R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #106
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Tekmodel

Hey guys just purchased the ezrun Tekmodel 60A version. Is there any real difference in the original and these. I am going to try it in a Losi xxx-t with a Novak 10.5. Do you guys think this will work. This is my first time going brushless. Has the on/off switch got better on these.
ghj1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic
 
lutach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kearny, NJ
Posts: 806
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghj1997 View Post
Hey guys just purchased the ezrun Tekmodel 60A version. Is there any real difference in the original and these. I am going to try it in a Losi xxx-t with a Novak 10.5. Do you guys think this will work. This is my first time going brushless. Has the on/off switch got better on these.
Tekmodel is Hobbywing's own brand so it is the original. I haven't had a problem with any of my switches and neither have our sponsored driver whic hused the 60A system in his ZX5.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikJALhTd8s
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8651
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/04/01/autism.ireports/index.html (My daughter's video is the last one)
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #108
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

So i ran my ezrun for the first time today and a 10t in a 2wd on grass it lands on its roof on acceleration. But i was having battery problems (the built in cut off in the lipo kicks in under high load) so when i get a new battery i will do furthur testing

Also there is a bit of cogging at low speed
__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #109
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Finally what does timing do to the motor?
__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #110
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

A question for all the guys using the 60A version, what is the fastest motor you did use with this ESC? Also what battery, 4cell 5cell 6cell or Lipo?
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #111
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,366
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
So i ran my ezrun for the first time today and a 10t in a 2wd on grass it lands on its roof on acceleration. But i was having battery problems (the built in cut off in the lipo kicks in under high load) so when i get a new battery i will do furthur testing

Also there is a bit of cogging at low speed
1-10000mah lipos don't exist in "classic 6-pack" size.
2- if you're wheeling that bad, gear up and be smoother on the throttle.
3- setup the cutoff properly, otherwise if your pack voltage falls that much under load it means its IR is way higher than normal, and you can bin your lipo.

Paul
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #112
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Townsville
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default 60A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghj1997 View Post
need a couple of questions answered. Firts can the ezrun 60A run a Novak 10.5. Next question. Right now I am using a Novak GT7 with a Komodo 19T brushed motor. Is this better than the ezrun system for speed and ease of use.
I had a 19t with GT7 in a assoc. b3 buggy. I fitted the 60A & 9t system for racing last wed. night and it was ballistic. I will never go back to the brushed. I geared it up up to help with wheel spin and it was the fastest buggy there easily. If you want to, it will flip every time you tramp the throttle but use the go juice sparingly and it is awesome.
The speedy didn't even get warm after 6min of racing and the motor was cool enough to hold in your hand comfortably. (without gloves)
__________________
Is your car slow..Xray it!.......FK05, M18, M18t
RexX
Assoc...T3,T4, B4
Team Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #113
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,097
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

The motor seems ok in a RC under 1.5kg like ur TC, small buggys etc but in your stadium trucks, Traxxas Slash etc, it just burns up no matter how well you gear it, on a warm day the little rotor in that BL motor just dumps it's guts and heats up like an oven!

They need to bring out a 550 size motor with a decent sized rotor.
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #114
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Hobbywing already make a 5.5 , 8.5, 13.5, and 17.5 sensorless motor in 540 size. In fact you can buy them as combos with the 60A ESC

The 9, 10, 12 and 13t motors are a 380 motor and are designed to drive small 1/10 scale and 12th scale cars only

It all comes down to buying a system applicable to your use. You cant expect a 380 motor to drive ST vehicles without having heart attacks
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #115
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default ezrun

so the 60A is designed to run in 1/10 trucks for off road
ghj1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #116
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

The 60A ESC is able to handle the amp draw of the 540 size motors such as the 5.5 and 8.5
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #117
Tech Elite
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
1-10000mah lipos don't exist in "classic 6-pack" size.
2- if you're wheeling that bad, gear up and be smoother on the throttle.
3- setup the cutoff properly, otherwise if your pack voltage falls that much under load it means its IR is way higher than normal, and you can bin your lipo.

Paul
1-Doesnt need to be that (and its like 5mm taller, 7mm longer and 6mm wider) or if it does a 8000mah (soft case) pack will be the 6 cell lenth and width and on an 8.5 your will get 20 mins plus in a 2wd truck
2-I havent added a gram of extra weight so the back is like 5 time heavier the the front
3-Its a faulty cut off in the battery i was watching the voltage on a lipo cell checker and it was still like 7.8 volts when it cut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
The motor seems ok in a RC under 1.5kg like ur TC, small buggys etc but in your stadium trucks, Traxxas Slash etc, it just burns up no matter how well you gear it, on a warm day the little rotor in that BL motor just dumps it's guts and heats up like an oven!

They need to bring out a 550 size motor with a decent sized rotor.
Retested my truck on diff batts (4600 nims) fair wheelie and no flip. And if the motor was sensored it still would cut off but weight is about 1.6 kilos

and i forgot to turn the cut-off off and i know that works well at least
__________________
::Mi4::17.5::::::M03R::HW 3000kv::::::T4::7.5::::::HB Cyclone D4::5.5::

"Why follow, when you can lead?"
Schumacher
Drifting101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #118
Tech Master
 
dethklok151's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: az
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

this thread is kind of out of my normal veiwing area,but i'll post my experience here.

i have the 35a model in a slash.i am running it with their 13t 380 sized motor geared the same as stock.i havent changed any of the programming,as i dont have the card and havent been able to get it to program manually yet,but i'll keep trying.my only real test so far has been an oval race.yes,oval,slashes are for fun and that is what i was having.with the stock tires,the rear was pretty loose as usual,so i am guessing i didnt have a real high amp draw issue,i only used about 1300 mah of my 2 cell lipo in the first round,races were at least 5 minutes.oval track was pretty short,and i spun out a bit in the first few laps,so i also might not have as hard on the motor as usual. the motor temps whenever i checked were right at 133 degrees.speed and power were better than stock (as they should be),but probably just under a good 19 turn brushed motor,i think.definitely not as fast as some of my other motors(which it should NOT have been ).esc temp was under 100 degrees.

pending its ability to prove that it is durable under bad situations,i like this set-up.its brushless,has some nice programming features(that i havent tried out yet)and provides decent power.my buddy is running the same esc,with their 9t motor in his slash and it has thermalled on him a couple times,could be a gearing issue,and the fact that he has his endpoint turned down to 40%.

i like it,its not too fast(12t)3000kv,and the price was right.
__________________
"hey buddy,ya gonna finish marshalling my car or just lay there and bleed?"
Tamiya euro truck on asphalt
dethklok151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #119
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,097
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethklok151 View Post
this thread is kind of out of my normal veiwing area,but i'll post my experience here.

i have the 35a model in a slash.i am running it with their 13t 380 sized motor geared the same as stock.i havent changed any of the programming,as i dont have the card and havent been able to get it to program manually yet,but i'll keep trying.my only real test so far has been an oval race.yes,oval,slashes are for fun and that is what i was having.with the stock tires,the rear was pretty loose as usual,so i am guessing i didnt have a real high amp draw issue,i only used about 1300 mah of my 2 cell lipo in the first round,races were at least 5 minutes.oval track was pretty short,and i spun out a bit in the first few laps,so i also might not have as hard on the motor as usual. the motor temps whenever i checked were right at 133 degrees.speed and power were better than stock (as they should be),but probably just under a good 19 turn brushed motor,i think.definitely not as fast as some of my other motors(which it should NOT have been ).esc temp was under 100 degrees.

pending its ability to prove that it is durable under bad situations,i like this set-up.its brushless,has some nice programming features(that i havent tried out yet)and provides decent power.my buddy is running the same esc,with their 9t motor in his slash and it has thermalled on him a couple times,could be a gearing issue,and the fact that he has his endpoint turned down to 40%.

i like it,its not too fast(12t)3000kv,and the price was right.
Don't get me wrong if all you are doing is 5-6 minute runs, it's probably fine, but who goes out to a park for a bash and pulls it in after 5? For a 5 minute sprint in a slash it's probably fine, anything more, it'll just keep heating up and by 10 minutes you'll be in 160-170 area, after 15 try 185-190

For those "pushing" the 540 size motors (cannon) please post a picture of these motors side by side the "380" motors and if possible a picture of the rotors side by side.
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #120
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Nexxus .. I am not pushing anything just stating facts. The heatsink can versions are 380 motors. The heatsink just makes them look the same size as a 540.

The true 540 motors are just that .. a true 540 can and rotor. Of course the little 380 motors are going to heat up. They are not designed for larger vehicles.

I am not going to pull apart motors just to satisfy your curiosity
Attached Thumbnails
eZRUN brushless system-3650-motor.jpg   eZRUN brushless system-3650-m-motor.jpg  
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website

Last edited by cannon; 10-19-2008 at 08:25 PM.
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya mini cooper sipaboy Electric On-Road 29687 12-10-2017 04:07 AM
Duratrax Evader cheech4 Electric Off-Road 1159 03-25-2015 02:27 AM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
wich brushless system maylemay Electric Off-Road 38 06-09-2009 03:46 PM
Whats a cheap brushless system for a traxxas slash Leroy1234p Electric Off-Road 25 05-17-2009 08:07 PM
Xray copies academygaz Electric On-Road 151 11-03-2008 09:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net