R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
nib
Tech Apprentice

Default novak gtb problem?

i got my 3rd gtb back a few days ago first one fried second one had a brain board problem so today i installed #3 and it provides no power to my reciever.Is there anything i can do about this or do i need to send #3 back and pray #4 works? novaks customer service and all my other novak gear is first rate so im still novak loyal but this gtb situation is really getting me bummed.
nib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nib View Post
i got my 3rd gtb back a few days ago first one fried second one had a brain board problem so today i installed #3 and it provides no power to my reciever.Is there anything i can do about this or do i need to send #3 back and pray #4 works? novaks customer service and all my other novak gear is first rate so im still novak loyal but this gtb situation is really getting me bummed.
did you plug the rx wire in backwards? is the external leads plugged all the way in? just running through things it could be

novak gtb problem seems to be a redundant statement...
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
nib
Tech Apprentice

its all plugged in correctly and when i tried a different speedo all was well
Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Great, hope to see you at the groundpounders in windsor today.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Tech Adept

NIB,

The propability of you having 3 speedo's in row not working coming right from Novak is highly unlikely... Keep in mind that they are all tested before they are sent out...

You must be doing something wrong. Make sure that the black wire is facing the oustside of the receiver when you plug it in. It will plug in backward perfectly fine but then you will have no power.

I would call Novak and talk to a tech or utalize the Steve Wiess thread with RCtech.
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I have suggested that nib contact [email protected] directly for assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
NIB,

The propability of you having 3 speedo's in row not working coming right from Novak is highly unlikely... Keep in mind that they are all tested before they are sent out...

You must be doing something wrong. Make sure that the black wire is facing the oustside of the receiver when you plug it in. It will plug in backward perfectly fine but then you will have no power.

I would call Novak and talk to a tech or utalize the Steve Wiess thread with RCtech.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nib View Post

If you have had that bad of luck with them, I would suggest looking at a different brand.
I personally, have had no problems with anything Novak, so I believe that it could be something that your doing on your end. good luck
Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
nib
Tech Apprentice

i really hope im doing somthing erong but the first 2 were manufacturing problems so sayith novak plus when i plugged another speedo in all was well and worked fine ill call novak tomarrow and get it sorted out im just really bummed that my luck with this one speedo bites soo hard
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
nib
Tech Apprentice

the harness w/ the diode was installed backwards from the factory charlie talked me through it this morning all is well and my confidence in novak is still rewarded with good product support.