R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2002, 11:55 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Both wrong..... It will say Apex inside!! Apex has been using this case for years...... way before they had contracts to built chargers for Duratrax and Integy!!!!!
Actually Your wrong also!!! APEX also buys from the OEM Manufacturer as well!!!
rto997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 11:58 PM   #17
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rto997

Apex chargers made in Hong Kong or even China. It makes charger and discharger for orion, kyosho and some european RC companies.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:28 AM   #18
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

Apex chargers made in Hong Kong or even China. It makes charger and discharger for orion, kyosho and some european RC companies.
Rock on Manticore and Tres...... at less we've been around long enough to know better!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:32 AM   #19
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by rto997

Would you care to enlighten us as to who the OEM is???????????????????
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 08:48 PM   #20
Tech Adept

could any one ad to the mrc and the duratrax intellipeak deluxe. i have decided on either one.
was ist los? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:22 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by was ist los?
could any one ad to the mrc and the duratrax intellipeak deluxe. i have decided on either one.
i guess you mean our experiences with them...

MRC: lots of false peaks, runs very hot, overheated on a race day that required batteries to be charged one after the other.

Intellipak deluxe: no problems, runs very cool with the dual fans. I can run mine all day on race day (8+ hours) charging battery after battery. digital readout so that i know when the battery is fully charged up, or if i happened to false peak (which never happens with my team orion 2400s, but occasionally happens with my 3000 packs)

I hope this helps
Modena AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 07:56 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i like the mrc charger because of the voltage threshold and display but my friend has one and has to keep a fan on it at all times because it caught on fire while charging, but it still works but it gets very hot so i would go with the duratrax deluxe i have the mini duratrax and a 16x9 but the duratrax one works awsome for the moneyb and never false peaked.
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 11:12 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

I recently bought a Duratrax Intellipeak Digital and I like it alot... It has two cooling fans on the charger and one in the AC/DC power brick. I use it to charge my 1500, 1700's and 2400's and the built in MaH display is really convenient to see how the batteries are taking charge or whether they false peak, which isn't a big deal, just press the button again and it'll peak it right up. I haven't noticed too many false peaks yet...

Before this charger I was using an Hobbico 900 timer charger... I think my batteries started suffering because of this.. I hope my Intellipeak can bring them back to life... I've been cycling the batteries using 6 amp charge and 10 amp discharge and I've been noticing that the MaH reading has been increasing a little with every cycle..

-KS
KnightShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 05:54 AM   #24
Tech Adept

The best AC/DC is the INDI 16X9. If you are just starting out, get their 16X3 or 16X3-Pro, they have an excellent upgrade program and you can always trade-in your charger at a later date. Besides, their support is by far the best in the industry. If you go with Duratrax or the Apex, their cases might look the same but they've less features plus you can't upgrade. Chris Tosolini & Paul Wynn both use 16X5 & 16X9 at the triple crown.

Last edited by RickyIS300; 01-28-2002 at 06:09 AM.
RickyIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:04 PM   #25

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Cmotif
Default The only AC/DC Peak chargers that I would recommend

would have to be the Dynamite Vision Peak chargers. One will do both Ni Cad and NiMh, and the other just NiCad.

They come with FIVE year warranties, which is important, because my Duratrax Piranha, and MRC Superbrain, have had to go in TWICE each, and are now outside their warranty. I have never had to send in my Dynamite charger, and I used it HARD on race days.

In charge pack after pack after pack from 9:30 to 2:30 on race days, and never had have a false peak.

The cheaper one that I have, has LED display for what percentage of the pack has been charged. It has outputs for running your voltmeter, so you can check voltage while it is being charged. It sells for 39.95 through Horizon.

The more expensive one, has LCD digital display. It is the one that does Nimh.

I can't stress warranty enough. Obviously, they think that their product is race tough, if they give it a full five year warranty.

Cmotif <><
International Racing Team Member #18
IRT Established: 1999

Everything About You -- Sanctus Real

www.dontblamejesus.com
Cmotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 04:01 PM   #26
Tech Adept

i just got the intellipeak deluxe. what is the most amps it can charge on ac
Old 02-02-2002, 05:32 PM   #27
Tech Master

I think 6.5 Amps
Modena AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 06:23 PM   #28
Tech Adept

thanks modena al
Old 02-03-2002, 08:24 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

Default also getting a charger....

I'm also getting a charger, but not neccesarily one that has an AC input. (getting a hold of a 12v power supply is easy for me.)

I was kind of focused on the Novak millenium for a while, but now i'm not so sure. The integy 12x3 and12x5 seem like a good chargers also.

Please correct me if i'm wrong here, but these are the main differances I see.

Millenium: no discharge
12x3: discharge up to 4 amps
12x5: discharge up to 20 amps

Is the 12x5 really worth all the extra money, especially since i'm going to have to get a power supply with it also? I plan on running NiMH only, so do I even need a discharger?
I'm realy just trying to get the most for my money here. I don't mind spending $200 on a charger, and $50 on a power supply if I can feel comfortable knowing I got my money's worth.

Thanks in advance for the help
Zwierdo
Zwierdo is offline   Reply With Quote