tested the buggy and is really happy with it. the shocks on this
was aluminum. with beefier shocktowers and other features
they were pointing out too me.

Old 09-15-2003, 01:27 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Once again that is the car that was released in Japan, the one we got over here was crap... I hope they do release their good offroad buggy over here, get more interest in the class.
The MR4-BC SP is the one the released in Japan.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #78
Tech Addict

I fail to see why yok having a 4wd would prevent associated from developing one. after all yok has a tc and ae has a tc. what's the difference?
Racin Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Default Re: 1 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Nexus
1 more...
The blue color is cool. I wonder if they have red!
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #80
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I honestly think that it doesn't make economic sense for Associated to develop a 4WD buggy. Given the costs associated, both in R&D and staff/driver time, how many units are they realistically going to sell?

In the US market, they would be entering a class for the first time that has been dominated by Losi for a long time. Even if you assumed success on varying levels, they would be lucky to get a 25% share in the first couple of years. Given that 4WD buggy is not in the Top 3 or perhaps even Top 5 most popular off-road racing classes -- those likely being some combination of electric stadium trucks, nitro stadium trucks, electric buggies and nitro eighth scale buggies -- where are their purchasers going to be coming from?

In the foreign market, they would be entering a class with many other competing companies -- Losi, Yokomo, Schumacher and others -- and lacking a stable race team to promote the product, since many of their international drivers also run for Yokomo. If they pushed the product very, very heavily, and were able to win major events with it, they could likely establish a 15-20% market share at best.

Given all of that, are they going to make any money off such a kit? Maybe a little bit. But could they make more money by pouring their resources into another project or project(s)? Probably.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:02 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I agree with futureal. For as long as I can remember in offroad Yokomo drivers drive Associated 2wd buggies and Associated drivers drive Yokomo 4wd buggies. They would really be trying to play catchup with Losi, Yokomo, Schumacher etc... They would be better off continuing to put their effort into other areas as evidient with the new B4 and T4.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

If AE makes a 4wd Buggy they will loose there Yokomo Motor can!!!!!! The BC SP is AWESOME!!!! Saw it run at the tiltyard. Mark Pavidis drove it in practice and was VERY fast. He could have won 4Wheel with that buggy!
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:28 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Quote:
RC Old Man wrote: If AE makes a 4wd Buggy they will loose there Yokomo Motor can!!!!!!
If that were the case, they would have lost it when they released the TC3.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:31 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Not true, when the AE/Yokomo agreement begain there was no touring car. So it was not a clause in the contract.
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 08:01 PM   #85
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Any pics coming ?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 08:07 PM   #86
Tech Addict

Hope so
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 08:41 PM   #87
R/C Tech Founder

Someday
Old 09-15-2003, 10:14 PM   #88
Tech Regular

Quote:
RC Old Man wrote:Not true, when the AE/Yokomo agreement begain there was no touring car. So it was not a clause in the contract.
True, but Associated had the RC12L and RC10L, and Yokomo wound up making their own 10th and 12th scale cars (The YRX-10, which has since been discontinued, and the YRX-12)... with some Associated parts, no less. I think it's safe to say that any REAL agreement they had ended when Associated stopped distributing Yokomo products. I believe that the motor parts deal is separate, as is the the deal for Yokomo to be using Associated on-road parts.

They've been a great business partnership for some fifteen years now... Of course they are going to continue doing business with one another. I'm not splitting hairs (or ranting and raving for that matter ), I just don't think that there's a clause somewhere that says "Associated may not produce a 4WD buggy". I share the same opinion that most people here do, they just plain ol' don't want to make one .

Maybe they are right, and a market for 4WD is not feasible... but, if you think like most people here... what would happen if all of a sudden, there was ANOTHER class for Losi and AE to battle for dominance here in the States? Things would get interesting VERY quickly!

Start a thread called "Which is Better - B4 or XXX", sit back, and enjoy the show !!!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:36 AM   #89
Tech Elite

julio they stiil make the yrx 12 i have been racing it for the last sixmonths in ssg format the cars are being raced world wide and as of this moment there are six of them alone racing here in florida .
the yrx 10 is now known as the yrx 2000
and are raced in europe and asia in the pro 10 classes , these cars are still popular
abroud with 12 scale gaining popularity here state side.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:38 PM   #90
Tech Regular

I know that the YRX-12 is still around (and being sold here in the States no less)... I didn't know that that the 10 was replaced by another model...

Kinda makes you wonder, if they're racing these everywhere else in the world, why did IFMAR kill the 10th pan class?

(BTW, my 10L is still in the closet, waiting for 10th scale pan to make a comeback! )