R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #91
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

There is a thriving 1/10th pan car class in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. Check out the "Other Classes' forum here for their thread to see what I mean.

What's funny is, now that we are racing touring sedans on foam tires indoors all over the place, why don't we just go back to pan cars? They are faster and in many cases less complicated, and cheaper for people to get into.

Oh, wait, I don't want to start that debate.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:30 PM   #92
Tech Addict

if associated wanted to test the market for 4wd buggies they could import the german kit that their factory guys are running. they would sell more tc3's for conversion and be able to see if it will take off.
Racin Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:44 PM   #93
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by Racin Rev
if associated wanted to test the market for 4wd buggies they could import the german kit that their factory guys are running. they would sell more tc3's for conversion and be able to see if it will take off.
Just a FYI, the Durango is expensive. Over $1000 from what I have been told.

The TC3-O Conversion is not cheap either. TC3 kit + the conversion kit.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #94
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

The TC3-O, while it looks nice, it's just not a very competitive buggy at all. The Durango is an amazing piece of work but for $1100, not a chance.

Someone on the boards from AE said if AE does something, they do it right, so they would engineer a purpose-built 4wd buggy from the ground up rather than releasing a TC3 conversion kit.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:49 AM   #95
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
There is a thriving 1/10th pan car class in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. Check out the "Other Classes' forum here for their thread to see what I mean.

What's funny is, now that we are racing touring sedans on foam tires indoors all over the place, why don't we just go back to pan cars? They are faster and in many cases less complicated, and cheaper for people to get into.

....its a conspiracy I'm telling ya amongst the RC car manufactures....more parts equals more money

I'm fighting the system myself by refusing to run sedans on carpet...a true carpet car is a PAN car
Lowrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:31 AM   #96
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to nizee
Default Hobby Show Reports & Pictures ?

Are those reports and Pictures ready yet?
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:41 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal

alot faster. a 1/10 pan car with 6 cells and a mod motor is insanely fast. i only need 4 cells to keep up with 6 cell TC,s. but its all about the money, pan cars dont break enough for the manufacturers to make any money on parts
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #98
Tech Adept

Default Re: Hobby Show Reports & Pictures ?

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
Are those reports and Pictures ready yet?
I second that!!
FAST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #99
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to TOADYY

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
julio they stiil make the yrx 12 i have been racing it for the last sixmonths in ssg format the cars are being raced world wide and as of this moment there are six of them alone racing here in florida .
the yrx 10 is now known as the yrx 2000
and are raced in europe and asia in the pro 10 classes , these cars are still popular
abroud with 12 scale gaining popularity here state side.
Yokomo also made a 2002 version of the YRX-2000P. But they only made 3 of them. So the YRX-2002 is unobtainable. Yokomo USA has the YRX-2000P in stock. You can buy it for about $250. I have one of the YRX-2000P's that I race every week-end. Let me tell you....this car drives ssssoooo smooth it has really made me a better driver compared to my Trinity SB10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yrx-2002.jpg (21.3 KB, 471 views)

"Pro 10, the only way to fly around the track!"
TOADYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 04:44 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowrance
....its a conspiracy I'm telling ya amongst the RC car manufactures....more parts equals more money

I'm fighting the system myself by refusing to run sedans on carpet...a true carpet car is a PAN car

YEAH...you show'em!!! I can just hear it now!!! (big cheese at Associated Electronics) 'DAMN, we beeter design a new pro10 car, this guy is revolting!!!"

They don't make 'em cause not many people want 'em.... that is the only reason..... and the 3-4 people you may race with on a weekly basis don't make up the entire market!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #101
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to TOADYY

I race my 1/10 pan car with about 10 people weekly sometimes more. We have had weekly pan cars races for 5+ yrs at my track. There are still alot of people scattered about that do race there pan cars. We have even had a class at the NORRCA Nat's for the past 4yrs. I think if the manufactures would promote the cars and have there factory drivers race them they could be more popular.

"Pro 10, the only way to fly around the track!"
TOADYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm not saying that they aren't cool or fun... however my first piont is that nobody really cares if 1 guy won't race touring on carpet....

Also as seen with their 1/12th cars most major companies just won't get away from "what has worked in the past" when it comes to pancars..... that is left up to smaller companies like CRC or Speedmerchant.... So basiclally if you take an old graphite 10L, place the L3 pod on it with the reactive caster front end and a bunch of useless blue junk on it you get what would be the RC10L4..... sorry, but that's the truth!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:32 PM   #103
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
YEAH...you show'em!!! I can just hear it now!!! (big cheese at Associated Electronics) 'DAMN, we beeter design a new pro10 car, this guy is revolting!!!"

They don't make 'em cause not many people want 'em.... that is the only reason..... and the 3-4 people you may race with on a weekly basis don't make up the entire market!!!!
you know as well as i do that if the factory team drivers all tossed their TC's in the garbage and started running pro10, than every one from Manhattan to L.A. WOULD want them,but thats not going to happen.why? $$$ it does not make financial sense. i am not a believer in consiracy theorys, and i dont think that TC's are bad thing, but it is clear why one is promoted and the other is not. pan cars are simple, they dont have many parts to begin with,and the ones they do have dont break often. the pro10 technology has gone about as far as they can take it, so there probably is not much of a market for "hop ups" and other useless blue stuff. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:48 PM   #104
Tech Adept

Man, racers are fickel. I remember the arugements for touring cars "You can just throw them down and run them" "you don't have to worry about chunking tires" "you can run the kit tires" "you don't need to carry a tire truer to the track" "You don't have to worry about the tire of the month or exitioc(sp) compounds" "you can throw the car into the corners" "When is T.A going to release a touring car??" Associated didn't release the TC3 till 98'. The touring car class started out as a parking lot fun run class, I remember a guy telling me he spent less on his touring car than he did on his pan car. It's just like with anything once a bunch of people start running them the class gets more and more compitive(sp) ( T-MAXX ,MICRO) its a natural evlotion (man I can't spell) Don't get me wrong pan cars are alot of fun to drive, I like to drive them.
sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 01:00 AM   #105
Tech Master

Just wondering where can I see some of the pix at the expo? Futureal? Is it going to be event coverage page? if so, when is it going to be up?

Thanks
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote