Wiki Posts
Search

PROTOform "R9-R" Racebody

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Had a good day of testing with the new R9-R body today at my home track. This was my first time running the R9R and all I can say is WOW!!!

I ran the body on my Mi3.5 and ran the new Jaco blues, and 10.5BL motor. Ran the car with Schumacher blue springs up front(16lbs), and whites in the rear(14lbs), 2.5 rear toe, and the mounted the wing on the rear hole on the wing mount. Car was really good...I was able to run my fastest lap times with 10.5 and Jaco blues with the new R9R.
hi, has u try it on s400??
Old 10-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default R9R

IAM NOT A GREAT RACER BUT I TRIED THE R9R AND I HEARD THAT IT HAS TO MUCH STEERING. SO I TRIED IT AND BOY DID IT HAVE ALOT OF STEERING SO I TOOK THE ONE WAY OUT AND PUT A FRONT DIFF AND STILL TO MUCH STEERING. SO I DECIDED TO PUT IN MY SPOOL AND IT MADE ALL THE DIFFERANCE IN THE WORLD. IT HAD A SLIGHT PUSH BUT VERY DRIVEABLE AND SEEMED TO BE VERY STABLE TO. THE BODY IS MOUNTED ON A 2008 CYCLONE HOTBODIES T/C. DIDNT HAVE TO MAKE ANY CHANGES ON SET UP AND MOUNTED REAR WING TO THE REAR SETTING. AND RAN 36s ALL DAY INTO THE NIGHT AND DIDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR AT ALL.
JUST MY 0.2 CENTS
Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default no rear grip using a R9-R

Has anyone tried using the R9-R only to find it has no rear grip at ALL

I tried at a meeting recently (I am usually a stratus and sometimes speed 6 user) and it was diabolically bad for rear grip or lack off it... I know the R9 is supposed to have a lot of steering but this was totally un-drivable and no amount of changing the car setup could over-come it
Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

I love the R9-R.

As for lack of rear grip, I did find this body likes the front suspension to be quite a bit stiffer than the rear, even compared with say... a Mazda 6 body.

What I did to dial in my suspension to suit the aero was to start standing the front shocks up until the car developed an on-power push through a sweeper, then lay them back down one setting, lay the rear shocks down one hole, and fine tune from there.

Some people don't like the R9-R because it has a TON of front grip, but I've had no problems finding a neutral balance setup for it.

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default R9F and R9R any difference running on T2'008 US Foam chassis?

Hey hope you fellas can chime in on some info...

Will running either of the two R9F and R9R shells yield any major differences on a T2'008 US Foam chassis...will there be any problems...such as mounting, rubber/foam wheels not clearing or not being flush with fenders? I do sometimes run rubbers on the foam chassis...would this cause problems running either either of the two bodies?

Just concerned because I ordered a painted R9R and its in the works, so I need to know.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Like Harry Leach said, SET-UP! I had to do the same with shocks, and if you forget about the R9R setup and put a Mazda six shell on. Your car is going to push like no other, I did that couple races ago.
The R9R is an agressive driving body when you need it to be. I LIKE IT
Old 08-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by artwork
Here is mine already to cut out and run...probably will try it next week!

Wow nice airbrushed.
I want it in red in stead of green.
But very nice body.