Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New JACO World GT spec tire >

New JACO World GT spec tire

New JACO World GT spec tire

Old 03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I busted a front hub out once Kelley, and I cracked a rim this weekend. It was rough out there with the increased speed and traction that some drivers aren't accustomed to. When we have more drivers on the carpet it seems to happen more. I think the smaller wheels of the 12th sized rims make them a little more rigid.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Anyone having issues with the front wheels breaking? Or the Carbon Fiber paint flaking off?

I've never broke any of the Jaco Prism 1/12 wheels, and rarely crack the inside edge of the wheel. Is the plastic between the white plastic used on the 1/12 wheel different from the black on the 1/10 WGT wheels?
I saw two different people break fronts this past Sunday.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
In general, the CRC spec wheel/tires have held up better for me than the Jacos; but, the Jacos offer slightly more grip on low traction carpet tracks.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Yeah, that's what I was looking for. People ARE breaking these wheels, and something needs to be done if we don't want people to start complaining about the cost of Foam Tires again like we did in Sedan. These foam on these tires have good longevity for WGT, but at this rate, we will stangely go through front 1.5-times faster than rear tires.

This past weekend, I know that at least three people broke front wheels. I've not broke any yet, I run a huge front bumper like I did in Sedan to protect the wheel from bad impacts.

Strangely, I don't recall any of the JACO white plastic 1/10 Sedan Prism wheels breaking, they just bend a little, get a warp, etc... but never break like the Front WGT Spec Wheels have been.

JACO's Jack Rimer - Are you listening?
Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, I am listening. This is the first I have heard of this....and this wheel has been on the market for about 8 years. We use the same plastic on this wheel as on the 1/12, sedan, and our nitro wheels. None of these have any breakage issues. Perhaps the process that applies the carbon coating somehow weakens the plastic (although I doubt it). We will look into this and explore adding material to the wheel to beef it up too.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Yes, I am listening. This is the first I have heard of this....and this wheel has been on the market for about 8 years. We use the same plastic on this wheel as on the 1/12, sedan, and our nitro wheels. None of these have any breakage issues. Perhaps the process that applies the carbon coating somehow weakens the plastic (although I doubt it). We will look into this and explore adding material to the wheel to beef it up too.
It is the first I heard of this as well. I usually do not slam into walls much with my Gen X 10, so I wouldn't know about breaking rims. I know when I brush against them sometimes, the carbon paint chips and breaks off. Then I get to see the black plastic.

Other than that, great quality tires. I am still using my same set after 2 weeks. After another run or two, I will need to get new foams. This is definitely quality. I wish 8th scale nitro foams had this kind of quality. oof!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
In general, the CRC spec wheel/tires have held up better for me than the Jacos; but, the Jacos offer slightly more grip on low traction carpet tracks.
Everytime I run CRC/BSR they split at the purple/blue seam and it usually wears different than the black foam around it. They also peel off the rim on the fronts easier.

EA
Old 03-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Yeah, that's what I was looking for. People ARE breaking these wheels, and something needs to be done if we don't want people to start complaining about the cost of Foam Tires again like we did in Sedan. These foam on these tires have good longevity for WGT, but at this rate, we will stangely go through front 1.5-times faster than rear tires.

This past weekend, I know that at least three people broke front wheels. I've not broke any yet, I run a huge front bumper like I did in Sedan to protect the wheel from bad impacts.

Strangely, I don't recall any of the JACO white plastic 1/10 Sedan Prism wheels breaking, they just bend a little, get a warp, etc... but never break like the Front WGT Spec Wheels have been.

JACO's Jack Rimer - Are you listening?

Maybe it the layout you guys are running if 3 people had the isuse at one track, I been able to run the tire all the way down to the rim withpout ant isuse. Also seen people running 13.5 Lipo on the track and hitting things left and right and have not seen any Jaco's brake. How many people hit the high speed s part and broke there tires.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Tim - I would agree with you, but it happened to a few on the last track layout too. I know we have had Larry, Andrew, Gary, and Jeff all break wheels, and I'm sure others too.

