Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to the hobby, forums, and car

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to the hobby, forums, and car

Hello everyone! I am new to this hobby....well let me say it's been a long time. I just bought an Exceed champion PRO and I am so far impressed with it. It is a very fast car espically for an electric. It has a brushless motor and ESC. The motor is a KV 3300 amd I am using a 7.2V NIMH 4200 battery to power it. I bought a Universal Smart charger for 4.8-10.8V Ni-MH batteries and it can charge in either 1A or 2A. I have been using the 2A to charge it. Any advice on charging times? I took about 3-4 hours to charge my battery the first time and I thought it was a bit fast. The charge lasted about 20-25 min. Thanks for your advice. I plan on getting ROAR license and racing at my local track it is called Norcal hobbies in union city CA.

Here are some pics of my ney hobby!

Last edited by Grimgard; 08-21-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:05 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

brushless? you sure its not just a 540 motor like it says on the box? did you change it out or somethin? i've never heard of this car honestly. hope u can find parts for it. i worry bout folks who buy non name-brand cars and gettin hosed on them b/c they cant get parts. ie if you break the pullstart on a nitro version, they make u buy an entire engine. or tell u the parts didnt come from china sorry.

hope you have better luck. 2amps is not enuff for nimh. 5-6a is more appropriate.

R
Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Hey! welcome to the boards. And to the world of RC racing. I've never heard of the company "Exceed". I hope your hobby shop carriers spare parts of that brand, because sooner or later you'er going to break something. Nice car though.

I race in sonoma county, so it's nice to have a fellow Norcaler on these forums.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
brushless? you sure its not just a 540 motor like it says on the box? did you change it out or somethin? i've never heard of this car honestly. hope u can find parts for it. i worry bout folks who buy non name-brand cars and gettin hosed on them b/c they cant get parts. ie if you break the pullstart on a nitro version, they make u buy an entire engine. or tell u the parts didnt come from china sorry.

hope you have better luck. 2amps is not enuff for nimh. 5-6a is more appropriate.

R
The motor is a KV 3300 brushless...the charger seems to do just fine. I got a 20-25 min run time out of it, is that normal?

The Champion will be available "Ready-To-Run" making it the highest on-road performance 4-wheel drive Electric Power racing car available to everybody
Completely preassembled with high quality radio gear, painted, trimmed and ready to roll
The new KV 3300 Brushless motor provides reliable and consistent power for high performance on-road driving
The 2.5mm lightweight aluminum alloy chassis provides excellent performance and durability
Excellent differential system design provides quick access to the front or rear differential by removing only few screws. You can now access the front and rear differential for easy maintenance
New lightweight suspension arms deliver quick suspension response and reduce the critical sprung weight and overall weight of the car
High capacity battery provides long run times
The high quality AM transmitter and receiver work together to let you precisely control your car.
http://www.nitrorcx.com/exrcchelbrve.html

Here is the charger I bought: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=3005

I'll take some pics of the car with out the shell when I get home.

Spare parts http://www.raidentech.com/sparepart51c22.html I think I made a wise purchase not to mention the car was under $200.00

Last edited by Grimgard; 08-21-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wasn't going to say it at first, but the after the second post.

Can't remember what it's called, something like stealth marketing, people come on forums act like users, but they are paid marketers.

that exactly like what this looks like to me, could be wrong.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TwoTone
I wasn't going to say it at first, but the after the second post.

Can't remember what it's called, something like stealth marketing, people come on forums act like users, but they are paid marketers.

that exactly like what this looks like to me, could be wrong.
lol I wish I owned my own RC company! or was paid to make fake posts all day. I am new to this hobby kinda had a RC carwhen I was in my teens I am 40 years old now.

I listed all my info because I wanted advice on my car and to know if I made a good purchase. You can call me the masked marketer from now on thanks
Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well that nitro rcx stuff is EVERYWHERE advertising. I even see it on myspace.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Well that nitro rcx stuff is EVERYWHERE advertising. I even see it on myspace.
Must be a new company. I found it by watching youtube videos of RC cars. Figured that was the best way to see them in action and make a educated choice as to what type of car to buy. I also here Associated nad HPI make good cars but were higher priced.

Also my car is not a nitro. Its an on road electric.

**EDIT** there web site says 2003-2007 so they are fairly new to the sceen.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Best advice I can give you is find an RC group, or event and ask a lot of questions. You'll learn more in one day than you will reading forums.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:36 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

yeh it smells indeed, moreover, cars with hideously huge wheel gaps.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I like it. Good price too.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Looks like they took a nitro chassis and threw a brushless system in it. The aluminum chassis and 200mm width are kind of a give away. As for racing...if the place you go to race at follows ROAR rules they your car may not be legal. ROAR specifies a width of 190mm for electric and 200mm for nitro. If the local track lets you race with 200mm then this car will be fine as an entry level car. As your skills progress though you will need to move up to a more competitive chassis to further your progress.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the tip! When you say 190mm 200mm are you talking about the size of the motor?

Yea its a great car. After 3 runs two of my tires are almost bald lol.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

200mm motor diameter are u crazy? He is talking about width of the car wheels because 200mm is nitro standart but 190mm is for electric touring.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The high quality AM transmitter and receiver work together to let you precisely control your car.

The Champion will be available "Ready-To-Run" making it the highest on-road performance 4-wheel drive Electric Power racing car available to everybody

just a quick survey, am i the only one that pissed himself from laughing so hard?

but seriously, welcome back to the hobby. with the alum chassis I'm going to go out on a limb and say your track will not let you run that indoors, only on the outdoor track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.