R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machead2 View Post
OMG, you are stalking me!
Wow!!! u got a loyal fan and a real stalker..
Who ask you to be so famous.
-KilleR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #152
GFT
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KilleR- View Post
Wow!!! u got a loyal fan and a real stalker..
Who ask you to be so famous.
What to do, he keep appearing in national newspaper. Don't know for the right or wrong reason.
GFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #153
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by machead2 View Post
Am still around.....

Personally, am just very disappointed with the officials' decision and lack of judgement.

I had high hopes of strict enforcement of rules and regulations as per previous TACs, but was utterly disgusted by the manner these officials carried out their duties.

I have always been a keen and avid supporter of Tamiya, TAC and respect for the officials....but after this whole mess... am not sure if I could get myself to run another TAC.

What happened to sportsmanship, integrity, honour and the love of the hobby?

I have been in this hobby for 25 years and never been this disappointed.

*hugs* Machead.........Sorry to turn the crosshair on you muahahaha ROFL.
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:07 AM   #154
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Motor

Well although i am not at TAC Malaysia this year but i will like to share a bit of knowledge of what i know about motor.

RPM does not matter cause i can have a 16k rpm motor and can out drag a 20k motor on a drag race. Reason : cause of the torque of the motor/magnet.

Sometime you must fine tune the motor output power,rpm and power band to the track and also the gear ratio and of cause driving.

Hope i do not offend any1 here. Thanks
who is friend who is foe.
kuanseng1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #155
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amat View Post

Second, it is not true that the Hong Kong champion got a motor over 18000rpm at the final. The truth is that motor only got 175xxrpm. And the champion car is not fast, we have the video of that 3 final round to prove it. And the comm, yes, it is smaller, but the judge cant find any evidence of modify the comm or the end bell have been open. One Korean player come and said he can make it at that time, and said other team got such equipment(WOW!). But, when someone ask this Korean player show them how to make it perfectly, he silent go alway immediately.

It is not easy to use such Hudy stock comm lether to make a perfectly smooth suface as you have to set the knife perfectly position and cut the comm in different direction. If you can do that, you can still hurt the faber ring at the end. But the champion motor comm is smooth, no hurting faber ring, no evidence of end bell open. I really want to know how come someone said he can make it and the Japanese judge already said he can't make it already. If the Korean player really show them how to make it..... Then it will be another big story.

Here are the video of the Mini class final
Final 1
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=_IXLcFoj2dY
Final 2
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-v5WV0W5Y
Final 3
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=5yi5xOiHeaI

I can said that the Korean player mini is really fast. He lose is not because of Hong Kong Player car fast, is beacuse he have crash.

Pls be fair to every one and dont just disclosing something that advantage to himself and cover the real truth.
Dont take it personally, and obviously I was not there but you re a little candid for thinking that this cannot be done. That kind of cheating and opening without marking is a very very well known technique.. its doable and has been doable for a long long time
I ve been doing rc since 89 so trust me, this is bogus to try to have people think otherwise.

Most likely cheating happended here.. there is lots of circumstancial evidence..
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #156
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to cat007
Default Good old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
to be honest, this would have never happened if a particular inspector i know was there.

this guy was real strict with the rules. he can actually smell the difference if your motor was not running honestly.

in 2005, when TAC was in Singapore, he nearly got into a fight with some of the team leaders of at least 2 countries because he refused to reverse a decision that DQ'ed some of their drivers due to tech violations. turns out he was right and the officials backed up the inspector and the decisions were upheld.

last year in Taiwan, after the last runs were held, all of the cars were impounded and were stripped down to component parts. even the tires were cut open to check the inserts. even thought it seemed fair, i thought it was too late to catch those that did cheat on the earlier runs...

i just wish that the inspectors this year really did their jobs right but it seems not...
Komostaka Tommi !! I cant agree more with what that inspector did whom I learnt a lot from. Being an inspector myself working beside "him" in 2005 was not really fun, everything smell like traction compound at the end of the day not to mention taking out the body clip 417 times a day.

This year I was there to support my coursin and other old friends. For some reason, no drivers will ever say they have enough power but I also see that instead of 3, this year there was only 2 inspectors. (In 2005, we had an agreement which was fair IMO, we will not inspect cars that belonged to our country, and only when the 2 "other" inspectors cannot agree on a fault, then we will call upon the japanese to help, that year, we only called the jap guy 4 times i think on grey areas like whether should we use wasabi to clear our nose)

By the way, found the race queen (see attached photo) on facebook.

