R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

VICTORY SIDE - that's awesome, I wish more places allowed for that...

This day and age (at least in CA) it seems all anyone thinks or cares about is $$$ and/or getting Sued.

To use the local school grounds, I have to provide them with insurance of $2,000,000.00 non aggregate liability coverage. Then they charge "per hour" to use the facility (We use about 5,000 sq. ft. of a 150,000 sq. ft. parking area.) Granted, we only pay $15.00 per hour, and they haven't been charging us for 'Setup and Tear down' time. (otherwise we'd be paying for roughly 10 hours a day, instead we pay for 5) Plus, they charge an additional $15.00 "non-refundable" processing fee when I submit an application for our race dates.

The use of the parking area does not give us use of the school restroom facilities (That would be approx another $30.00 per hour + custodian fees), so we rent a portable toilet unit for each race day (@ $92.00 a day)
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here in Las Vegas, our local Hobbytown (Sahara & Decatur) puts up a well-prepped (soda) parking lot track every two weeks. They charge $5 for your first class entry, and $3 for each additional. This class has two 4 minute heats, and one 5 minute main. Sometimes people get two 5-minute mains as the B-main winner moves up to the A-main.

All drivers must turn marshal the following race...

Racing typically goes from 5pm to 11pm (depending on turnout)...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

94eg,

Glad to hear "Parking Lot" Racing has been brought back to Vegas. That's a hard market to keep racing in for some reason.

YEARS ago I was over there and there was racing on the bottom floor in a multi-level parking structure..and that racing sparked the name for what became a race time I put together with a few friends (Team Underground Racing) They raced in the middle of the day and had what looked like a valet parking booth (about 6ft. x 6 ft.) little room as a trackside hobbyshop. The temeratures were very nice in there in the middle of summer (compared to being outdoors)

This would have been somewhere close to 20 years ago.
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
Crewman, where's your track located?
my outdoor track is bluediamond park in delaware

my indoor track is a small track that is barelly big enough for 1/12 scale. we have 0 indoor tracks in my area
CREWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side

Quote:
You're sponsored by Jesus!

That's a really nice track in your website photo.
Yeah it took us a while to get the track just right. But I am pumped about this upcoming season.

And yeah you could say HE sponsors us, but really its a great group that is growing and loves to race. A lot of racers that come are shocked when I say, Nope no money. Pit tables, chairs, extension cords are provided. Food and drink for a small fee.
I just wish we could get more guys to come out. Like I said its growing, but the more the merrier.
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #66
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

$10.00 first class $5.00 each additional class on carpet, weekly racing, 3 classes sept-oct untill april. Membership $30.00 yearly. Indoor on carpet self supporting club in rapid city sd, All classes are run what you bring tc, 12th scale, trucks.
hawk1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here in Oregon:

Amain Raceway- Indoor Offroad:
http://www.amainraceway.com/
1/18th Scale = $7
1/10th Scale Novice = $7
1/10th Scale = $12 First $8 Second

Practice Rates $4/hr or $12/day *Free on Race Days

RC Plus - Indoor onroad
www.rcplus.com
Race fees 7.50/class
Tue night racing at 7pm 2 heats and a main/ 5.00 class

Rose City Scale Racing - Outdoor onroad Primarily
http://www.rosecityscaleracing.com/
-Annual Membership fee is $30.00
-Race entree fee for club members is $8.00 for the first class and no charge for the second class [Members Only].
-Race entree for for non-club members is $15.00 and $8.00 each additional class.
-High school students that present a valid school id card for get a special discount. $5.00 for race entree

Those are just the tracks I could find info for.
Most of the tracks charge between $8-$15 for a class.

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
DISCLAIMER: My club is owned and operated 100% by its members, no hobby shop pays the bills, we have a 9000sqft indoor club that we somehow have kept for the past 4 years. Our prices reflect our costs to keep the doors open. If our membership grows our prices coudl drop. Bottom line we either use is or loose it.

