Search

EPIC Binary Stock motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default EPIC Binary Stock motor

Hey all,

As you know-the handout motor for the US indoor champs is the new Epic Binary 2 stocker.

What I want to know is-how fast is this motor going to be? Is it going to be faster than anything we have ever driven in stock?

Can anyone build one out of there BInary 19 turn motor (drop in a 27t arm) and report the speed??

Thanks,
Ray Huang
Old 10-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Will it knock the Monster stock motor off the hill and takes it place as the King of stock motors?

Good question.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

From what I understand it is a quad magnet design with advanced timing. Basically it is a 36 degree stock motor. Should be plenty fast. Of course it is not even close to being ROAR Legal. Oh well, it will make for some seriously fun racing. Hope to see this as the motor of choice at the Snowbirds as well.

Later,
Old 10-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the 19t can is just a regular mod can in a different color, its adjustable timing (so stupid... lol).

However, i am wondeirng what the motor is like myself, they should be silly fast. I just wish they would be available BEFORE the race so I could figure out what the motor likes reguarind springs, brushes, etc... (although I doubt i will be timing the brushes, lol).
Old 10-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So this motor had adjustable timing?

I though it would have to have a small lock on it to stop the timing adjustment.

If it dosn't, how would it still be considered a stock motor?
Old 10-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: EPIC Binary Stock motor

Originally posted by rayhuang

Can anyone build one out of there BInary 19 turn motor (drop in a 27t arm) and report the speed??

Thanks,
Ray Huang
We are doing just that tonite , spring and brush s , track testing it , etc.
Bob
Old 10-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Tom
Tech Regular

your wasting your time with 19t can. Its a monster stock with 4 mags.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The can isnt actually a bad idea as long as you have a monster stock arm. Since you can achieve the correct timing and do some testing to get an idea of how fast it will be, but I assume very. Should be interesting...
Old 10-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rcracingkid
If it dosn't, how would it still be considered a stock motor?
Who cares if it has adjustable timing, fact is, its not a stcok motor.

Best bet to find out how it runs might be to cut the timing notch off a monster, and time it up to 36 degrees.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Since a Monster Stock motor has two flat keyed in sections you will not be advancing the timing on that unit anytime soon. Your best bet is getting the Epic Binary quad mag 19T as I bet that is the same can with an Monster stock arm in it.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

from the pic the magnets on each side are of different sizes, maybe it's to advance the timing or something similar, very interesting
Old 10-14-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I wonder how it will run...most likely more RPM, but will there be a significant loss of torque?
Old 10-14-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Doenst this thing have bushings? So to put a stock arm in a 19T can wouldnt really be indicative. Best bet might be to compare a D5 with a Binary, and see where the differences are. Then account for the difference in timing, and you get a clearer picture.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't see how this stock motor will be any different then any other EPIC motor to set up. Plus trying to get an idea of how a motor that is not even made yet works its just asking for too many variables. There is no way to know how or what this motor will be like when we get our hands on it....it still might change 20 times by then you never know. But I would think that you could start like you would and other EPIC stock motor. I mean if you know how to tune a monster I would think that the same things would be worth trying once you get one of these. And if there is some magical combo of brushes and what not you wont really know until you get the finished product.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RC Paperboy
Doenst this thing have bushings? So to put a stock arm in a 19T can wouldnt really be indicative. Best bet might be to compare a D5 with a Binary, and see where the differences are. Then account for the difference in timing, and you get a clearer picture.

Epic does have their spec can for 19T in quad mag, yes it is bearing raced but couldn't you just replace them with bushings? The only thing unkown is if that new can with "timed magnets" is the same for the 19T. Like the others said, kinda pointless as the motor that is going to be used could and most likely will have way different characteristics anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.