R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Need suggestions for new category "Superstock"

Hello, the title is simple and clear, I would like to hear some suggestions from drivers in the categories of stocks, to write a foundation for a new category in the TC, here for next year.

Here, stock categories are not popular, running only mod, I have proposed a new category of stocks or Superstock, I think that in Lipos, with a 9.5 specification, the tyres do not know whether the use of foam, rubber or both, the tracks are all outdoors, asphalt and long straights.

Experiencies with stock motors in TC, with lipos, etc. ... are apreciate.

Greetings, Luis C.

Last edited by luic; 08-31-2008 at 03:43 PM.
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
Hello, the title is simple and clear,

not really
Old 08-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
Hello, the title is simple and clear, I would like to hear some suggestions from drivers in the categories of stocks, to write a foundation for a new category in the TC, here for next year.

Here, stock categories are not popular, running only mod, I have proposed a new category of stocks or Superstock, I think that in Lipos, with a 9.5 specification, the tyres do not know whether the use of foam, rubber or both, the tracks are all outdoors, asphalt and long straights.

Experiencies with stock motors in TC, with lipos, etc. ... are apreciate.

Greetings, Luis C.
why not use the ROAR rules for 13.5?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
Tech Elite

The last thing the world needs is ANOTHER stock class.

There are already established 10.5 and 13.5 motor classes, we don't need a range of 9.5s too!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Oh, ok sorry, my english is not good, are not well explained.
Is for new category here in Spain, the tracks here, are 1/8th scale tracks, fine for a 1/10 Touring gas, and TC electric with mods motors are a litle longs, is there some "free" categories, with Lipos and Mods motors, with foam.
But i think in a unique categorie, interesting for all drivers, mod and free.
Here, electrics are not very popular, I would like to unite the majority of drivers, without eliminating other categories, creating a new category, such as BRCA.
I have already download the rules BRCA and ROAR, and I'm reading, slowly

I think that 13.5 or 10.5, are a bit small, some drivers, even proposing 7.5, with lipos, so ask for suggestions, from other drivers that you are accustomed to running in stock.

Sorry for any inconvenience, greetings.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Any hotter than a 10.5 and it stops being a "stock" class, people will need high-capacity cells and high end electrics to race.

For me, stock class is fundamentally about a low starting cost and controllable speeds.

If people want speed there is open class for that.

10.5/19T still produces great racing outdoors, even if the cars are slower on the straights, there are still plenty of corners, and the skill of maintaining momentum is crucial.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Any hotter than a 10.5 and it stops being a "stock" class, people will need high-capacity cells and high end electrics to race.

For me, stock class is fundamentally about a low starting cost and controllable speeds.

If people want speed there is open class for that.

10.5/19T still produces great racing outdoors, even if the cars are slower on the straights, there are still plenty of corners, and the skill of maintaining momentum is crucial.
I agree, even on a big track, for a stock "type" class, I wouldn't want to go any hotter than a 10.5 brushless or 19 turn brushed motors(& keep in mind, that those motors today are as powerful as 12-13 turn motors were some 5-7 years ago). As sosidge said, beyond that, you'd really have to start using the best batteries & electronics just to make run time, & the whole point of a "stock" class is to create a slower, level playing field for the drivers....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Hi Luic, nice to see you in here.... if you need any help just tell me... And yeah Im the same Juanch in CochesRC jejejeje
SAludos!

"Mas que un hobby, un estilo de vida. Algo que corre en los circuitos de mis venas"
.....ChOoJuAaAnNnn, Sebastian, Juancho... como quieran XD.... o Sebastian Oviedooo...
Juanchoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Your track should pretty much do what is practical for your track.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #10
Tech Adept

Thanks for all inputs, hello Juan กกก , i think in the same way, create a level entry category, with more fun for a people with less economy level, less experiencie, ... and for experienced drivers who like to drive and teach.

But here there is a lot of drivers with lipos and hoters engines, (4.5,4.0,3.5 ,...), with one thing in mind, the sensation of speed, the decision is difficult.

This weekend we have a reunion, for talk about this theme, and for race... is possible i think to test, differents motors.

Thanks again, Luis C.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
the whole point of a "stock" class is to create a slower, level playing field for the drivers....
really? to steal a movie quote " theres nothing stock about a stock car"

stock has always meant top of the line everything out here in the northwest, just look at ANY major race and see whos entered in 'stock'.

i think what is being asked is, they have some time to kill between classes to and to fill out the day of racing they are trying to come up with a electric class for the guys to run. super stock is just a name they are using without actually using a 'stock' or 'superstock' motor.

so i would think on a fairly large track, 9.5 or 7.5 with lipo on foams would be a blast.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to afonsospt

Hi Greetings from Portugal

This 2008 season was the first with 9.5 stock class for us also.
We use 9.5 bl motors,7.4 5000mah(max)lipo batterys and rubber tyres.
This 9.5 motors can deliver around 300W on 7.4 which has pretty decent speeds for most big tracks we have here also.
On smaller tracks times arent much diferent than mod class.
Runtimes never have been an issue on 5min.Even on big tracks drivers claim that theres around 2000mah left on pack.

Next weekend will be 5th and last leg of our season and all are to be decided for stock and mod classes on this final leg.

You may check our rules at www.fepra-portugal.com , but I believe there will be some adjustments to be made for 2009,Like minimun weight,allowed lipos.

I believe the most important goal has been achived because several new drivers came to this class.Mainly because its less expensive than mod and pretty fun as well.
2008 had most electric drivers than previous years,thanks to this new stock class.
afonsospt is offline   Reply With Quote