Personally, so far I have run a new set every weekend over the last 3-weeks, but I'm about to start rotating through the sets each weekend to get more time and races on them. Time will tell.

Fortunately, I think I have been slightly more protected from the big bumper and width from the Corvette body, as it overhangs the front wheels by 1/2" to 3/4", BUT I have managed to warp at least one front wheel out of every set, and caused the carbon fiber mask to flake off a little.

Last edited by kn7671; 03-03-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Everytime I run CRC/BSR they split at the purple/blue seam and it usually wears different than the black foam around it. They also peel off the rim on the fronts easier.

EA
Hi EA (Eric),

My experience is totally different. Have used either CRC or Jacos fairly equally over the past 6 months (since .

Definitely no split in my CRC colored seams; nor, anyone else here. My front Jacos are usually reglued for 33-50% of their circumference by the end of their first day of racing; but, gluing has not been necessary on CRC fronts. Have not been breaking either suppliers wheels; but, I have a modified Manutech bumper with CRC foam added to ward off the big hits.

We are using Paragon additive at all tracks in NorCal. Not sure what you are using.

Bill
Old 03-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have had some sporadic breakage here,both front and rear, but the rims/tires have seen some heavy hits before failure. Nothing that I would raise question to the product reliability though.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Hi EA (Eric),

My experience is totally different. Have used either CRC or Jacos fairly equally over the past 6 months (since .

Definitely no split in my CRC colored seams; nor, anyone else here. My front Jacos are usually reglued for 33-50% of their circumference by the end of their first day of racing; but, gluing has not been necessary on CRC fronts. Have not been breaking either suppliers wheels; but, I have a modified Manutech bumper with CRC foam added to ward off the big hits.

We are using Paragon additive at all tracks in NorCal. Not sure what you are using.

Bill
Is the regluing needed as a result of chunking or a clean release from the wheel? If it is the latter, I want to see the tires. If you have anything coming unglued (not chunked) please PM me and we will arrange to get the tires in here for evaluation. Also, anyone who has any broken wheels, please feel free to send one in so I can examine where any potential weaknesses are.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Is the regluing needed as a result of chunking or a clean release from the wheel? If it is the latter, I want to see the tires. If you have anything coming unglued (not chunked) please PM me and we will arrange to get the tires in here for evaluation. Also, anyone who has any broken wheels, please feel free to send one in so I can examine where any potential weaknesses are.
Hi Jack,

I see your mailing address on the packaging. Will be able to send a couple unglued samples in a few days...Sorry; but, I have been just tossing them to this point.

Again, I have had no issues with any of the GT10 spec wheels.

Bill
Old 12-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Here are the particulars:
JAC2100- Front control tire (Lilac) $16.00pr retail
JAC2110- Rear control tire (Lilac) $20.00pr retail

I would estimate the street price for a set of four tires to run around $28-$32. We are trying to keep the cost as low as possible to help the class grow.

In addition, we will not be including these tires in our regular sponsorship package. In other words, no JACO team drivers will be getting these tires free. This eliminates the possibility of someone showing up with unlimited tires and running a new set every run. We don't want to kill the class before it even gets off the ground.
They are 37 shore?
So front and rear the same shore?
Are these tires any good on asphalt? Both front and rear the same 37 shore.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kensei
They are 37 shore?
So front and rear the same shore?
Are these tires any good on asphalt? Both front and rear the same 37 shore.
Kensei,

I run WGT on both carpet and asphalt all throughout the year and can assure you that the 37 shore spec tires (by JACO/CRC/BSR) work quite well for both situations.

After over two years of running WGT, I have only been to one asphalt track that was "sealed" where the spec rears did not work well; so, we used pink rears there.

I am believing that JACO will have a new WGT tire available soon. In the mean time, I am using the WGT Spec Tires available from either CRC or BSR.

Bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.