R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC-3 Upper Deck (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/23845-tc-3-upper-deck.html)

Tweeter 09-04-2003 06:47 PM

TC-3 Upper Deck

I was wondering who makes an upper deck for the TC-3. I started milling out the center ribbing, because I plan on moving the batteries in closer to the center line. I know it's been done before but I want some input before I hang a slab of graphite on standoffs. I don't want it crapy looking.

Brian McGreevy 09-04-2003 07:15 PM

Contact Victor at Warpspeed Racing. He'll hook you up with a nice 3 mm upper deck.

[email protected]

bubbles 09-04-2003 09:45 PM

well it all depends on how far that you want to move the battery in,

if you go about half way on the "X's" then flex should not be a problem, but if you intend to go farther, then you might need a little bit of chassis bracing

i would think that the upperdeck from warpspeed might be overkill on the chassis at anytime that you are still running the tub chassis(unless you are going to race on carpet of course)

here at socal we move the battery in to about half way in on the "X" in the center of the chassis

and i also think that warpspeed makes a thinner upperdeck for the chassis, but im not an expert on that chassis

and dont forget, on the TC3, you should place the battery in the front position when milling the chassis in, so that the rear drive cup near the spur gear dose not hit the battery

and to solve the oversteering problem with the battery up front, just put on a front swaybar:D

Tweeter 09-05-2003 04:02 PM

I removed all the bracing in the center of the chassis. And i do plan on racing on carpet. I'll check out the warpspeed upper deck.

ZER01 09-05-2003 05:39 PM

Why did you remove all the center bracing?

bubbles 09-05-2003 07:47 PM

so is the battery sitting directley under the driveshaft?

and why?

then you would have to have the upperdeck to mount all the electronics!

how far did you raise up the drivetrain?, inorder to get the battery to sit under the driveshaft?

Genetic 09-05-2003 08:53 PM

What does moving the batterys more in suppose to do? After you have done it how does it feel? im trying to get some info so i can do this mod to my own car, thanks

Tweeter 09-06-2003 02:23 PM

I don't need an upper deck to mount the electronics. The chassis still had a bottom. Just the raised ribbing in the cetner was removed. The batteries will only move in as far as you extend the battery slots. And no i didn't raise the drive train.

the pros of this mod will make the roll center of the car more equal from side to side. I don't recommend removing all the ribbing. Just the first part before the X's will be fine. Remember to extend the slots though.

patcollins 09-06-2003 04:57 PM

That does not effect roll center, it effects polar inertia, weight distribution and balance. Roll center is determined by suspension geometry only.

Tweeter 09-10-2003 03:36 PM

Balance oh yea. Sorry i wrote this at like 3 am in the morning. Balance is whati meant to say. Thanx for the save pat.