! (If I am not mistaken, Minardi might still owe Alex Yoong some money)

Yes, I concur that circumstances do play a part. Like this bloke that I knew, won a race with standard servo and standard AM radio. but when he upgraded to digital servos and state of the art radio, with upgraded parts, he was not as competitive as before. Why? Circumstances like luck, very competitive field, pressure, wrong tactics etc etc....

Still racing Mike?
Old 09-14-2008, 01:28 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedEnzo
AS for cheap, I meant relatively.... You can virtually fly 4 channel RTR Nemo foam plane for RM280 or US$80. In fact I started with a 2 channel for as little as US$20.
Thats the kind of stuff I fly.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

I fly a silverlit x-twin palmZ..... FUN!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Yes, I am still very much into racing, but the racing scene has been much quieter than before, maybe its more people are into flying? Or there is just not as much motivation anymore. In any case, its just lesser people racing.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ongl
I fly a silverlit x-twin palmZ..... FUN!
Get the Nemo Ong..... cheap, virtually difficult to destroy/break. Then you'll appreciate the term "Sky is the limit"

Originally Posted by wyd
Thats the kind of stuff I fly.
so when are you gonna have the bigger scale? I'm working to get a 60Scale warbird. Warhawk or Mustang looks nive. Currently I'm flying the foamie GWS Spitfire.

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Yes, I am still very much into racing, but the racing scene has been much quieter than before, maybe its more people are into flying? Or there is just not as much motivation anymore. In any case, its just lesser people racing.
I thing racing is getting more and more expensive.... I do notice a jump in number of rc flyers. Probably the easy availability and cheap China planes/helis.

Wanna join me Mike? I'll give you free lesson....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.