Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo YR4 M2 type J Pro – review old sedan car

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Yokomo YR4 M2 type J Pro – review old sedan car

Last part of my trilogy Yokomo YR with the review of the Yokomo YR4 M2 type J PRO, the ultimate YR4 sedan produced by Yokomo at the end of 90 years.

http://www.gaz-on.net/Yokomo-YR4-M2-type-J-pro-vintage

Old 08-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

I don't remember how was all the story, but this car really provoked a lot of "headache" for anybody, even for some Yokomo's sponsor drivers.
Most of people with this car, have made enormous change to working better.
In the case the people who drove old M2 before, feel this newer J is not really replaceable from its predecessor, to be hard to setting well.
Someguy with J or Pro had just kept the front, rear bulkhead and the lowdeck, then change with old M2 top deck, belts and YR4 old motor mount, someguy around me have run with front diff instead with front oneway.
This car was really a big disappointment.
Just because that time: TF3, GTO961, RS4 PRO, SST were better.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Oh man, I had one of those and I loved it. It was a beauty and quick as well.

Barry Baker had a lot of success with this car until the MR4TC budget car was released and proved to be even quicker.

Good times!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

i'm agree with you mac853, YR4 M2 J Pro was a really beautiful sedan car but too difficult to drive and to setting well
Old 08-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by moumerico
i'm agree with you mac853, YR4 M2 J Pro was a really beautiful sedan car but too difficult to drive and to setting well
My last Yokomo was YR4M, in my opinion, from M to M2 was just evoluting reversibly, i could not understand why M's diff was included big diff balls and pulleys then become smaller for newer version, this was 1 of the point that i don't agree, the only thing i have upgraded my M was just M2's Shock mount.
Instead of these i have changed also the old YR4 long top deck and a low deck with more hole from an aftermarket, in the case i think these short deck with that strange adjustable spring make the chassis so soft then is nothing good run in the case we were running foam.
Then not only we have also working for the cars being better: "special" small size motor mount, delrin center one way, delrin diff hub, aluminium suspension arm, screws, king pin, lock nuts and drive shaft. From my work, i cut totally the bulkhead cover to fit M2 shock mount, everything just weighed 1250G.
But as i know some people beside me could put the YR4 lighter than mine, with original plastic, using receiver without body and also other handworks on bulkhead and low deck.
But, if i wasn't wrong, the lightest chassis was undoutly GTO961, with that breakable materials like toys, as i heard from rumours even the suspension shaft weren't steal, was carbon, could you believe how weigh as i heard from the rumours, 1150G.
For us, those cars are just Pro-10 with 4wd transmission and GT body(not Sedan), the most usable body of that was HPI 200mm NSX, our cars are totally wider than actual cars.

Last edited by mac853; 08-21-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Take a look on this clip, is not M2J PRO, but is interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRE7CUM0AIo