Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you can run any 3-phase BL RC motor with the ezrun controller, including sensored motors (as long as you don't go overboard on the number of turns). Just don't plug the sensor cable if you use a sensored motor.

Paul
Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lonestar
you can run any 3-phase BL RC motor with the ezrun controller, including sensored motors (as long as you don't go overboard on the number of turns). Just don't plug the sensor cable if you use a sensored motor.

Paul
What is 3-phase BL motor? Do different brands make different phases?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dameetz
What is 3-phase BL motor? Do different brands make different phases?
Im no pro but to make it easy to understand 3 phase means the motor has 3 different sections inside the motor can whereby each of the sections are individually energize to make the rotor spins....

An easy way to keep track on how many phase a brushless motor have is the number of wires going into the motor.... eg. most motors we use today has 3 wires soldered onto the motor where each wires handles each phase in the motor....

Correct me if im wrong guys....
Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Im no pro but to make it easy to understand 3 phase means the motor has 3 different sections inside the motor can whereby each of the sections are individually energize to make the rotor spins....

An easy way to keep track on how many phase a brushless motor have is the number of wires going into the motor.... eg. most motors we use today has 3 wires soldered onto the motor where each wires handles each phase in the motor....

Correct me if im wrong guys....
pretty much. The wires join up the coils, and the ESC pulses them like this: AB, BC, AC, over and over again.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

has anyone run a speedpassion or similar sensored 10.5 or 13.5 or 17.5 that doesnt have timing on the motor adjustable with these ezrun esc's..

I am wondering if their was any cogging issues from take off....

I want to try one for racing in a onroad Touring car with 2 cell li-po for super stock & stock Class.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

I run a couple of F103's with 35A ESC and 3000kv without fans on ESC.
No problem as of yet.

Did get 1 time it went thermal on me, but i was running it in a F103GT with high traction foams and the car is heavier than F1's.

I guess the ratio is different on F103GT than on F103R-RS running same spur/pinion. I run mine on 20t/104t.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just purchased a new 150 with motor and hope to have it in a weeks time and will put it in an older ofna MBX to try as a electric L8M.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The switch on my ezrun 60A Tekmodel went bad. I have a old Duratrax esc with a switch on it would it be fine to use the switch from that.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghj1997
The switch on my ezrun 60A Tekmodel went bad. I have a old Duratrax esc with a switch on it would it be fine to use the switch from that.
yes you can.

there are two kinds of switch basically - those that are actually current breakers, and those that just turn devides on. For and ESC we're talking about the latter (the "real" current requested by the motor doesn't flow through the switch). you can take pretty much any switch you like and replace the stock one with it.

Sidenote: how the heck do you guys manage to fry switches???

Paul
Old 01-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think you blocked me but if some one quotes it lonestar can see it.

The switch's are hit and miss, my truck one has lasted a couple of months and still going strong but my dads did one battery pack the smoke just came out of the ESC the switch and my friend died after a fair bit of abuse but no smoke......Is it just those two or do they dye in the off possition ie usable but the batt is the switch

Originally Posted by Lonestar
yes you can.

there are two kinds of switch basically - those that are actually current breakers, and those that just turn devides on. For and ESC we're talking about the latter (the "real" current requested by the motor doesn't flow through the switch). you can take pretty much any switch you like and replace the stock one with it.

Sidenote: how the heck do you guys manage to fry switches???

Paul
Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

I managed to short mine out too

The ESC itself is fine, but the shortout occured right at where the switch's wires are connected to the ESC.. the insulation was apparently stripped too much around there... so now the wires pretty much melted, and my fan's wires were so close they melted partially as well.

I am now running my old SuperRooster with a 17T modified brushed motor in my TT01 till I can fix the thing.

Also ordered a 60A ESC to try out with this motor...

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...hless_Inrunner

Anyone have experience with it?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

now this question has probably been asked a thousand times here before, but i dont have the time to read all posts so:

i`m thinking of getting the 60a system with the 5,5 motor, what can i expect for speeds, what does the motor compare to against sensorless motors?

its going to be driven on a large asphalt track so speed is important!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
now this question has probably been asked a thousand times here before, but i dont have the time to read all posts so:

i`m thinking of getting the 60a system with the 5,5 motor, what can i expect for speeds, what does the motor compare to against sensorless motors?

its going to be driven on a large asphalt track so speed is important!
I have one on my TRF 416 and I m running it on large asphalt track too(meant for nitro cars). Speed wise it is there on par with the rest of the top brands. Though its sensorless its the smoothest out there for me, no cogging at all during standing start.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:36 PM
M@Z
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HI all, I M new to EP, don know much about the electronics needed to run these Ep cars. Can someone shed some light for me. I have a NANDA NRX18, which of the Hobbywing brushless ESC/motor combo suitable for this car. we have a small technical track. and which one is suitable to be fitted into the ABC M-Chassis car?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M@Z
HI all, I M new to EP, don know much about the electronics needed to run these Ep cars. Can someone shed some light for me. I have a NANDA NRX18, which of the Hobbywing brushless ESC/motor combo suitable for this car. we have a small technical track. and which one is suitable to be fitted into the ABC M-Chassis car?
I'm not familiar with the nanda car, but for the ABC a 35A 9t system would be absolutely perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.