R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-14-2003, 07:50 AM   #46
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Racin Rev
1. I never even heard of a yok electric buggy. the ae drivers in 4wd are driving some sort of small time hybred chassies (which seems to do quite well).

Hi there
Erh, you sure you never heard of the Yokomo MR4BC? Or how about the MX4? I dun think they sell it in the States but that dun mean they dun exist :P

But you are right abt the AE drivers, they seem to favor running the Durago (German buggy conversion of the TC3).

Cheers
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:45 AM   #47
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Sorry about the lack of pics, I am back working on it right now. I got sidetracked with the rest of the site and that whole thing with Big Jim. Luckily the truth came out in the end and -- surprise -- I wasn't lying after all. Go figure.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:51 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Sorry about the lack of pics, I am back working on it right now. I got sidetracked with the rest of the site and that whole thing with Big Jim. Luckily the truth came out in the end and -- surprise -- I wasn't lying after all. Go figure.
Shane, what doyou mean? That there "was" a cobalt? Explain.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 10:06 AM   #49
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Racin Rev
1. I never even heard of a yok electric buggy. the ae drivers in 4wd are driving some sort of small time hybred chassies (which seems to do quite well).

2. associated/reedy routienely denies the existance of anything which they havn't announced is ready for release, like the cobalt motor or the 1/8 scale which is in development.

more pictures please shane.
Yokomo has made off-road buggies for longer than the 9 years I've been racing... The problem is that their MR4-BC release was a piece of junk basically, more of a toy than a racing buggy. They have a hot buggy avalible in Japan though, and it propably wouldn't be too hard to get over here. Steve at SpeedTech would be the first person I'd contact if you wanted to try and get the buggy.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 10:21 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
. They have a hot buggy avalible in Japan though, and it propably wouldn't be too hard to get over here. Steve at SpeedTech would be the first person I'd contact if you wanted to try and get the buggy. [/B]
Hi there
You talking about the MX4?
Last I checked, it was only released in very small quantity and only thru YMP in Japan. The price I believe was astronomical

Cheers
Old 09-14-2003, 10:24 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Randman :
Check out this link
http://teamyokomo.com/ymp/pastproducts/index.html

the MX4 Millenium is listed at 65 000 yen !!!!!!!!

Cheers
Old 09-14-2003, 12:20 PM   #52
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NightKidZ
Randman :
Check out this link
http://teamyokomo.com/ymp/pastproducts/index.html

the MX4 Millenium is listed at 65 000 yen !!!!!!!!

Cheers
It is listed at 65000 yen, but look at the side of an Associated vehicle's box, they are listed at around 400...
Hobby shops sell them much cheaper than the manufacturers list price.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:38 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Mini xxxt vid

Here's a link to Losi's vid. http://www.teamlosi.com/Videos/minit3.wmv

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:56 PM   #54
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Randman, that "MR4 BC piece of junk" has won many races recently in Europe and Japan and most of the Associated guys will be running them at the worlds next month.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:34 PM   #55
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Everything that I've heard about the MR4BC indicated that it was quite a capable buggy. You just don't see it much in the USA because 4WD buggy racing in the US is either (a) dominated by the Losi chassis or (b) somewhat nonexistant, depending on your location.

AE has always had a partnership with Yokomo when it comes to 4WD buggy racing. That dates back to the early 80s as far as I know.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #56
The Evicerator

Ever hear the expression: "The empty can wrattles the most"?
Old 09-14-2003, 02:33 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default AE/Yokomo

Futureal,

I believe AE and Yokomo's relationship started around (roughly)1988 or so, prior to that Yokomo was being imported by Losi. Does anyone remember the RPS Yokomo Dogfighter. RPS = Ranch Pit Shop. Losi also used to import Serpent gas cars.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:29 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Quote:
Randman wrote:I dont know why people want AE to make a 4wd buggy so badly, if people wanted them enough, they would buy the XXX4, then AE would see that there's a market for them and make one to compete...
That's because AE/Losi are the Ford/Chevy of the industry. It seems that a lot of people wouldn't be caught dead driving the other; thus, if AE doesn't have a 4WD car, they'll just drive 2WD truck as a second class instead.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:38 PM   #59
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TurnNBurn
That's because AE/Losi are the Ford/Chevy of the industry. It seems that a lot of people wouldn't be caught dead driving the other; thus, if AE doesn't have a 4WD car, they'll just drive 2WD truck as a second class instead.
"Worst reason ever", says the New York Times. Ebert and Roebert give that reason two thumbs down. TV Guide says, "Better to be good in a few classes than crappy in all of them"

RC Paperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 07:17 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I dont know why people want AE to make a 4wd buggy so badly, if people wanted them enough, they would buy the XXX4, then AE would see that there's a market for them and make one to compete...
Right now most do not want to buy a car that break’s almost ever run and still brakes to much in the Pro hands too.

Right now I know a lot of people who would put their money down to buy an AE 4wd, but do not want to waste good money fowling you idea on buying an XXX-4. Now that Yokomo USA going to bring in the MR4-BC SP and if Schumacher get off they butt and get some good driver here in the US to race there car and to work on parts support they would take a bit out of the XXX-4 hold on the US 4wd market.

I know in my area there going to be 6 picking up new kits and convert over some of they Yokomo MR4-TC to run off road.

____

Now

I can not wait to try the new V2 motor from team-orion.
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote