R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #706
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys:

Hopefully someone can give me some direction on the Xerun systems.

I want to use a sensored brushless in a Team Losi MF2 1/10 truck. I'm thinking around about a 80-120 amp esc and a 8.5 turn motor. I have seen them on ebay and also see a 100amp/5200KV on HobbyKing's site. I also there seems to be newer versions too for some of them on ebay.

Can any of you help me to make a proper choice please, this would be my 1st brushless system in this truck. Some of the tracks can be quite large (1/8) with up to 150' straights, and some will be just 1/10 size tracks that I will race it on.

thanks for your help....

7.5man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #707
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Which ESC?

Hi matey,

We have been using the ExeRun (note NOT ezrun) ESC's for many months and can say they have worked faultlessly. They seem to be more lively than the GTB's which they replaced and if you go for the 'cheap' one (60amp) then you are safe running down to about 6.5T. Spend a few pennies more though and you can get the 120amp which is good to 2.5T.

Value for money wise these are great ESC's however I would look at using a different brand of motor with them (buy ESC alone) something like a Prince (Budget) or get the Fantom Ion2, about $75ish, as this is a superb combination.

The HW motors are OK but trust me these other brands are way ahead.

ESC 9/10 Motors 6/10.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #708
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

thankyou!
7.5man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #709
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frederick MD
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

i got a ezrun 60a that craped out on me. is it worth it to mail it to hong kong to fix? no smell no burning. it just one day would not run it would studder and get hot.

Last edited by cheebs; 12-14-2009 at 07:19 PM.
cheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #710
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 57
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys.
I'm guessing this might be a good place to asked.
I have the Yeah Racing 9T + 35A Combo. Seems to be similar to the eZRUN.

I'm currently experiencing heat issues with my current setup (hot to touch);

Spur: 104T (64P)
Pinion: 38T (64P)
Center Pulley: 18T
Rear Pulley: 37T
Front Pulley: 37T

FDR: 5.62

Battery: Yeah Racing 4000mah 25C
Car: TA05 V2

Should I increase or lower down my FDR? I'm using my car for drifting, so I need more torque.
mezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #711
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezan View Post
Hi guys.
I'm guessing this might be a good place to asked.
I have the Yeah Racing 9T + 35A Combo. Seems to be similar to the eZRUN.

I'm currently experiencing heat issues with my current setup (hot to touch);

Spur: 104T (64P)
Pinion: 38T (64P)
Center Pulley: 18T
Rear Pulley: 37T
Front Pulley: 37T

FDR: 5.62

Battery: Yeah Racing 4000mah 25C
Car: TA05 V2

Should I increase or lower down my FDR? I'm using my car for drifting, so I need more torque.
If you need torque you should rise your FDR (by using smaller T pinion)
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #712
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm running the same chassis as you are and utilising Ezrun 9T + 60A combo, 105T 64P spur + 29T pinion. So that makes my FDR 7.44, and so far no over heating issue for drifts although it is advisable to keep your FDR from mid 6's to just very low 7 to maintain the torque for drifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezan View Post
Hi guys.
I'm guessing this might be a good place to asked.
I have the Yeah Racing 9T + 35A Combo. Seems to be similar to the eZRUN.

I'm currently experiencing heat issues with my current setup (hot to touch);

Spur: 104T (64P)
Pinion: 38T (64P)
Center Pulley: 18T
Rear Pulley: 37T
Front Pulley: 37T

FDR: 5.62

Battery: Yeah Racing 4000mah 25C
Car: TA05 V2

Should I increase or lower down my FDR? I'm using my car for drifting, so I need more torque.
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #713
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Have read the issue on waterproofs and i manage to drift down a puddle of water on our drift track. The whole car stutter, stopped and then began to move by itself which by luck i manage to pick up before it sped off on its own. Thought to myself i might have killed my esc from the puddle of water so i opened up my shell and i can see water almost everywhere in the chassis. Took a cloth and began the drying process by dismantling every electronic parts i have and when i assemble everything back and tried on my system, it was running well again. Wonder what was the problem that caused my car to splutter died down and ran by itself.. but i was lucky i didnt killed my BL system
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #714
Tech Adept
 
nameless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bedok
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
Have read the issue on waterproofs and i manage to drift down a puddle of water on our drift track. The whole car stutter, stopped and then began to move by itself which by luck i manage to pick up before it sped off on its own. Thought to myself i might have killed my esc from the puddle of water so i opened up my shell and i can see water almost everywhere in the chassis. Took a cloth and began the drying process by dismantling every electronic parts i have and when i assemble everything back and tried on my system, it was running well again. Wonder what was the problem that caused my car to splutter died down and ran by itself.. but i was lucky i didnt killed my BL system
that happend 2 mi 2 i got the ezrun 60a 5.5t on my tt01 4 drifting i play in the rain......... it was my reseiver that casue the problem
nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #715
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 57
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
If you need torque you should rise your FDR (by using smaller T pinion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
I'm running the same chassis as you are and utilising Ezrun 9T + 60A combo, 105T 64P spur + 29T pinion. So that makes my FDR 7.44, and so far no over heating issue for drifts although it is advisable to keep your FDR from mid 6's to just very low 7 to maintain the torque for drifting.

Noted on that. I've changed back my pinion to 31T (FDR: 6.895). It seems to be better than 38T.

Should I try to lower it down to 29T to get to 7.369? Also, would it make a difference if I added a heatsink with fan?
mezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #716
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frederick MD
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebs View Post
i got a ezrun 60a that craped out on me. is it worth it to mail it to hong kong to fix? no smell no burning. it just one day would not run it would studder and get hot.
anyone? i am not getting any anwser from hobbywing. i only got two test runs from it. it's going to cost me 30$ to ship it its 60$ to buy another ( don't think i will do that but i don't know yet most everyone else seems to be getting better results) advise please
cheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #717
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Your final drive is great for torque and speed at the moment. You can go down to 29T pinion but this fdr consist of very high torque and not recommended to trigger the throttle to full unless needed as this will cause very high rise in temp on your motor but on very low trigger the response is very good and will help you pull away from every slide and corners with ease. Yes, a heatsink with fan would certainly help to cool your motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezan View Post
Noted on that. I've changed back my pinion to 31T (FDR: 6.895). It seems to be better than 38T.

Should I try to lower it down to 29T to get to 7.369? Also, would it make a difference if I added a heatsink with fan?
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #718
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Most of 35A's hobbywing esc here have experience this problem. Just last week we had problem with hobbywing's ecs which wouldnt reverse at all. Reseting it doesnt help at all and in the end one of my friend just cut the switch off the esc and decide to go direct on the +/- wires and esc is working fine now. Hope you get the chance to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebs View Post
anyone? i am not getting any anwser from hobbywing. i only got two test runs from it. it's going to cost me 30$ to ship it its 60$ to buy another ( don't think i will do that but i don't know yet most everyone else seems to be getting better results) advise please
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #719
Tech Elite
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftWoof View Post
-Neutral range is set to 12%
That's part of the problem. Make sure you don't have some crazy setting from a previous setup on your ARC on your radio...
__________________
RIP TAP RC
tom_chang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #720
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 57
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
Your final drive is great for torque and speed at the moment. You can go down to 29T pinion but this fdr consist of very high torque and not recommended to trigger the throttle to full unless needed as this will cause very high rise in temp on your motor but on very low trigger the response is very good and will help you pull away from every slide and corners with ease. Yes, a heatsink with fan would certainly help to cool your motor.
I only used 50% out of 140% of the motor power. Does this makes a difference of the heat generated during full throttle?

I only full throttle when I'm on a long curve.
mezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya mini cooper sipaboy Electric On-Road 29687 12-10-2017 04:07 AM
Duratrax Evader cheech4 Electric Off-Road 1159 03-25-2015 02:27 AM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
wich brushless system maylemay Electric Off-Road 38 06-09-2009 03:46 PM
Whats a cheap brushless system for a traxxas slash Leroy1234p Electric Off-Road 25 05-17-2009 08:07 PM
Xray copies academygaz Electric On-Road 151 11-03-2008 09:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:02 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net