R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default VENOM PRO BL ESC 120A

seen one of this in a hobby store. it looks like a speed passion esc and it comes w/ a program card too. anybody here owns one? any feedback will be a appreciated.
rowveg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowveg36 View Post
seen one of this in a hobby store. it looks like a speed passion esc and it comes w/ a program card too. anybody here owns one? any feedback will be a appreciated.
Yep, I have 2 of them. Running a 10.5 in my tourer which has been faultless. Also a 6.5 in offroad. It is very similar to the Speedpassion, maybe the same as you suggested. The programming card makes adjustments a breeze.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hobbywing is the manufacturer and I have the Xerun 120A. I like it a lot. I'm not racing, but I did some speed runs with my TC3 and it went 65mph with 2S lipos. The 120A ESC is doing a fine job.
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I love mine, ran it with a 13.5 with full timing on the esc and the motor and geared pretty low and after a 10min run the heat sink was still cool to the touch. Programming is a joy also not have to listen for beeps or carry a laptop around with me. I already bring too much crap on racedays LOL
Durango Dex210--Futaba--Trakpower--Tacon 8.5
VenturaDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
okayplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaDC View Post
I love mine, ran it with a 13.5 with full timing on the esc and the motor and geared pretty low and after a 10min run the heat sink was still cool to the touch. Programming is a joy also not have to listen for beeps or carry a laptop around with me. I already bring too much crap on racedays LOL
Hi,

I'm hesitating between a SP GT 1.1 (already used - I was told 6 monthes but I don't know personally the sellerwho is selling it to me in with 6.5T SP motor for 190$) and the Venom 120A + 6.5T (nib 190$ on ebay).

The Venom is much more cheaper... but can I update it or may I'm missing some key options...?

I plan to run 2S lipos on 6.5T => 9.5T ... on a XRAY T2 009. I already spent lots of money so I plan to shorten my belt ....

Just want to be sure that I'm not saving some 50$ ... for nothing.

Many thanks, any feedback is really helpful

Cťdric
Old 08-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

Default VENOM PRO BL ESC 120A

I just got one of these over the weekend. I have been out of the RC light for a few years but always get sucked back in. I had a Novak GTB setup in my B4 but was uncomfortable running a Lipo in it. I have been so used to my 18th mamba and the castle link software to set every thing up. I donít like having to rely on blinking lights and beeps to tell me how my ESC is set up.
I was going to go with the 1/10th scale Castle set up, but wanted the finesse of a censored motor. Since this ESC runs both censored and sensor less I thought I would give it a try! I am glad I did. Setup was EZ as it could be. Donít have to lug around a laptop to make any changes, nor do I have to rely on blinking lights and beeps coming from the ESC. I am sure this isnít top of the line, but then again it isnít top dollar either. Now I am open to use almost any brushless motor that I want, with out having to buy and change ESC's.
prophet_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had 2, but sold 1, it seems to make my servo twitchy, and I found the sensor wire doesn't seem to be working. Anyone had the same problem?

I'm not using a venom motor BTW. Just testing them out with some LRP sensorred motors.