Our club has 2 membership options:
a)12x $50 checks upfront
-12 month racing and practice all you can eat
-access to weekly racing year round,offroad,nitro,touring,12th. ect ect

b)100$ annual membership PAY AS YOU GO:
-indoor races $20
-indoor practice $15
-indoor crawling coming soon $15
-outdoor offroad 10$
-spec nitro 10$

You gotta pay to play
Quote:
If I showed up next week out of the blue with pit case in hand and a car in the other what would I pay to race a touring car?
Perhaps their members are permitted to sponsor visitors, they have special visitor days, or just charge extra. I can't speak for him, but Its a pay to play club only kind of like a golf club. If theres not enough people willing to pay in, they simply close their doors and then theres no place to race.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #69
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Plex in Omaha only charges $10 first class, $6 for second classes on Sundays and $8 and $5 on Wednesday nights.

Our Summer Series offroad races cost a little more. $15 and $10, but you get a little more at the end of the series.
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

East Texas RC Raceway in Whitehouse, Tx. Privately owned indoor carpet track running 3classes of TT 01's(novice,expert, mod) touring cars and Now spec Slash .
No hobby shop support, just two guys who want to provide a place for all to play.

First class $10.00 additional $7.00 with small payback depending on number per class.

Free Hot Dogs once a month.

Two point series 8 weeks w/ trophies

one $$$ race each October $35.00 entry fee $30.00 second class
$250.00 to win paying back 5 places

www.easttexasrc.com
4TH Annual Fall Cla$$ic: Mike's Hobby Shop November 12-14, 2010 www.easttexasrc.com www.mikeshobbyshop.com 17.5 Rubber Sedan, 13.5 Rubber Sedan, 17.5 1/12TH, 13.5 1/12TH, WORLD GT, stock sedan and SLASH
EXPRESS MOTORSPORTS : SCHUMACHER MI3 : ASSOCIATED 12R5 : ASSOCIATED 10R5 : TAMIYA TT 01 : LOSI XXXT-CR : LOSI BK : TRAXXAS SLASH : LOSI SLIDER : CUSTOM WORKS OUTLAW
steve crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #71
Tech Elite

You have a ton of kid racers in that group photo. That's great!
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkelley View Post
Perhaps their members are permitted to sponsor visitors, they have special visitor days, or just charge extra. I can't speak for him, but Its a pay to play club only kind of like a golf club. If theres not enough people willing to pay in, they simply close their doors and then theres no place to race.

Oh dont get me or us wrong. We are not a golf club or a members only club. We 100% welcome non-members. We simply charge 5$ extra.

Our membership fees are in place to pay the bills and nothing more. We found we could get more dedication if racers submitted annual checks for the year. In return there is 100% all you can race/practice access to the indoor club and any outdoor racing. Our pay as you go membership is there for people that cannot issue checks or simply dont think they can be as regular as others.

The cost is there to cover costs and hopefully remind our racers that they made a finacial investment or commitment to the club and encourage them to use the club... OR loose it. WE are month to month lease so we just need to bounce a few checks and where are gone!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #73
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Florida State on-road series (fseara) 25.00 for a 2 day event with 4 qualifiers and the mains. 7 races thru out the year at different tracks.

FCC. (Florida Carpet Challange) (4 races thru the year) 30.00 for 3 qualifers and a main (one day event), discount on second day of racing if you also run oval.

Snowbirds 85.00 for a whole week of carpet racing.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #74
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Embassy Raceway. Niles, MI. Track is on church property, we don't have to pay rent. $10.00 1st class, $5.00 each additional. We currently only race once a month. But the track still has not paid for itself, so we are considering more races next year. $2.00 for practice. ---Off Road---

Michiana Raceway. Mishawaka, IN. $13.00 1st class, $3.00 2nd class, $2.00 each additional. $5.00 for practice. ----Indoor On Road, Oval---
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Embassy Raceway. Niles, MI. Track is on church property, we don't have to pay rent. $10.00 1st class, $5.00 each additional. We currently only race once a month. But the track still has not paid for itself, so we are considering more races next year. $2.00 for practice. ---Off Road---

Michiana Raceway. Mishawaka, IN. $13.00 1st class, $3.00 2nd class, $2.00 each additional. $5.00 for practice. ----Indoor On Road, Oval---
That is the same for me lol

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote