R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #901
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

U must be on a small track. For a hot sec, I run my T2 at 4.74 FDR ratio with the 9t. But not all the time, though its the idea speed id like my car to be.[/QUOTE]

Not that small. But it's outdoor asphalt. And we're just starting to run them. But at the speed we're running, we could run with the touring cars in lap times.
We're not trying to set an overland speed record, but fast enough to make them fun.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #902
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmooth View Post
Yes. You can set the pack voltage cut-off in the custom setting. I set my cut-off at 6.2 volts because even though I balance charge my batteries every time, 6 vpc is lower than I like to go. I have set the cut-off at 6 volts a few times, with no problems. But like I said, I balance charge every time.
why not just go 6.4... can u tell me how to do the custom settings?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #903
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantboost View Post
why not just go 6.4... can u tell me how to do the custom settings?
I usually run more than one race on a battery. The 6.2 volt just gives me a buffer zone against dumping during a race. If you have the LCD program box, go to the lipo cutoff section using the "item" button, then press the value button to scroll thru thecutoff options until you get to the "custom" setting. Then press the 'OK" button. Then you'll be in the custom screen. To set whatever value you want, press the "value" button. When you have the setting that you want, press the "OK" button to save it & you're done.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #904
Tech Regular

Well, got to run the 12th scale today at Hobbytown in G-boro. Because of the weather, they set up an oval. The little car was the sweetest car I've driven all summer! The Ezrun 13t motor with the Ezrun 25A esc ran flawlessly. Motor tempt at around 110 deg all day. I'm very pleased.
Dhamby's 13.5 sensored motor with his 35A Ezrun sensorless esc was fast all day & never missed a beat.
All in all, a GREAT day![/
Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #905
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Id like to say after upgrading to Xerun 5.5, to get the car to run only a tad faster than the 9t at 4.74 FDR, the motor and esc i believe both got a little warm alot faster. the speed gain isnt worth the extra heat, although not hot, just warm after 5 mins. I could run the 9t for about 15 minutes in the sun, and then still not hot.. This being said, I think its one point towards the fact that these smaller motors actually run cooler. The 9t was a very great motor and very versatile. If it wasnt for the software upgrade on the xerun, i would prefer the xerun still.

So what would be nice is a sensored version of these smaller motors.

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #906
Tech Regular

I have a 60 amp Ezrun sensorless esc & it's the first one that I'm having cogging issues with. All of my other esc's are smooth as silk. But this one "chatters" terribly at startup. Plus it's slow off the line.
Any suggestions?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #907
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

whats the gearing and motor turn. seems like it may be geared to high. Whatever it is, its having a hard time down low on starting off. try a better battery, or increase the punch setting.

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #908
Tech Regular

The fdr was around 6.50 or so. The motor is an Ezrun 10 turn 380 base motor. It's been wicked fast and motor temps in the 130 degrees f. The esc temps out at just a little over 100 or less.
I've decided to go back to my Xerun 120. Ithink I can get the balance right without adding too much overall weight to the car.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #909
Tech Rookie

hi, i am very new to the electric rc world and was looking for some advice when i came across this thread so i had to register!

i have a hot bodies e-zilla ht tp://w w.hpiracing.co.jp/contents_asia/hotbodies/ezilla/

it is old the batteries are dead and the motors (titan gt550) are pants!

i have been looking at the ezrun system for the last couple of days and can see that most people usign the ezrun system has lighter cars than the e-zilla (4300grams) its quite heavy.

all i'm looking for is to be able to run the truck in a field and attempt a few jumps but i would also like to be impressed with the speed of the truck and pull some wheelies, may main concern is a long runtime. i would also like to make sure the gearing is ok so i dont heat up the motor or esc or drain the battery to quick.

the ezrun systems that i have looked at are

Ezrun Combo 60A + 9T Brushless Motor (the 380 size with fins @ 55)

EZRUN V2 4000KV 8.5T RC Brushless Motor & 60A ESC (without fins @ 65)

EZRUN V2 6000KV 5.5T RC Brushless Motor & 60A ESC (without fins @ 65)

my question is which one?

i have the standard runnign gear with a 20t pinion and a 66t spur gear the wheels are 5.5 inch diameter and according the that site the drive ratio is 2.4375

i dont have a lipo battery at present but i would appreciatte a point in the right direction for a good value for money battery to run which ever brushless system it worls best with!

thank you and sorry for a long post!

Dave.
daveb948576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #910
Tech Adept

Get the 8.5T system.This motor will run way cooler than the 9T,because it's bigger.

Lipo:Zippy Flightmax 2s 5000mAh 40C - from Hobbyking.You will play at least 25mins(I think - I play about 25mins but I have a 5.5T motor - higher amp draw than the 8.5T) btw welcome to rctech
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #911
Tech Adept

Remember that you will need a close gearing or a low timing to prevent overheating.This truck is a little big.But I've seen 8.5T motors on Slashes too without any problem.If you want to make this truck go really fast get a better BL combo.If you want a decent speed and you just bash(off-road,jumps,etc.) then ezrun should be ok
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #912
Tech Apprentice

The e-zilla seems to have similar running gear to an e-maxx so I am going to recommend a system that would be suitable for it. I am going to recommend the EZRUN C2 or C3 combo with the 3674SL motor if it will fit in your chassis. It looks like there is a notch in the chassis that might interfere with the length of the motors. Otherwise you might have to purchase two of the systems you have chosen to get the performance that you are looking for.
duanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #913
Tech Rookie

ok thanks for the welcome!

when you say better bl combo do you just mean one with higher amps say 100a or 150a?

i've never had a lipo before and i want to make sure it dont go pop so would i be ok if i made my own hard case for when its in the turck out of thin sheet metal? i only mean about 1 or 2mm thick. i'll be driving this truck around my kids and the last thing i want is for them to get burnt.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #914
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew View Post
The e-zilla seems to have similar running gear to an e-maxx so I am going to recommend a system that would be suitable for it. I am going to recommend the EZRUN C2 or C3 combo with the 3674SL motor if it will fit in your chassis. It looks like there is a notch in the chassis that might interfere with the length of the motors. Otherwise you might have to purchase two of the systems you have chosen to get the performance that you are looking for.
its ok i dont mind chopping the chassis about a bit to get the right system to fit!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #915
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb948576 View Post
ok thanks for the welcome!

when you say better bl combo do you just mean one with higher amps say 100a or 150a?

i've never had a lipo before and i want to make sure it dont go pop so would i be ok if i made my own hard case for when its in the turck out of thin sheet metal? i only mean about 1 or 2mm thick. i'll be driving this truck around my kids and the last thing i want is for them to get burnt.
Don't bother with trying to make any type of metal box for your lipos. Hardpacks are not that expensive. They are also not that dangerous if handled properly. There are some distributors of some Chinese cells that are good quality that are great for bashing. Examples: Turnigy, Blue lipo, Zippy. Locations: Hobbypartz.com and Hobbyking.com
duanew is offline   Reply With Quote