I personally think winning the ticket to Japan is no big deal. I know someone who is in TAC for 8 years and all his ticket to Japan is paid by himself. He believes in sportmanship and definately enjoy the hobby than thinking of ways to strangle his motor or the driver standing beside him. (I do apologise on his behalf for knocking car 4 and 8 on purpose but thats another story ) To me, he has been TAC champion for the past 8 years and definately TAC 2009.
Attached Thumbnails
Favouritism and biasness at Tamiya Asian Championship Final?-s538666186_398.jpg  

Last edited by cat007; 09-12-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: names mentioned
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #157
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to cat007
Default Inspector name

Tommi, Just wondering if we were talking about the same inspector. heard he became a professional lawyer. i would have second thoughts going TAC 2009 (rumours in Phillipines) as my car would "not" pass inspection and he can sue me.
My car is digital & smoke free, a diversified multiple post cultural hybrid but politically & ecologically incorrect. So fast it can give u a gigabyte in a nanosecond. It interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace so its been uplinked, downloaded, imported, exported & outsourced. Runs on Air, mixed with Nitro methane & Lithium Polymer, its tribrid not hybrid so its interactive, hyperactive & once a month its radioactive. High speed, high torque, high resolution, all using low tech materials. Its wireless so its tireless & it comes with an unlimited broadband capacity at 2.4Ghz. It has ABS ATV ATL FHM RPM MIA DSM GPS FBI BBC ABC DC AC CEO CNC ICS PHD all on one LCD. It can broadcast, podcast, telecast, multicast, cablecast, simulcast all in HD. Hop up include a voice activated plug-in with regenerative capabilities that is also biodegradable. Most important it crosses the finish line.

Specification subject to change without notice.

In memory of Uncle George Carlin
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #158
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat007 View Post
Komostaka Tommi !! I cant agree more with what that inspector did whom I learnt a lot from. Being an inspector myself working beside "him" in 2005 was not really fun, everything smell like traction compound at the end of the day not to mention taking out the body clip 417 times a day.

This year I was there to support my coursin and other old friends. For some reason, no drivers will ever say they have enough power but I also see that instead of 3, this year there was only 2 inspectors. (In 2005, we had an agreement which was fair IMO, we will not inspect cars that belonged to our country, and only when the 2 "other" inspectors cannot agree on a fault, then we will call upon the japanese to help, that year, we only called the jap guy 4 times i think on grey areas like whether should we use wasabi to clear our nose)

By the way, found the race queen (see attached photo) on facebook.

I personally think winning the ticket to Japan is no big deal. I know someone who is in TAC for 8 years and all his ticket to Japan is paid by himself. He believes in sportmanship and definately enjoy the hobby than thinking of ways to strangle his motor or the driver standing beside him. (I do apologise on his behalf for knocking car 4 and 8 on purpose but thats another story ) To me, he has been TAC champion for the past 8 years and definately TAC 2009.

i agree mate. you know me when we met in 2005. i am more of a hobbyist rather than a full blown racer. for me, getting to TAC in the first place was my "win". everything else that happened afterwards is a bonus for me. (so you can now understand my happy outburst when i found out i qualified 8th in the Buggy class that year... and finished 6th overall
Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat007 View Post
Tommi, Just wondering if we were talking about the same inspector. heard he became a professional lawyer. i would have second thoughts going TAC 2009 (rumours in Phillipines) as my car would "not" pass inspection and he can sue me.
yes. he is now a professional licensed lawyer here. i dont think he can sue you if the rumor is true... i heard the 2009 venue is either in Philippines or in Shanghai, China... if it is China, then he cant practice law there. only in Philippines...hehehehehehehehe
Old 09-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #160
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amat View Post
And the promotion girl at the last day really good!
In what way? Was there some "after racing" event?

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #161
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
yes. he is now a professional licensed lawyer here...
tommi, remember "every man for himself!?"
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #162
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

blame the cheaters...not the organizers...its already a bygone issue...hopefully everything will be rectified by TAC 2009...hey, i love this hobby...
mitsubishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #163
Tech Elite

lets challenge those f**king cheaters in another race...with open motors (modified)...we can see if they were really good or not....

damn!! why so many cheaters in this hobbies..f**k them!!
Old 09-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #164
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to PARK YOUNG HUN
Default hmmm...

oh...

i agree...... ....kkkk

whom????

guys~~~

we know abou that right?

hahahaha....

Last edited by PARK YOUNG HUN; 09-13-2008 at 05:38 PM.
PARK YOUNG HUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:24 AM   #165
Tech Master

Interesting thread!

I see a lot of arguing and quarreling going about as this thread continues.

I'm curious if can agree on some things here as I understood from what went wrong.

-Tech control quality should be on a good (base) level.
Maybe even more important (as it seems here) tech control should be consistent during the entire event.

-Changing of any rules during an event should only be done with the highest exception and with the support of the teamcaptains (as they represent the drivers).
Everyone should also be able to comply to a changed rule.

-A driver is allways responosible for marshalling.
(no matter if someone has a valid or sincere reason for not being able to attend by himself, race control could (being asked in advance) allowe a substitute( Or race control must be the (direct) reason for a marshal missing his duty.

-Race-control must try to run a tight ship, schedule-wise. Also here only by exception, if the schedule needs to be changed they have the duty to inform every driver clearly and in advance (for as far as possible) about this.

Guys I'm not asking about every good reason or cause for all the things leading to the "mishaps".

Just on the whole, do these points summarize the general consensus here?
PizzaDude is online now   Reply With Quote